It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PG&E to cut power to 800,000 customers across California early Wednesday morning

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   
So I guess it wont really matter if cell towers go down either since phones will be running out of power anyways.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

People will be charging their cell phones in their cars, which means that some will be running those cars while they are parked in front of their homes. Hot catalytic converters on the cars are liable to start fires if they have dry vegetation blown underneath of them by the wind (which is supposed to be the reason that the power is shut off).

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

People will be charging their cell phones in their cars, which means that some will be running those cars while they are parked in front of their homes. Hot catalytic converters on the cars are liable to start fires if they have dry vegetation blown underneath of them by the wind (which is supposed to be the reason that the power is shut off).

Doesnt sound very "climate changey" to me....probably enough emissions to take another year off our earth.....down to 11 now! LOL!

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
What about people with medical needs, nursing homes hospitals?

Its safe to say they planned on healthcare facilities, but I wonder about people who are alone and on electric powered oxygen at home. Surely the devices have some limited backup power, but I would bet there are going to be people on medical devices, or elderly/ill who will be over stressed by the heat.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   
It occurred to me that anyone who owns a Tesla needs to be very concerned about how long this power outage lasts. Because this would be a really bad time for the batteries to run down.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Not to be conspiracy-minded, but this could be part of a "cull".

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

They just want to make room to rebuild housing for the homeless in CA big cities.....

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Link to California ISO (independent system operator) website.

Supply, demand, etc.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Many people will install backup generators that run on natural gas from the same company but cost much more to produce. So they win big time!!

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Not to make light of the seriousness of the situation,
but I laugh when I think about how much sales tax California
will lose over a 5 day period for shutting down power
to small business.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticalRogue123

We stocked up on briquettes, water and ice. Anything perishable; meat, frozen foods we steered away from. Charged all the batteries and found all the flashlights. Their saying to conserve water now. Filled up the tub and already had a few gallons of drinking water on hand.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

I don't know what's happening at the hospital, but people with medical needs were told to make arrangements before the power went out.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Cell is still working and mobile data. No electricity for router, so no regular internet on the comp. A few people in town have generators, but can't get gas. Stations were running out anyways just before power was out.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
a reply to: ATruGod

I'd wonder more where they are diverting all that power to....what is it being used for while the cities are all cut?

Now THAT is a damn good question.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   

We have a Dynamo. Can keep cell on for as long as I can crank.

Giggidy

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: SilentWindofDoom

Does your dynamo hum?

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Appears they should have cut power to LA as well....that fire is going to get VERY large.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   
It was also just reported there are a potential $30 Billion in lawsuits from the PG&E cut against the state....OUCH! Bet they are going to want some Federal help....

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Looks like Green Energy isnt helping California lol.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Hum? get rid of the sick and feeble? One of the things I thought about was what exactly is being moved out of California during the outage? Power outages usually means that people won't be at the beaches, local airports, or cruising back roads. So what's getting moved?

Also is anyone else a little intrigued about the story of using the blackout to catch arsonists, then as soon as the power is out LA catches fire? Who started the "arson" story, and did they do that to deflect from an insurance scam, or did the state already know that a fire was going to start and refused to set up a contingency plan? Either way, I'm willing to bet the if the state didn't want PG&E to shut down the power, they wouldn't have. It's not like Conoco-Edison couldn't get the power contract from the state, and this willingly shutting off of the power does void PG&E's agreement with the state (unless the state said it was OK)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join