It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hong Kong is about to tip over

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: contextual

I’m sorry, but why does everyone with a Lennon avatar
ooze with globaliss (and godless) technofascist sympathies?

The only fingerprints on this are a people who recognize that
it is now, or never, because they are fully aware of the looming
doom of social control afforded by technologies so complex,
sophisticated, horrifically invasive and invisible, which gather
streaming data that rival God’s own mind, only to pick them off like grapes
in the days to come, one by one, should things fall into a lull, stalemate,or calm.

Power to the peephole indeed.

Go back to sleep you zombie.

# 1049

edit on 1-10-2019 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-10-2019 by TheWhiteKnight because: what good is the parthenon without acid?

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I think that time is a whole lot closer than you think, considering some people thought it was a great time to cause distractions at home that the people of Hong Kong will pay for with their lives and scant freedoms they had...

But what can you say to reach the unreachable?

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
In all honesty, I can't for the life of me understand how other countries are ok with China or even do business with them. They are the most inhumane government on the planet and yet the rest of the world is A-OK when it comes to what China does to it's people.

Didn't we go against Saddam and Gaddafi because they were 'mean' to their people?

Yeah I don't get it either.

The time of business and morality are gone. People want cheap shiny junk. China sells that. That is how countries are OK with China. Most people also do not care too much about people in a very far away land. Their government, their problem.

Not saying that is ok, but I believe that is how it is.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonlover12
www.twitch.tv...

multi live streams now

lots of fires being set, destruction of property

doesn`t look good

If Trump gets impeached, that's about what it's gonna look like here.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: Agit8dChop

A true David vs Goliath story.

It is heartbreaking to watch as events unfold.
How will history judge the world as we sit and do nothing?

Well, nobody is doing a thing besides HK and China so we won't be judged. We have to let them do their thing. If China turns HK into a battleground with bombs and such, someone might do something.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

all i can say is'''' It's going off big time.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Fact is, if the government send in militarised units to quell protests and end up killing some protesters, then that government has to fall, it has to be removed with extreme prejudice. The people in government have to be held accountable for those deaths.

No government has the power to quell protests through lethal force, they can be robust, they can be firm, but they simply cannot kill. If you go down that road, you are in civil war.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Well, nobody is doing a thing besides HK and China so we won't be judged. We have to let them do their thing. If China turns HK into a battleground with bombs and such, someone might do something.

People/countries can be judged on doing nothing.....

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   

It may be about to tip over.

just like guam ????????????????

asking on behalf of a mentally challenged US politician

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

Going by the vids, it looks like it has well and truly got out of hand.

Protestors will have to fight with more than just molotov cocktails and sticks if they are to win this one. They need guns to shoot back. If the tanks go in, then it's going to be very difficult.

They knew this months ago hence why they flew first the union jack then the stars and strips and from memory even induldged in some national anthem singing whilst begging for help/ back up.

These people have our backs - why so far have we not had theirs?

The western world should really start to feel a real sense of shame and understand a stance has to be made.

Now -

That doesn't mean take on china on it's own soil but rather broker a deal to allow anyone who wants to leave to emmigrate out of Hong Kong to a western nation.

Let's face it, the chinese ain't giving it up and todays speach by the chinese pres really confirmed that.

Or similiar.

All they need to do is declare their right to freedom as humans and their Independence from China. Just like Taiwan. Then when the Chinese attack as they surely will, the Nations of the UN would allow aid from a coalition. Putin would stay neutral with his enemies to the south making big mistakes and being so occupied with the freedom seekers.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   
you can only push people so far

America is not very far behind HK

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The entire world needs a reset. Maybe this will be the catalyst, but I won't hold my breath. Felt this way for a looooong time now.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   

The protesters are escalating the violence, they are getting back violence, as expected.

Destroying other people's property is not the right way to fight for freedom (if that's what they are fighting for).

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

People/countries can be judged on doing nothing.....

Agreed but it's a never ending battle. We went to Korea, Nam and so forth and each time, people turned their backs on the vets that had no choice but to go or be imprisoned. It's a slippery slope either way you look at it.

However, doing for the purpose of caring shouldn't concern those that aren't.

In the end, how would you see justification? Great if it helps the people as the greater good, but what if those same actions start a war where everyone everywhere dies because of it? Tough question but I personally think the greater good, considering God exists. If not... well... That might be a little different? Maybe?

Still, because I believe in the betterment of humankind or nothing at all - I'm all about helping them but selfish enough to not do it on my own. Then... Guess you never really know till it's time to cross that bridge.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU
They knew this months ago hence why they flew first the union jack then the stars and strips and from memory even induldged in some national anthem singing whilst begging for help/ back up.

Idiots.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Money, obviously.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Are you willing to start a world war for Hong Kong?

Not a snarky question, I see it cascading into a world war very, very quickly should another country interfere.

ETA: there are other options than just directly assisting, but Im not sure the Chinese government will treat such acts any differently.
edit on 1-10-2019 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
you can only push people so far

America is not very far behind HK

I wish that were true but, only in first world countries would be suck it up like buttercup. There might be a few people here and there but I honestly believe for the most part, we'll just do what they say.

This was shown in the 'Milgram Experiment' where a person was asked by a man in a lab coat to shock a person he could not see, eventually proving fatal. The test subject often did it because he was told to, even though he knew it was wrong.

Scary thought.... That's why when someone says "our army or our navy would never fire on our own citizens - never drop a nuke on a US city for any reason"... etc I don't see it as true. You put an authoritative figure telling someone else to do something no matter how much against that task, people will do it.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

It would be funny (not so funny) and ironic if HK were to ask Russia for protection or assistance.

Imagine then

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Your signature says to correct you if you are wrong.

You are wrong about the protestors escalating in this situation. The use of live ammunition is the literal definition of escalation.

Implying that fires in a protest are escalation enough for the legitimate use of live ammunition is simply breathtakingly ignorant.
edit on 1-10-2019 by fedeykin because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join