It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Effigy of Greta Thunberg found hanging from bridge

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

That may be good, but for what cost?

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
Think this belongs in this forum as it's about Greta Thunberg!

This story is on skynews.

An effigy of Greta was found hanging from a bridge in Rome, Italy and I thought this should be posted on ATS as there has been a few threads about her lately. I agree that she has been reading from a script and someone is obviously pulling the strings with her. I do agree that something must be done to prevent further damage to our Ecological system and environment. I don't think hanging effigy's is the way to go or actually hanging Greta, that's going a bit too far.

Dressed in a yellow poncho, the effigy had Greta's pigtail braids with a sign in English saying "Greta is your God". Police in the city have begun an investigation after images of the dummy were shared on social media, saying that the inquiry had been opened after "aggravated" threats. Local media reports say the effigy was strung up by a group called Gli Svegli (The Awake in English).

news.sky.com...

Who is pulling the strings of Greta? Does that man Soros have anything to do with her? He seems to be funding a lot of Liberal groups but for what purpose?

Have you got proof she is reading from a script? Have you got proof she is secretly working for the powers that be?

All I see is a lot of jealous people, who cannot handle the fact that a 16 year old girl is trying to make a difference, so of course you will get people not liking her, and saying horrible things about her. Just the type of world we live in I'm afraid, when fully grown adults can hate and take the p#ss, all because she is trying to make a difference!

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Also, she can't hide behind "being a child" when she enters the fray of world-wide topics.

Agreed. You don't get to be 16 and just preach fire and brimstone to the world stage when you've never worked in the economy or even filed a tax return. You just don't know all the intricacies of the world yet.

And when I say the treatment is sick, I only mean the fringe types (minority) who say these kids should be punched in the face or elude to other things "coming their way".

I'm just saying we should tell adults who take it too far to grow up... And this is coming from someone who loves the Greta memes on reddit (they're getting removed for "hate speech" by the way).

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

You mean other than her looking down at her script when she speaks?

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   

a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

An effigy of Greta was found hanging

Smolletted... The act of staging a hate crime

edit on 8-10-2019 by AttitudeProblem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

yearh she knows nothing right.. she is just a kid.. must be her parents.. standing in the shadows.. selling their own daughter to the devil.

Yes, this is what I wrote. Word for word. Stop being dramatic. Overly fast actionisms for the sake of doing something is just not something I can agree with.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Seriously! Most people in the limelight look at a script lol be it one they wrote themselves, or someone wrote it for them. Does that mean it's b.s. and they are actors lolololol

Stupid logic there!

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

Seriously! Most people in the limelight look at a script lol be it one they wrote themselves, or someone wrote it for them. Does that mean it's b.s. and they are actors lolololol

Stupid logic there!

Hey...you asked if anyone had proof she was reading from a script. Maybe ask smarter questions?

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I agree so much. Teenagers think they have it all figured out. I thought that and I am a book person, reading much. So I thought I figured it out even more than others.

Oh was I wrong. Ironically, today I am more traditional and conservative but both progressive in some topics.

Life is a learning lesson

link   

Her grandfather and both parents are actors....

So yeah, she couldn't possibly be an actor.....smh

link   
Someone hung a Greta doll.

Malala actually got shot ... in the head.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Stupid logic there!

Hey...you asked if anyone had proof she was reading from a script. Maybe ask smarter questions?

Sorry, but that is ridiculous, and you know it! You think this this is proof that she is an actress, and just reading a script someone gave here lololololol

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

When someone took photo's of themselves holding the severed head of Trump, people called it free expression.

It may be ugly, it may be disgusting, but when you are placed in the public spotlight, not everyone is going to like you or agree with you.

Now what would be scary would be if people were not allowed to be critical, even to this degree.

Free societies are not always nice societies.

i agree with you on people being allowed to show their disapproval but when you hang an effigy of another person, it can cause people to think about actually hanging that person or targeting her by other means.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

And this is your evidence!? Seriously? lolololol

link   

Good.. can I go back to my coal mine now
Lets call it a day

link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

originally posted by: DBCowboy

When someone took photo's of themselves holding the severed head of Trump, people called it free expression.

It may be ugly, it may be disgusting, but when you are placed in the public spotlight, not everyone is going to like you or agree with you.

Now what would be scary would be if people were not allowed to be critical, even to this degree.

Free societies are not always nice societies.

i agree with you on people being allowed to show their disapproval but when you hang an effigy of another person, it can cause people to think about actually hanging that person or targeting her by other means.

No one hung a Malala effigy.

She was walking to school and got shot, in the head, because she refused to believe she shouldn't be educated.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Im guessing the science deniers that did this are hyper religious, uneducated, pro-lifers too, irony.

I enjoy reading paranoid types that believe people are pulling Greta's string, love the anti-semitism with Soros getting a mention too.

America only has a few science deniers, the numbers even less in Europe, so education isn't that bad and people can think for themselves, it would appear the gullible, uneducated, science deniers all gather here.
adorable

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

Doubt the parents put it there.

I think hanging someone for their views on the state of the planet is a tad too far and we do have environmental problems here on Earth, much of which is caused by us.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: contextual

Ay?

I was just asking whether that man 'Soros' is behind Greta or the group who are behind Greta? He seems to be behind everything else that's Liberal these days.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   

And this is your evidence!? Seriously? lolololol

What would you like?
A Disney contract?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join