It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun is visiting biggest mass extinction zone in its orbit

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

This theory is half baked at best but there is just a lot to indicate that it bears investigation in my opinion.

It's a good one though.
Very logical.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   

If it's true I can't help but wonder about how right at the time we would need it most the human race has developed the tech that could save us.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Man could be making it worse.

No reason it can't be both.

(post by RickyD removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

If it's true I can't help but wonder about how right at the time we would need it most the human race has developed the tech that could save us.

You have no clue to the truth that our genetic creators/manipulators have both destroyed (Anunnaki) and saved us (Pleiadians) numerous times without using *grand* technology (just a well aimed asteroid or a Central Services normal extraction/evacuation).
edit on 4-10-2019 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: incoserv

Man could be making it worse. No reason it can't be both.

Well; as Mankind IS GOD expressing Itself all shenanigans are forgiven (God Itself is not making anything worse; it is just allowing for any/all experience of any/all outcomes).

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   

What mechanism causes oscillations of the solar system's …

astronomy.stackexchange.com...

In a recent paper (news release here) Lisa Randall and Matthew Reece propose that a dark matter disk coinciding with the galactic plane together with the solar system's oscillations through the galactic plane could explain the 35 million year periodicity in mass extinctions. They propose that the solar system passes through this dark matter disk in the galactic plane every 35 million years, disrupting bodies in the Oort cloud …

Solar System's orbit around galaxy, a concise 3D description?

www.physicsforums.com...

Dec 09, 2012 · In addition, the Sun oscillates up and down relative to the Galactic plane approximately 2.7 times per orbit. This is very similar to how a simple harmonic oscillator works with no drag force (damping) term. It takes the Solar System about 225–250 million years to complete one orbit around the Galaxy (a Galactic year),...

our solar systemgoes up-&-down, like a sine wave 2.7 times in every Galaxy orbit... so the 250 million year cycle is not returning to the exact oscillation (up-down position) ...
This Anniversary our location could be at the bottom of the sine wave oscillation instead of the top position with the resulting closeness of the interGalactic high energy rays which are more intense at the outer fringes of the Galaxy disc...

very good thinking, just one extra factor to figure into the equasion

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

This is why I come to this site. This is a great post and very interesting. I will be doing reading on this all day..

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I have seen a video on something similar to what you are explaining in your OP. What I would like to add is that NASA has been observing a particular star that has Nova'ed like 7 times and is not destroyed like you would think. The star remains intact. What they are thinking is that when we move through areas of the universe or as the galaxy spins we run into areas of dust. This dust causes micro nova's. They are thinking that is what may have caused the largest extinction event.

When Neil Armstrong was on the moon they found evidence of this. There are glass balls or beads all over. Real interesting and wish I could direct you to the video I saw on this.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Ansuzrune

If you happen to find that link I would like to see it. I have read reports that not just extra stellar objects are being increasingly more common they are often coming from out the solar system from what would be galactic north. There is also a measurable increase in extra solar particles and energy entering which is deforming the heliopause flattening it out and might just cause the Sun's pole shift which would also likely cause the Earth's poles to flip. This new data includes so many variables in this data I can not see how any climate model projected into the future can be at all accurate if these variables are not better understood so they can be added to the simulation.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

If that's not the moon, HWAT is it?

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
Sounds more probable than man-made global warming.

Yes, this ^^^

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: BastogneFoxHole

I concur...ats is the best place to come to give your brain something real to chew on. When it comes to Extinction events, and how imminent one could be.... Makes me wonder about musk's giant space ships. Not that they could go anywhere with current tech, but they could hang out in orbit for years while the dust possibly settled.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

This Anniversary our location could be at the bottom of the sine wave oscillation instead of the top position with the resulting closeness of the interGalactic high energy rays which are more intense at the outer fringes of the Galaxy disc...

As we learned during the 2012 nonsense, we are a bit above the midpoint of cycle. Left the "equator" about 2 million years ago. We have 30 million years or so before we top out.

