It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hong Kong is about to tip over

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 07:05 AM
link   
The protesters are not scared of China. All of the below footage is from today Oct 1

It may be about to tip over.

Today's footage of a protester being shot point blank in the chest is starting to run across social media.
*Warning semi-graphic

Oct 1, China has celebrated its anniversary and it seems Hong Kong protests have escalated. China warned not to do this on their special day.

This protest started in March because of an amendment that was proposed by the government.
en.wikipedia.org...

Basically, it would allow China to detain and extradite people back to China. This obviously concerned the people. The Hong Kong Government was in a tough place, obviously being pressured by China to get it into law but inviting the wrath of its people.

The protesters gave their demands

Students unions, representing some protesters, issued four demands: total withdrawal of the extradition bill; retraction of all references to the 12 June protest being a riot; release all arrested protesters; and accountability of police officers who used excessive force.

The HK government caved,

On 4 September, Carrie Lam announced that the government would officially withdraw the bill in October. However, she dismissed the other four core demands from the protesters.

The protesters didn't give up there..

Footage out just now shows HK police (or Chinese militia) shooting dead a protester today - the first time live ammunition has been used.
(Edit - as of now HK Media reports person is in critical condition. However, earlier this afternoon it was reported as a death - to be updated)

Other footage out today shows HK police bloodied and pulling their weapons on the crowd.

It's getting nasty..

China massed men and materials on the border back in August and it seemed theoretically Oct 1 was the ''deadline'' for HK To sort it out.
It hasn't and someone's been shot. If the protesters come back after a death and manage to kill a policeman, it could tip over

edit on 1/10/19 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

This isn't tieneman square, from what I have seen or read lots of these young people figure this is it, do or die time with a loss resulting being under the bootheel of china forever.

I expect things to get worse as the protestors lose hope, many of them have already done enough to be disappeared by china, or sent to hard labor camps so what do they have to lose.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Well if they look north to what's happening to the Uyghurs, I can understand their concern.

China has been on a campaign to "re-educate" anyone with cultural or ideological differences into becoming followers of the one party of China. That party seems to be the only acceptable "God" or culture.

The extradition bill was just the first step to take care of anyone who had too much pull or voice (IMO). So like Irishaf said, this was a do or die moment.

I can't imagine China will be embarrassed on a global stage like with Taiwan (edit: in the 90's when they had far less reach or clout. My guess is they are consolidating while they have footing. But I hope I'm wrong for Hong Kong's sake.
edit on 1-10-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   
www.twitch.tv...

multi live streams now

lots of fires being set, destruction of property

doesn`t look good

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonlover12

I have never used twitch, thanks for introducing me!

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   

In my opinion, the tipping point is almost certainly coming and not just to Hong Kong. The whole world is seeing a rise in Police brutality and Government corruption which has always been prevalent but todays technology is shining a light on it.

Everyday people are gradually getting sick of it and all it takes is for one person who's had enough to turn against these people who abuse their power and start a cascade effect, a revolution, if you will. I'm not advocating for violence in any way, but neither do these countries who suffer from forced war because another country wants their assets yet they are subjected to violence anyway because the offending country knows only violence will net them their reward. The old adage 'Lead by example' comes to mind and our leaders are showing us that violence gets results.

A War is coming, a World War and it will be Civilians vs Governments.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Did you see that molatav? HK is ready to fight back. They may not win, but in our era, everything is about optics.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheMadTitan

More like the West v Iran and they gonna keep the Chinese out of it by keeping them occupied in their borders zones Hong Kong maybe even a mega Islamo terror attack on Beijing carried out by Weivers Kashmiris Uyghurs Isis or a general coalition on Chinese cities like 9/11 Beijing style. Then the West takes out Iran and Vlad gets a gift of eastern Ukraine or something for staying out of it, he's onto a winner anyway as USA and China use their resources to fight wars while oil goes through the roof and the Olygharcs go

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   

I think that there will come a time when China no longer cares about optics and violently suppresses the people of Hong Kong.

They are a communist regime, it's not like they have a history of allowing freedoms to protest.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Yep, worrying indeed.

