It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Effigy of Greta Thunberg found hanging from bridge

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
Ugh... when I was Greta's age I was stupidly gung ho about the environment too. I now see the movement for the solutionless money grab it is. Should I have been hung for being young and naive and idealistic? Is part of growing up to latch onto idealistic causes without the wisdom to see the darkness hiding underneath the authorities for those causes. When young we think more with our hearts than our heads.

When I was her age, I was chasing girls and taking them to movies and going to the mall with my friends to look for more girls. If anybody our age talked about anything political, they'd nearly be casted out of the group for being the ultimate nerd. I was far too busy with real life, for a 16 year old, to be concerned about something that should only be a concern for adults 25 or older.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Seriously? ...

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I'd like to see her debate Nick Sandmann.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: WalterTilley

how about EVERYONE listed on IMDB as " self " in a non fiction production ?????

theres a lot

prince andrew

ll credits as " self " for appearing in documentaries

a lot of people are listed in this way

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: Puppylove
Ugh... when I was Greta's age I was stupidly gung ho about the environment too. I now see the movement for the solutionless money grab it is. Should I have been hung for being young and naive and idealistic? Is part of growing up to latch onto idealistic causes without the wisdom to see the darkness hiding underneath the authorities for those causes. When young we think more with our hearts than our heads.

When I was her age, I was chasing girls and taking them to movies and going to the mall with my friends to look for more girls. If anybody our age talked about anything political, they'd nearly be casted out of the group for being the ultimate nerd. I was far too busy with real life, for a 16 year old, to be concerned about something that should only be a concern for adults 25 or older.

When I was her age I went on as many protests with my high schoolers as I thought necessary.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

Well, those who disagree with her aren't the type to hang an effigy of her from a bridge. They're the kind that sits back and laughs while she stands there and looks stupid. I think someone from her side did it to pull in pity. That makes a lot more sense considering past events and how they unfolded.

Hmm...I hadn't thought of that.

Good point. I wonder if there's any way to probe further?

It won't be pushed for investigation, look how that turned out for Jussie's Mullett. Democrats that wanted his "attack" to be real recused themselves from the investigation.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: Bluntone22

Seriously? ...

Of the several posts ive put on here. Which one are you questioning?
edit on 8-10-2019 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Jay-morris

You claim that some people are science deniers and you have the right to think that way.
But...

The greenies are the ones that are science deniers when it comes to their renewable energy aspirations. They refuse to believe the numbers proving that green tech is not capable of replacing and in many cases more harmful that the fossil fuels being used today.

I am talking about climate change deniers. And yes, thst mskes them science deniers.

That's retarded logic. You can believe in science and not fall for the AGW BS.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Awww go you. You sound like such a cool clique type person. I mean even so far as to pretend your group is representative of all kids your age. We geeks and nerds took up quite a large percentage of people at that age. Then there are other cliques, each into different things. Kids group themselves into similar interests.

Is nice that you were a skirt chaser. I was a geek, a bit of a nerd, and very opinionated about the various going ons of the day. There were several others like me, and many that didn't give a crap. So yay, I didn't fit in with your clique, go me, I don't give a #. I had plenty of similar minded friends. By high school I was able to bounce from clique to clique. So I eventually got to see outside my original bubble.

Guess what I learned? Each group was different but expansive in it's own right. No group made up the majority of kids. So go you not caring. Your clique did not make up the entire school.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
a reply to: thedigirati

Doubt the parents put it there.

I think hanging someone for their views on the state of the planet is a tad too far and we do have environmental problems here on Earth, much of which is caused by us.

Yeah, but you will always get deniers in pretty much every subject, from HIV to the earth being flat! Always going to have these people, but in this case, it obvious that people are jealous.

Wait, jealous? Why would any of us be jealous over a kid that's brainwashed?

You have evidence that she is being brainwashed? Please post it here!

Yes. She thinks man is responsible for changing the climate of the Earth, the same climate that has been much hotter in the past before man was here and long before the Industrial Age. It's arrogant to think we're that big.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

You mean other than her looking down at her script when she speaks?