In addition, the solar system moves perpendicular to the galactic plane in a harmonic fashion, with a period of 52 to 74 million years and an amplitude of ~49 to 93 pc out of the galactic plane. (The uncertainties in the estimates of the period and amplitude of the motion are caused by the uncertainty in the amount of dark matter in the galactic disk.) The Sun and planets passed through the galactic plane about 2-3 million years ago, moving "northward."

www.astro.ncu.edu.tw...

edit on 10/4/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

The amount of time that passes between these mass extinctions is outside the time of human existence. Even the best science work examining these distant events in the paleolithic and geological record are using methods of dating which are impossible for us to perform a real analysis of due to the fact that human science has only recently been at the level of exploring these things. When I read published papers and listen to lectures on this subject I do so with the understanding that every conclusion section of every paper is logically thought out and the methods of determining the variables to include in the computations are done with the best measuring methods we have at present. There are still sources for information we have not even thought of at this point but looking out into the cosmos is certainly more interesting now then when I was coming up. We have a lot of eyes in the sky looking at the universe and on a lot of mountain tops world wide and often using cutting edge technology to do so. We have isotope records in the geological record using technology that is always improving.

When they first introduced K-40 isotope dating methods the ability of humanity to look that far back in time then became possible. Up to that point we had only C-14 dating methods and those are only worth consideration out to about 10.5 million years. We are getting there but we are far from being able to pinpoint such distant events within even a 50 million year time frame.

edit on 10/4/2019 by machineintelligence because: entry error

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   

We are getting there but we are far from being able to pinpoint such distant events within even a 50 million year time frame.

Apparently then, this thread is pointless.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   
So I came across this, and I figured it was relevant. This is a supposedly previously classified document/book about the cyclical nature of mass extinction. Written by Chan Thomas a former CIA Agent, who created a discipline called Cataclysmology.. Purportedly, it's Pole reversal and Noah's Arc, and Adam and Eve occured during these clockwork cycles. There is Information about Symbolism, Science, Geology, Indigenous accounts, and etcetera. When the Sun hits the wrong area of The universe, it shuts down for a brief period...Destabilizing the Earths Magnetosphere, causing everything on the Earths Crust to spin like a roulette wheel...While the core stops spinning.
The book takes a moment to boot up, it has to be read page by page. Located about 3/4 down the page. Enjoy the read, I have not given it proper justice...

www.rawveganpsychic.com...

edit on 4-10-2019 by 2ndTenor because: Wrong link

edit on 4-10-2019 by 2ndTenor because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

It is a subject I consider as having a point. The point is to explore possibilities and direct attention to it for those who wish to explore these possibilities. It is the reason many of us do science. It is for the purpose of exploring the possible and developing the tools and technologies to perform this exploration with a bigger and better array of kit to perform that task. If this line of consideration is of no interest to you when just what is your purpose for interjecting yourself in the conversation?

What is your motivation? Why do you think exploring the edges of human understanding of our universe is pointless unless we can draw conclusions right now? Exploration is a journey it is not a destination. People are always saying if we only knew now what we didn't know then. That is typical of sour grapes when people follow a course of action with limited information and formed a judgment that time proved was wrong later when more was known. I try and mot be one of those people.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: 2ndTenor

Thanks I will give it a read.Got it downloaded to a folder. I never trust the web to always contain the information I find. Hard drives are so cheap now days. I tend to keep everything. My mind map for each subject is like visiting another world.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   

What is your motivation? Why do you think exploring the edges of human understanding of our universe is pointless unless we can draw conclusions right now?

My motivation? What is yours?

You're the one who said that something bad might happen because (vaguely) 250,000,000 years ago something happened. Are you not basing that hypothesis on the same data which you say is unreliable? To what purpose do you make such pure speculation?

My motivation is to provide a few facts which seem to conflict with your speculation.
edit on 10/4/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join