It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting new UFO video recorded in Mexico

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: 1point92AU

Use your Google PHD.

I thought I did. I quote wikipedia and everything.
Please show me the error of my ways. And Elon's.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: 1point92AU

You clearly don't understand the definition of 'arbitrary' when dealing with the atmosphere.

I think I do. Do you think the atmosphere just ends somewhere?

The Kármán line thus is an arbitrary definition based on the following considerations:

en.wikipedia.org...

What did the booster reenter? Or is Elon also incorrect about his booster?

Yes Elon could be wrong, he has been in the past and he's not perfect in his knowledge, that's why things fail and have to be improved, you know?

Now how about your own calculations, or is the calculations of Elon the only ones you have to disprove someone else?

What does Elon think about all this stuff?

Also he's not your friend so you probably should be calling him Mr Musk, or at least "Musk"

You need to learn how to fail successfully Phage, if you want to really become exceptional i mean, if not then you are ok < 3

edit on 28-9-2019 by Malisa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Malisa

Yes Elon could be wrong, he has been in the past and he's not perfect in his knowledge, that's why things fail and have to be improved, you know?

I see. So I guess he was wrong about the reentry of his rocket.

My bad.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:42 AM
link   

I see. So I guess he was wrong about the reentry of his rocket.

My bad.

No, you were not either right or wrong, whoever posted the actual data may or may not be, we never got to hear your actual explanation, you just basically did a "retweet"

You added nothing more than a reference to someone else's data

So you are neither right or wrong, you are just in the middle but i guess we should go look the actual data from the actual person that produced it?

You have no credentials on that matter since you are just reposting other's people data without any explanation of your own

Yes, your bad

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:48 AM
link   

you just basically did a "retweet"

You don't think it was Elon's tweet?

You have no credentials on that matter since you are just reposting other's people data without any explanation of your own
What are you talking about?
edit on 9/28/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:56 AM
link   

you just basically did a "retweet"

You don't think it was Elon's tweet?

I said you are retweeting, is not you the one with the credentials to claim anything. Why don't you go ask "Elon" what he thinks about this thread and maybe we can know his opinion?

You seem to try to derail everything in every single thread every time you are called on what you posted

I want to see a post by you, with no reference to anyone, that explain a complex problem and solves it, please

Why are you playing this weak game? Did that work for you in the past?

Did i stuttttttter? I said you have no credentials to talk about this, what is your professional area? Most people here think you are some kind of scientist and i even read someone saying you worked at NASA, just days ago someone said i should learn from professional people like you among others

So, what are your credentials?

My credentials are that i'm a big mouther dumb person who is about to finish a degree in computer science but also had a run at military training for a bit and also tried to become a psychologist but turned but at it, a lot LMFAO!

But ask me about computers, i know my stuff and don't need to reference anyone to get some answers back to you Mister Phage < 3

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 02:02 AM
link   

You seem to try to derail everything in every single thread every time you are called on what you posted

This thread is about a rocket.
There was a question about a rocket being in the flight path of an airplane.
I said that the airplane was in the atmosphere but the rocket wasn't.
There was a statement that the rocket was in the atmosphere.
I said that was incorrect and proved evidence.
That evidence was disputed.
I conceeded that, within arbitrary criteria, I was wrong but under practical consideration apparently not, since Musk himself speaks of "reentry."
I asked what was being "reentered" if not the atmosphere.
If something has not left the atmosphere, how can it reenter it?

Now, where was the "derail?' Other than the point about the rocket not being outside the atmosphere? A point which was not made by me.

edit on 9/28/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 02:05 AM
link   

This thread is about a rocket.
There was a question about a rocket being in the flight path of an airplane.
I said that the airplane was in the atmosphere but the rocket wasn't.
There was a statement that the rocket was in the atmosphere.
I said that was incorrect and proved evidence.
That evidence was disputed.
I conceeded that, within arbitrary criteria, I was wrong but under practical consideration apparently not, since Musk himself speaks of "reentry."
I asked what was being "reentered" if not the atmosphere.
If something has not left the atmosphere, how can it reenter it?

Now, where was the "derail?'

You post things from other people and don't even add your own thoughts on it dude!

