It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunkers: You've lost credibility and will continue to lose

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Some debunkers are a product of the national security system and policy. Either intentionally or unintentionally they look for something to raise doubt and side line the topic. In trying to understand what is behind some of the UFO's and other conspiracies they do not even leave the starting gate.

Freedom of speech is a good thing and if some people do not want to consider a bigger picture to things that is fine. If some people do want look further and understand the web of life more deeply that is fine too.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Visiting ESB

Why would an alien ship need lights on the outside of it?

Humans put lights on their craft specifically so that those craft can be seen.

If the aliens want to be seen why do they not land?

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Well, you are not entirely correct. I've never seen any UAP with lights on the outside of it, the whole thing is lit such as white "orbs". We've seen fully lit objects, we've seen objects that flash and some that flash unbelievably and "blink" out. So I do agree with you as to the mystery of the need for illumination. It's just another mystery.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Once we can see the static display of an ET craft at the Smithsonian and the preserved remains of ET or live ET, even better, then debunkers will line up and gobble all the crow that can be served up.

Until then; vaporware.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Maybe they just like the attention, who knows?

Better ask them lol, asking a human why aliens would do this or that doesn't really get you anywhere

Maybe they just want people to see them, but they are not willing to talk to anyone or care to talk, they just want to be 'seen' for whatever reason we don't know

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Hunkadinka

My opinion after 10+ years of looking into the ufo issue is that they are all human made military craft.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Malisa

Maybe they just want people to see them, but they are not willing to talk to anyone or care to talk, they just want to be 'seen' for whatever reason we don't know

Honestly that's a good answer.

Your right. How could any human ever understand the motives of an alien?

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Debunkers provide the line in the sand that the truth gets to jump over.
Debunking is a healthy endeavor.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

Debunkers provide the line in the sand that the truth gets to jump over.
Debunking is a healthy endeavor.

Debunkers sometimes put the line in whatever place they need it to be, it's not like they are perfect beings

I have read tons of posts here on this site where 'debunkers' just jump to the default conclusion that they are right based on something someone else said before, without even understanding the facts or why or how, and get so dense they end up being ridiculously ignorant in the end

I would not put my trust in 'debunkers' so much, it's not like someone went to debunk university and got a degree or something. Or have to be professional or legally honest about it

edit on 25-9-2019 by Malisa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 11:44 PM
link   

I would not put my trust in 'debunkers' so much, it's not like someone went to debunk university and got a degree or something. Or have to be professional or legally honest about it

The same goes for both sides, however the "valid" debunking demarcation is usually well known by those in the discussions, and must be satisfied with information that eliminates it's credibility. It is the only way forward.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

The same goes for both sides, however the "valid" debunking demarcation is usually well known by those in the discussions, and must be satisfied with information that eliminates it's credibility. It is the only way forward.

However that's now how it works most of the time.

Most debunkers, not just on this UFO stuff, would just reference things someone else said, the reality and what is considered proof in these fields are basically just "someone said it enough times that people believe it and so it is considered solved and fact or absolute truth"

Lots of stuff that 'debunkers' debunked in the past turned out not to be in the end, like being able to fly, going to space and like a gazillion more

Even people saying in recent decades that there could be no water outside the earth and people happily debunking away everyone that questioned if there could be water on other planets. And it turns out there is, what happened to all those debunkers that has the absolute truth that there was no way water could exist outside planet earth?

It can go both ways but usually one way questions and the other puts a firm hand on the desk and tells them off, with no resource and because they said so, bases on absolute truths that may not be absolute tomorrow

The way i see it, someone who claims to go by scientific findings to debunk someone else and talks in absolute terms based on just current knowledge, is not very different than someone who claims the earth is flat and talks in absolute terms based on previous knowledge. They both base their 'facts' in things they don't understand that someone else came up with

Some people think science is absolute facts, not just theories that may change over time. Some people use science in the wrong way and they know it and abuse it, to 'generate their own facts'

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 12:15 AM
link   

However that's now how it works most of the time.