Seriously! Most people in the limelight look at a script lol be it one they wrote themselves, or someone wrote it for them. Does that mean it's b.s. and they are actors lolololol

Stupid logic there!

Hey...you asked if anyone had proof she was reading from a script. Maybe ask smarter questions?

Sorry, but that is ridiculous, and you know it! You think this this is proof that she is an actress, and just reading a script someone gave here lololololol

Never said she was a actress. I think she is a brainwashed little kid that has a real disability that is being taken advantage of.

And she is definitely reading from a script...like I said....you can watch her read from it. She obviously did none of the research on her talking points on her own...she is only 16 and has skipped a lot of school so she is definitely not a scientist nor an intellectual in any sense of either word.

Shes just a angry teen being misguided by those around her. You see it every day with child actors and musicians.....

Why don't you look when people make speeches! Most of the time, they have them prepered, but no one questions that, so why are you questioning this?

Many times you see her in a debate, which she handles very well, without a script, so please explain that to me?

Who gives a #, why don't you prove the paper she was reading from was her own words? Put up or shut up dude. Your obsessive crying over her script is annoying.

I do not have to prove anything! I have made it clear thst most people when they do a speech, they read from a script. Does thst mean they are all actors?

You are using your belief to fill in the gaps!

Using no evidence at all!

Like hell you don't have to prove anything. You're saying she's not reading from a script, Vasa says she likely is. Can YOU prove she's not? No, you can't.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo - You can't prove she wrote her own speech down, we can't prove she didn't.

Basically, nobody knows so we can speculate all day long, Vasa can tell you over and over that the girl read her speech from a script, you can keep asking for proof, and you can't prove anything either.

I do not have to prove anything! Most people write their speeches down! That is common knowledge and logical.

You are the one saying she is an actress, so please provide that evidence!

Most people... So that's your proof that she didn't have a speech prepared and edited and looked over by someone else helping her push her agenda?

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: WalterTilley

originally posted by: thedigirati

Her grandfather and both parents are actors....

So yeah, she couldn't possibly be an actor.....smh

And this is your evidence!? Seriously? lolololol

What would you like?
A Disney contract?

No, I would like actual evidence thst she is an actress, and not something conjured up by your belief system!

You have that evidence?

Interesting, on Friday her IMDB page had Greta as an actor, now, she is crew miscellaneous crew.

How strange

how can one find out when the last edit was on IMDB

I swear there is a screen grab around here somewhere.

IMDB may have said she was an actress (evidence please) So that's it! If someone wrote thst on there, that proves she is an actress lolololol

Please show us some other people on IMDB that are listed as actors that really aren't? Most sensible pople would have to say that if you are listed on IMDB with movie credits..you are an "actor".

But in your clown world, if you are on IMDB and listed as an actor, that's not true and someone made it all up..wow..no that is some serious denial right there.

Firstly, I am still waiting for this do called evidence that she was listed on there as an actor.

Secondly, it is my understanding that anyone can edit the pages on IMDB. So, if thst is the case, and she really was on there as an actress, whst does that prove?

You're more than welcome to disprove the information on this page...

Greta Thunberg IMDB

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   

You mean other than her looking down at her script when she speaks?

Seriously! Most people in the limelight look at a script lol be it one they wrote themselves, or someone wrote it for them. Does that mean it's b.s. and they are actors lolololol

Stupid logic there!

Hey...you asked if anyone had proof she was reading from a script. Maybe ask smarter questions?

Sorry, but that is ridiculous, and you know it! You think this this is proof that she is an actress, and just reading a script someone gave here lololololol

Never said she was a actress. I think she is a brainwashed little kid that has a real disability that is being taken advantage of.

And she is definitely reading from a script...like I said....you can watch her read from it. She obviously did none of the research on her talking points on her own...she is only 16 and has skipped a lot of school so she is definitely not a scientist nor an intellectual in any sense of either word.

Shes just a angry teen being misguided by those around her. You see it every day with child actors and musicians.....

Why don't you look when people make speeches! Most of the time, they have them prepered, but no one questions that, so why are you questioning this?

Many times you see her in a debate, which she handles very well, without a script, so please explain that to me?

Who gives a #, why don't you prove the paper she was reading from was her own words? Put up or shut up dude. Your obsessive crying over her script is annoying.

