It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Animal Attacks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Well a couple months back I remember reeding something on strange animal attacks all over the world and it was like wolf attacks and It was basically the same kind of attack every time I was just wondering if anyone had any info on this phenomina?

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
There was a strange animal attack on some horses and donkeys in the semi rural suburb I live in recently. It was put down to feral or wild dogs but No-one has seen these dogs or know where they come from.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   
lol I think I would prefer the wolf thanks. Here the most dangerous beast known to man is the Pit Bull. Someone seems to get savaged and mutilated every few weeks, last week a few of them were caught in the act of eating their dead owner. Heel boy good boy...and sittttT

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   
ouch ! a cat just bit my toe

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by theonlyalf
Well a couple months back I remember reeding something on strange animal attacks all over the world and it was like wolf attacks and It was basically the same kind of attack every time I was just wondering if anyone had any info on this phenomina?

What are you kidding me?? You mean you people haven't heard the latest animal attack in the news?? I guess it may only be because I live near the town where it happened which is why I know about it. Perhaps it didn't make the national news, I don't know. Well here it is, prepare yourself:

Chimp Mauling Under Investigation
HAVILAH, Calif., March 4, 2005

Investigators said they are trying to figure out how two chimpanzees that viciously attacked a visitor at an animal sanctuary escaped from their cage.

The chimps chewed off St. James Davis' nose and severely mauled his genitals and limbs Thursday before the son-in-law of the sanctuary's owner shot the animals to death, authorities said.

Davis, 62, and his wife had gone to there to visit another chimpanzee that had lived with them for decades before they were forced to give the animal up. LaDonna Davis, 64, was bit on the hand.

Dr. Maureen Martin of Kern Medical Center told KGET-TV of Bakersfield that the monkeys chewed most of Davis' face off and that he would require extensive surgery in an attempt to reattach his nose. Chealander told The Bakersfield Californian that the chimps also tore off Davis' testicles and foot.
www.cbsnews.com...

Yes, you read that last part correctly.

DAMN I HATE IT WHEN THAT HAPPENS!!!! :O
:O
:O

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 03:51 AM
link   
OMG!!
I thought chimpanzees were only small little tackers!! They must be savage little furballs.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Apes are very very very strong. A small chimp is easily twice as strong as a full grown man. I hope he was knocked out when they castrated him : \

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 04:10 AM
link   
There's another thread around here about the recent chimp attack. Yes chimps are much, much stronger than equivalenty sized humans and can be quite vicious.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Civil44
Apes are very very very strong. A small chimp is easily twice as strong as a full grown man. I hope he was knocked out when they castrated him : \

Well the guy was in his 60's so I imagine it didn't take too much before things went dark. In fact I can't see how he actually made it out alive this long after suffering the trama that would come with having your nose and face chewed off, castration & mayhem. That is quite nasty, especially for someone of 60-something years of age. I can remember my grandmother having to go to the hospital for hip surgery simply because she stepped off the curb wrong. In comparison I really don't know how much work it would require to tear off the foot of another person, but I'm positive it's a lot more than stepping off the average street side curb.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Thats nasty! He had his nuts ripped off? That sent a shiver down my spine! The only thing i've ever been attacked by is a dog and that was scary enough. I still have the scars on my hand and leg to this day. I managed to get my thumb in its eye which is what stopped it tearing me to bits. I had goo on my finger after....

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I think this just goes to show that even if what we deem as cute and harmless are in reality still wild animals , many people seem to forget that and then something aweful like this then happens .

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
man what are you talkin about.. those animals arent suppose to be in a cage and i would be pissed too.. take a walk in the jungle to know more the planet on which were livin

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
What gets me about the chimp attack is that it seemed cold-bloodedly hateful. Nose and Nuts? That was no defensive attack, that was mutilation.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
ok well ill get info really wuick on this

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
ok well theve been happening for long times and theres no info i could fid on them

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Chimps have been known to attack and eat babies in Africa.
I watched a show on animal planet about "murdering rogue
chimps". And these were wild chimps.

They are very smart animals and can be very vicious.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Didnt chimps just tear the face and legs off some man?

I never found them cunning, cute or worth the trip to the zoo.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   
The Davises raised their chimp as though he was a human child and, obviously, held some dangerous misconceptions about their violent potential.

My guess is that Mr. Davis wishes he'd never heard of a chimpanzee.

www.google.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaVe RyDa
lol I think I would prefer the wolf thanks. Here the most dangerous beast known to man is the Pit Bull. Someone seems to get savaged and mutilated every few weeks, last week a few of them were caught in the act of eating their dead owner. Heel boy good boy...and sittttT

I've never liked Pit Bulls at all. They are loathesome, violent dogs. That said, can you provide a link to the story?

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mOjOm
Well the guy was in his 60's so I imagine it didn't take too much before things went dark. In fact I can't see how he actually made it out alive this long after suffering the trama that would come with having your nose and face chewed off, castration & mayhem. That is quite nasty, especially for someone of 60-something years of age. I can remember my grandmother having to go to the hospital for hip surgery simply because she stepped off the curb wrong. In comparison I really don't know how much work it would require to tear off the foot of another person, but I'm positive it's a lot more than stepping off the average street side curb.

Hmmm..I can only think the Chimps weren't beiong given the correct amount of animal protein they need as to why they attacked that man. I was watching a nature show this weekend that showed a bunch of chimps ganging up on one poor little macaque and eating it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join