What you say is certainly true, but those who are truly involved and know the past history as well as they can, can weed through the chaff and concentrate on the kernel issues.

Our mods do a very effective job of dealing with the idiots that resort to offensive tactics.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Even people saying in recent decades that there could be no water outside the earth

Got any examples of people saying that? In recent decades?
edit on 9/26/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Even people saying in recent decades that there could be no water outside the earth

Got any examples of people saying that? In recent decades?

I have not seen that recently but i remember reading about it before. And we still see people claiming the earth is flat so it applies in general

But it used to happen and the way it works has not changed over time

I mean we have people today that use science (to build a rocket) just so they can disprove science (to prove the earth is flat)

LMFAO!

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 12:41 AM
link   

I have not seen that recently but i remember reading about it before.

But you said, "in recent decades." Which is weird because in recent decades people have been talking about water on planets like Mars and moons like Europa.

I mean we have people today that use science (to build a rocket) just so they can disprove science (to prove the earth is flat)
That doesn't seem to be working out so well for them.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 12:50 AM
link   

I have not seen that recently but i remember reading about it before. And we still see people claiming the earth is flat so it applies in general

But it used to happen and the way it works has not changed over time

LMFAO!

But you said, "in recent decades." Which is weird because in recent decades people have been talking about water on planets like Mars and moons like Europa.

I said what i said, you think every single person on this planet has been talking about water on planets like Mars and moons like Europa? Dude i talk to people outside the internet and i also have seen on Facebook and other places people talking about it because they still have to catch up with the current knowledge

Why would this be something you have to wonder about? It's obvious that not everyone on the planet is on the same knowledge cycle, some are behind or old enough that they don't even care to question 'what they know as facts' and that's basically taking us back to what i said at first

That doesn't seem to be working out so well for them.

As i was saying....
edit on 26-9-2019 by Malisa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Dude i talk to people outside the internet and i also have seen on Facebook and other places people talking about it because they still have to catch up with the current knowledge
Yeah. Ignorance is curable.
But that applies to "believers" as well as "debunkers." So...

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Dude i talk to people outside the internet and i also have seen on Facebook and other places people talking about it because they still have to catch up with the current knowledge
Yeah. Ignorance is curable.
But that applies to "believers" as well as "debunkers." So...

да,

But i was basically saying that in the first place, so i think we just spent some time going around in circles just to get to the same conclusion.. or something i had already pointed out : P

I mean i know your job is to debunk things but you don't have to feel attacked by what i said

People can either debunk with the understanding that they don't have absolute truths and are just working with what other people proposed, or they can debunk thinking they have absolute truths based on things someone else said, without any need to actually understanding the facts of that knowledge they can't understand but believe because someone smarter figured it out

Since this thread is about debunkers, i'm focusing on what i feel they think when they attempt to debunk something/someone

It applies to both, but the context of this thread was debunkers who are bad at it because they may even debunk themselves later on, once the current knowledge says otherwise

That's all (and that's a fact) : P

LOL!

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 01:15 AM
link   

I mean i know your job is to debunk things

Sure it is. Read my sig.

Do you like bunk?

edit on 9/26/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 01:25 AM
link   

I mean i know your job is to debunk things

Sure it is. Read my sig.

Do you like bunk?

Well that's a dummy question LMFAO!

10:

I like to be clear of mind, not just go crazy on something because i can't figure out otherwise

That fixed mindset is exactly what i refuse, imagine if everyone had been set so strong on flat earth or things can't fly and all the other zillion things that were considered dumb and fake throughout history?

And yet here we are still repeating that same mistake over and over..

I will never assume anything either way, because assumptions, as history keeps showing us all, are still the mother of all f*k ups

Better to look it up and figure out one way or another, but no assumptions ever! No matter what the smart guy said, maybe he just said it out of his a*ss because he could not care less and there you go believing it all the way and making the big mistake

Who knows, right? that's why we have to look into it

Get an actual answer, don't dismiss things because you think you know better, based on the knowledge of someone else who

GOTO 10;

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join