I do not have to prove anything! I have made it clear thst most people when they do a speech, they read from a script. Does thst mean they are all actors?

You are using your belief to fill in the gaps!

Using no evidence at all!

Like hell you don't have to prove anything. You're saying she's not reading from a script, Vasa says she likely is. Can YOU prove she's not? No, you can't.

The funniest part is she is literally reading from it. She looks at it a LOT too...as if she wouldnt know what to say if she did not.

I'd say we push for a debate on stage with bi-partisan moderators from both man made and not man made sides. Let's find out just how much research she has done and what she actually knows.

Hell....from what everyone is saying she is doing this of her own volition so she should be able to accept and defend her stance in a real debate.

So how about it....those on both sides should think this is a good idea....that is unless you only want a one sided, scripted, point of view.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I think she has been coached by her actor/activist parents from a very young age. I think her speeches are a combination of this coaching and scripting her lines.

Prove me wrong...she cant go off script with her speeches...she is incapable of it because she is reciting what she has been told.

I think her disability is being exploited in the most horrible way possible. I feel bad for her and really hope she doesn't end up like the majority of child actors or musicians that have been exploited by those that were supposed to protect and love them.

lololololol

" I think" is not evidence! Complete belief!

Got it, so what is it from your side that is not "I think" exactly? Or is it also Complete belief.

lololololol

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

so what - she is credited in non fiction documentaries - as " self " - so are hundreds of other people who are not actors // actresses either

its just how IMDB organises its listings - you are either cast or crew

and like so many other people - she is ONLY credited as " self "

does that REALLY make her an " actress " - or just the cast of a documentary ?????

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

I joined FBLA so I could get out of school for one day and take a 2 hour trip to the closest University (Louisiana Tech) and check out the college chicks. But if it came down to a protest, I would have opted out. To each their own, but I find protesting and protesters to be the most annoying people and their chants are always unintelligent in my opinion. If we'd gone to high school together, I would have laughed at you for protesting back then. I was in high school from '94 to '97 though, kids around here left politics up to the adults where politics belonged (and still do).

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Her reading the speech isnt a problem for me. She has obvious social disorders making public speaking difficult.

The question is did she write the speech herself.
Maybe she had input.
But the idea that she wrote the speech without the help of her activist parents ghost writing is hard to believe.

I dont think for one minute she doesnt believe everything she said but i dont believe for one minute she hasnt been coached her whole life either.

Nothing but a political pawn.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: WalterTilley

originally posted by: thedigirati

Her grandfather and both parents are actors....

So yeah, she couldn't possibly be an actor.....smh

And this is your evidence!? Seriously? lolololol

What would you like?
A Disney contract?

No, I would like actual evidence thst she is an actress, and not something conjured up by your belief system!

You have that evidence?

Interesting, on Friday her IMDB page had Greta as an actor, now, she is crew miscellaneous crew.

How strange

how can one find out when the last edit was on IMDB

I swear there is a screen grab around here somewhere.

IMDB may have said she was an actress (evidence please) So that's it! If someone wrote thst on there, that proves she is an actress lolololol

Please show us some other people on IMDB that are listed as actors that really aren't? Most sensible pople would have to say that if you are listed on IMDB with movie credits..you are an "actor".

But in your clown world, if you are on IMDB and listed as an actor, that's not true and someone made it all up..wow..no that is some serious denial right there.

Firstly, I am still waiting for this do called evidence that she was listed on there as an actor.

Secondly, it is my understanding that anyone can edit the pages on IMDB. So, if thst is the case, and she really was on there as an actress, whst does that prove?

You're more than welcome to disprove the information on this page...

Greta Thunberg IMDB

Going to ignore your other ridiculas posts, and keep to this one. What am I looking at here?

Julian Assange is on there too, does that mean he is an actor! Seriously! Stop now before you make yourself look even more stupid! Did I mention anyone can edit Imdb? Not that anything on her page proves she is an actress lololol

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
To me at least, this seems like a peaceful protest and I’m not sure what anyone is going to be charged with?
I’d even defend this by saying it’s art.

Once again, imo.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join