It should be obvious, why are you posting a wall of text now? Are you becoming what you hate the most?

You need to post your actual thoughts, not just copies of someone else's posts

Like for example, you are very much into science, so you should know this

After some time, like 6 months or so, what does a flask smells like?

Stop referencing someone else in an attempt to make you look right, that's your problem, you don't get it. If you know you were wrong, then say so and say "i was wrong, let me look more into this" but don't post someone else's truth as your own, like you do

(post by Phage removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 02:10 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 02:27 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   

If you clean them with bleach you wouldnt have that problem. and please explain how we got to the point of smelling flasks? talk about derailing a thread wow.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

AAttention!!!!!!

Let's stick to the topic, please....
Go after the ball not the player.

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Iguess we will never know

But it was all about showing you actually know what your talkong about instead of presenting someone else's words as your own, or at least as if you were somehow credible without having any actual experience of your own

and see? you have an answer, it was easy but i got none otherwise : )

And its all because in the context of this thread, some people answer with fake authority, and then fail to show even the most basic knowledge about science
So it discredits anything they have said before

originally posted by: dragonridr

If you clean them with bleach you wouldnt have that problem. and please explain how we got to the point of smelling flasks? talk about derailing a thread wow.

edit on 29-9-2019 by Malisa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 05:30 AM
link   

ILL BITE

what does it smell like?

t6hat depends whats in there, that's such an absurd question that it just makes you sound crazy

the picture in question was authored by the very people who launched it so why would it not be right? that is what is called an infographic they are used to relay general information. if you want EXACT details they are on SpaceX's website.

i think you have lost the plot

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 06:18 AM
link   
This plane is supposedly flying hundreds of miles an hour over the two minute clip, and the background never changes at all?

Two thin clouds are seen on the left of the plane for the entire two minutes, and are the same relative size, and same relative position, during the entire time!

A bit odd, isn't it?

Look at the area closer to the plane, it stays the same too. The only thing moving is the object, nothing else changes at all.

The relative position of the clouds should change over two minutes, but they are in one position the whole time!

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3

ILL BITE

what does it smell like?

t6hat depends whats in there, that's such an absurd question that it just makes you sound crazy

the picture in question was authored by the very people who launched it so why would it not be right? that is what is called an infographic they are used to relay general information. if you want EXACT details they are on SpaceX's website.

i think you have lost the plot

You completely missed the point

You can't just be a bot posting links to other stuff and sometimes just throwing it out there like a bone to a dog with no further explanation

And here i thought the site was supposed to be about actual conversations

I would like to think that if you post a link to some image you add your own thoughts instead of just throwing it out there without any input of your own

The flask thing is not an actual question but an exercise on how people will react, why didn't he reply at all but you and someone else already gave a valid answer, like you know, when you think about it for a moment and write your own sentence instead of throwing a link to my face and moving away without a single original word of your own?

I was trying to write a wall of text but failed badly, sorry

This all started because of the idea that just posting some image, acting with an attitude like that doesn't add anything, he could have said something like

"I found this image online and i believe this is correct and validates what i was saying before, look at this data and here and there and this explains it better than my own words in the previous post"

Or whatever, but add something of your own, show that you know the reasoning behind it, not just push the image because you found it on the web and you think it must be correct since those guys are scientists. We all can search on the web, that's why its funny the "Google PHD" stuff, but also is just noise

The entire thing is being approached in the wrong way if you can't add your own thoughts to it and just retweet someone else's knowledge

He posted the image, never linked the source, then when questioned he said something like "see that logo?"

Is that how science is done? Anyone could post an image on the web and add a logo, let's do that stuff the right way, provide the sources from where the image came from, is that hard? He found the image on google, why not post the link?

Just don't throw the image out there and move on, that's just nasty

Anyway this thread kind of went into a completely different direction right on the first page, it was about about an UFO recorded in Mexico and then it went into technical aspects of how a space craft launch separation stage works and other stuff

The entire thread after a few posts on the first page is completely off topic by now, technically speaking
edit on 29-9-2019 by Malisa because: (no reason given)

(post by Hunkadinka removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 01:04 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join