Seems the prophets got it wrong about the middle east being the ignition point for ww3 quite possibly.

This is ground zero for democracy and no one seems to understand this fully just yet.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Going by the vids, it looks like it has well and truly got out of hand.

Protestors will have to fight with more than just molotov cocktails and sticks if they are to win this one. They need guns to shoot back. If the tanks go in, then it's going to be very difficult.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

Protestors will have to fight with more than just molotov cocktails and sticks if they are to win this one. They need guns to shoot back. If the tanks go in, then it's going to be very difficult.

They knew this months ago hence why they flew first the union jack then the stars and strips and from memory even induldged in some national anthem singing whilst begging for help/ back up.

These people have our backs - why so far have we not had theirs?

The western world should really start to feel a real sense of shame and understand a stance has to be made.

Now -

That doesn't mean take on china on it's own soil but rather broker a deal to allow anyone who wants to leave to emmigrate out of Hong Kong to a western nation.

Let's face it, the chinese ain't giving it up and todays speach by the chinese pres really confirmed that.

Or similiar.
edit on 1-10-2019 by CthruU because: 1

edit on 1-10-2019 by CthruU because: 2

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonlover12

That Twitch cam footage totally amazing thank you

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I think that there will come a time when China no longer cares about optics and violently suppresses the people of Hong Kong.

Exactly. The situation is black and white. Either the government concedes and gives into the protesters demands, or they strike them down with an iron fist.

I think we all know which is most likely to happen.

This incident (the shooting) could very well be the second "shot heard around the world". Especially if he dies. Last I read he was critical but in stable condition, which confuses me but it could be my ignorance of medical terms. Could also have been the translation as it was from Hong kong reporters.

Best wishes to the young fella and his family. Keep fighting.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

They are a communist regime, it's not like they have a history of allowing freedoms to protest.

China worried about optics. That's a good one. Only time I heard of them caring was when they shutdown the factories for a couple weeks to clear the smog for the G8 summit I believe. My spouse was told that story by a sister plant they have over there. The government ordered it shutdown for two weeks. Can't have world leaders seeing that filth.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

Molotov Cocktails stopped the Russian tanks in Poland for a short time (twice I think).
Urban guerrilla warfare 101: You only need a weapon good enough to kill the enemy and take his weapons.
HongKongers have a lot of tech at their disposal in addition to Molotov Cocktails.
It's all about their fighting spirit and the support of the international community (optics).

ganjoa

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

A true David vs Goliath story.

It is heartbreaking to watch as events unfold.
How will history judge the world as we sit and do nothing?

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

The protesters are not scared of China.

why would they? it's not as if china have invaded. hong kong's leader isn't a puppet.
we, the west, want hong kong back and have stirred up trouble in the hope of some arab spring type scenario, because that worked out so well.
look at what the protesters want, protestors that broke the law released, united states intervention and a return to british colonial rule. our fingerprints are all over it.
some teenagers want to return to serfdom, not exactly a rallying cry for freedom is it really?

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

originally posted by: TheMadTitan

Hong Kong maybe even a mega Islamo terror attack on Beijing carried out by Weivers Kashmiris Uyghurs Isis or a general coalition on Chinese cities like 9/11 Beijing style.

I was thinking/wondering about something quite odd to me, recently.

ISIS and Al Qaeda are fanatical against the US and other countries. They're pretty much in every country in one fashion or another. Though, I seldom if at all hear anything about them being in China.

Right now, China is all but taking away the religious freedoms of Muslims (and others), rounding them up and doing who knows what with them. How does this not infuriate ISIS and Al Qaeda? It seems with all that going on in China to their fellow Muslims, they would be there setting off blast after blast. ...and yet nothing.

So either they're afraid of china, can't get to china, or honestly have no interest in Muslims in china. ...or, ISIS and Al Qaeda really doesn't exist? I can't say I believe they don't exist but I find it very strange.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   
In all honesty, I can't for the life of me understand how other countries are ok with China or even do business with them. They are the most inhumane government on the planet and yet the rest of the world is A-OK when it comes to what China does to it's people.

Didn't we go against Saddam and Gaddafi because they were 'mean' to their people?

Yeah I don't get it either.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join