It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Early Polling Suggests Opinion May Be Shifting Toward Favoring Trump Impeachment

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Polls have long shown that Americans aren’t really in favor of impeaching President Donald Trump. But that may be changing. Or at least that’s what three new polls suggest.

The latest NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist poll found 49 percent approve of impeachment, compared to 46 percent who disapprove. Although still just shy of 50 percent, the poll shows a 10-point surge in favor of impeachment compared to the same survey in April

Granted as stated in the article here slate.com...
this was taken during the very active news period when this was first breaking but it still has to be concerning to the white house.

Even amongst republicans the numbers are rising.

Among Democratic voters the increase was even more pronounced at 13 points, from 66 percent to 79 percent. But Republicans and independents have also moved. “As more information has emerged about whistleblower allegations against President Trump, support for impeachment proceedings has grown to its highest point since the beginning of the summer,” Tyler Sinclair, Morning Consult vice president, said. “This week’s news cycle had a significant impact on Republicans and independents, giving credibility to Democrats’ impeachment inquiry.

I think that this is going to bother trump. He says he does not believe in polls and is not bothered by them but the word on the hill is that he cares a great deal about polls.

Those who are undecided are paying attention to the news.
www.npr.org...

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme
Lol. Sure it is.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Interested is seeing how many here want to even listen to a poll, rather than the voice in their heads...

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   
First they have to decide on something to impeach him for........

+18 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Are these the same polls that told you hillary had the election in the bag?

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: HanyManny
Interested is seeing how many here want to even listen to a poll, rather than the voice in their heads...

Interested in seeing how many easily manipulated weak minded people actually believe it.

+4 more 
link   

The only polls worth paying attention to have sweaty women dancing on them.

That being said, do it.

DO IT!

I double dog dare you.

Impeach Trump.

PLEASE!

DO IT!

link   

Tyler Sinclair, Morning Consult vice president, said. “This week’s news cycle had a significant impact on Republicans and independents, giving credibility to Democrats’ impeachment inquiry.

It is like they do not even hide it anymore, the obvious manipulation by the media.

"Well, our current news cycles brainwashing had a significant impact" *shoulder padding everywhere*

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat
First they have to decide on something to impeach him for........

They'll figure that out after they vote for it.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Who cares.

At this point in time, it’s all conjecture. Which has gone into hyper drive lately.

It only matters in about a year from now. And even then, who cares about polls. The proof is in the pudding.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

“But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what's in it....”

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Here from the conservative side...

Support for Trump impeachment rises 12 points in new poll

new Hill-HarrisX survey on Friday found support for impeachment proceedings against President Trump has risen 12 points compared to a similar poll conducted three months ago. The survey was conducted on Sept. 26-27, just days after House Democrats started a formal impeachment inquiry over a whistleblower complaint involving Trump’s communications with Ukraine.

thehill.com...

Looks like they are all going with "Run From Trump: Right Now"

Yep, the smart money is on leaving the Trumpster Fire to burn on it's own. How will the folks who have chained themselves to the Trump Train act when it goes this badly off the tracks?

40 Republican Senators have said they will vote for removal. I guess they never liked him, and now that he has filled his role as a useful fool, they will let him go down in disgrace: taking all of his supporters with him.

How many will say they supported him in a year? About as many who admit they supported Nixon...

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat
a reply to: DBCowboy

“But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what's in it....”

And Guam might tip over. Wow democrats vote for these idiots

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Lol, around here..probably not.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I read how this poll was worded, it asked if a investigation into whether an impeachment would be appropriate. It did not say that these people wanted an impeachment only that they wanted to see if it was actually warranted.

I had to read four articles from different sources to piece together what I found out and it fits all four articles to the tee, all actually state the same thing if you are looking for it.

They can not use this poll to start an impeachment, it is evidence that has been parameterized a certain way and the information is being twisted to fit the medias needs.

I think they should have the justice department, the supreme court, rule on whether that phone call is even a consideration for impeachment. I know most politically unbias judges would throw out what the Democrats are insinuating is a problem

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   

All the polls said Hillary was going to be President. Would you like a tissue now or later?

link   
a reply to: HanyManny

40 Republican Senators have said they will vote for removal

Citation? Because they would have actually held a floor vote to begin an inquiry, and a vote for impeachment yesterday in the House if that were remotely close to true.

Stop making things up, thanks.

link   
a reply to: HanyManny
So they do not even know yet why or for what they will "impeach" your sitting president...

But many have established they will "vote for removal" anyways. At least now many seem to show their true face. Must feel freeing to finally come clear, admitting the bias instead of hiding behind cringy accusations.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I saw a twitter post the othe day, I think it was from Webster dictionary or something similar.
They said that the word impeachment was searched 3000times more that day than in the past.

My point is that most of the American people, "like the ones being polled", didn't even know what impeachment meant.
Next week we will get a new scandal to distract the population.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Well if they impeach him before the election, they will lose.

If they impeach him after the election, still they lose.

And even if they win they lose.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join