It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Effigy of Greta Thunberg found hanging from bridge

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Think this belongs in this forum as it's about Greta Thunberg!

This story is on skynews.

An effigy of Greta was found hanging from a bridge in Rome, Italy and I thought this should be posted on ATS as there has been a few threads about her lately. I agree that she has been reading from a script and someone is obviously pulling the strings with her. I do agree that something must be done to prevent further damage to our Ecological system and environment. I don't think hanging effigy's is the way to go or actually hanging Greta, that's going a bit too far.

Dressed in a yellow poncho, the effigy had Greta's pigtail braids with a sign in English saying "Greta is your God". Police in the city have begun an investigation after images of the dummy were shared on social media, saying that the inquiry had been opened after "aggravated" threats. Local media reports say the effigy was strung up by a group called Gli Svegli (The Awake in English).

news.sky.com...

Who is pulling the strings of Greta? Does that man Soros have anything to do with her? He seems to be funding a lot of Liberal groups but for what purpose?

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

This goes way to far. Critics towards her person are to be tolerated because she criticizes everyone else. Personally I dislike her but more her parents.

But this goes too far. I do not care if it is Hillary, Trump, Greta, Merkel or anyone else. This goes to far.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   
People just find it frustrating that a kid tells them what to do.
Because how embarrassing that a kid knows more about what is best for mother earth then we do.
Therefor .. quick ! release the hounds on her... and make fun of her.
And even if she tells the truth, she is dangerous to big companies busy earning more money.. sucking the life out of the ground.

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

That kid only knows the propaganda that is instilled in her. Not blaming her, she is used like a tool by the media and her parents.

I am not even sure to write "She will regret that" because it implies her actions are her decisions.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oleandra88
That kid only knows the propaganda that is instilled in her.
...and you know this how?

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   

That kid only knows the propaganda that is instilled in her. Not blaming her, she is used like a tool by the media and her parents.

I am not even sure to write "She will regret that" because it implies her actions are her decisions.

yearh she knows nothing right.. she is just a kid.. must be her parents.. standing in the shadows.. selling their own daughter to the devil.

Or perhaps she just want to help this planet we all are busy destroying.

I will go with that last one, because we all need that.. its not so much about the kid anymore.. its about our planet.

Better yet.. Do you want more money or do you want a future for your kids and their kids
edit on 8-10-2019 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   

She's getting the same treatment as the Covington Catholic boys, and it's sick.

We tell kids they can be whatever they like until we don't like it.

I'm all for critical debate, but once people get to a point they dog whistle implying these kids "deserve what comes" is too far. Many time the same people who find refuge in fringe extreme politics will defend their politicians saying they are only human and make mistakes while demanding perfection out of children who have never lived on their own.

It speaks to the climate of the western world. Unfortunately this doesn't represent the vast majority of people who don't engage in such behavior, but the loudest voices are the ones that are heard.

+23 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   

When someone took photo's of themselves holding the severed head of Trump, people called it free expression.

It may be ugly, it may be disgusting, but when you are placed in the public spotlight, not everyone is going to like you or agree with you.

Now what would be scary would be if people were not allowed to be critical, even to this degree.

Free societies are not always nice societies.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck
It is my impression and of course impressions change and to not reserve the truth and the only truth.

I have this impression because of how she acts and talks. It may change tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   
From the multitude of hate threads that have been showing up even here, I'm not surprised.

But it is a typical way to act out against a symbol for something you disagree with.

Kind of like holding a fake severed head, as you know, art.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   

a reply to: JohnnyCanuck
It is my impression and of course impressions change and to not reserve the truth and the only truth.

It's my impression that she is scaring a lot of people who have an interest in Big Oil. Good.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I think Greta's Parents are to blame.

they cashed in on their minor daughter.

to bad they are not US citizens

then we could call CPS and have Greta removed and save her from her parents. ( she allegedly has aspergers?)

they are suposed to be the Adults in the room correct???

Who did not see this coming? she get another 15 minutes of fame again.

Maybe her own parents put the effigy there????

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

You can disagree with a kids platform in a constructive way.

Many take it too far though. I'm not saying we should make laws against expression or speech, but we can certainly call it out.

I think she has by choice or not given up her childhood for an extremist view that very well may not be accurate... But I could just say I disagree with her, and I can also acknowledge she is just a child. Of course the spotlight will bring criticism, but that doesn't mean we have to say every style of criticism is socially acceptable.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Looking forward to when this comes out as a actual supporter of Greta that did it just to get folks riled up.

I couldn't care less about her opinion personally. I have read her backstory and understand that her handicap and age make her ripe for adults to take advantage of.

But hey....if you all want to encourage other kiddos to skip school and speak on things they have no actual knowledge of then by all means....promote the ignorance!

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I'll let this play out a few days to see if more data comes in.

It's also possible(likely even) this was done by one of her supporters to garner sympathy/victimhood points.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

That kid only knows the propaganda that is instilled in her.
...and you know this how?

we have seen the pictures of her and her perants in antifa tshirts

yes, it's still supposition, but it "appears" to be true.

or had you not seen those ?

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I guess those democrats who are pulling her strings didn't warn her that some people might do something mean.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
I'll let this play out a few days to see if more data comes in.

It's also possible(likely even) this was done by one of her supporters to garner sympathy/victimhood points.

More than likely by her parents.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

By all means, use your freedom of expression to disagree with it. I even called it disgusting.

Also, she can't hide behind "being a child" when she enters the fray of world-wide topics.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Bwhahahahahaha!!!!!!!

When you turn your child into a political puppet to push your controversial agendas, this is bound to happen.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join