It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transcript released - WH - No quid pro quo

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
Trump thinks he's slick. He reminded the guy 3 times in one paragraph about how much the US does for them, you know... wink wink. But because he didn't come right out and say "do this or we'll stop being good to you", he gets a pass. You guys think he wears a freaking halo and that scares me.

I hate to pop your cherry, but that's the way "diplomacy" has been done for 1000 yrs, if not longer.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Personally I don't see that too much differently as when Obama pledged to Dmitri Medvedev he would have more flexibility with Russia once the election was over.

I'm not seeing it. Where is the implied quid pro quo?

edit on 25-9-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Personally I don't see that too much differently as when Obama pledged to Dmitri Medvedev he would have more flexibility with Russia once the election was over.

I'm not seeing it.

I'll try another.

What about in 2016 when some people paid foreign entities for dirt on Trump, which lead to a domestic investigation?

Wouldn't this be the same thing without the money?

Where is the implied quid pro quo?

That was my point, it was a stretch to imply quid pro quo in that instance. I could make the argument for it, but couldn't prove it, merely stating it was implied. In this instance, people are doing the same thing.
edit on 25-9-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightFlight
a reply to: Gorgonite

Nope, you are wrong. President Trump is not only the Commander In Chief of our military, he is also the chief law enforcement officer, too, A law was broken by Biden and the initial investigation was quashed by Obama. He asked the President of the Ukraine to reopen the investigation to see if there was any real wrong doing. It is what presidents do.

You are trying your best to confirm a bias.

Last time I checked the president of the United States doesn’t control the Ukrainian court system. If he was so concerned with investigating Biden, why didn’t he ask the FBI to investigate him? You know, the branch of law enforcement he actually controls.

Instead he asked Ukraine to work with his personal attorney who does not hold any position in the government. He is asking for Ukraine to investigate Biden and work with his personal attorney. That is against the law.

You have been manipulated. Trump and his cronies have played with your brain. Why aren’t you angry? Where is your self respect?

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

This is quid pro quo.
He blatantly admits to it.
Quid Pro Quo Admission

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

Trump thinks he's slick. He reminded the guy 3 times in one paragraph about how much the US does for them, you know... wink wink. But because he didn't come right out and say "do this or we'll stop being good to you", he gets a pass. You guys think he wears a freaking halo and that scares me.

I hate to pop your cherry, but that's the way "diplomacy" has been done for 1000 yrs, if not longer.

So you admit that Trump was putting the squeeze on him, but chose his words carefully to skirt the law?

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   

He's not asking Ukraine anything, he's letting them know they're no longer being screwed over by our government hindering their issues with Biden, and is offering our support.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o

This is quid pro quo.
Quid Pro Quo Admission

yep
nothing like bragging about committing a crime

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

This is quid pro quo.
Quid Pro Quo Admission

Shhh this isn't about Biden or Obama remember? Stick to the story.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

Last time I checked diplomacy has never involved using the office of the presidency to coerce a foreign government to investigate a political rival and hand that info over to his personal attorney. Obtaining anything of value from a foreign government for the purposes of a campaign is illegal.

Why are you defending someone who is attempting to put themselves above the law? Why are you defending a president who has lied about this incident multiple times over the last few days? What do you trust a president who lies on a daily basis? On what foundation have you built your trust for this president?

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   

What about in 2016 when some people paid foreign entities for dirt on Trump, which lead to a domestic investigation?

Those were people and PACs, not the President of the Unites using the authority of his position and leveraging military aide in exchange for opposition research.

edit on 25-9-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

This is quid pro quo.
Quid Pro Quo Admission

Have you ever considered that both Biden and Trump engaged in illegal activity? It’s not an either or.

However, Biden has been investigated and cleared in the past, Trump has not.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Fortunately that didn't happen. No coercion necessary. Just offering to not get in the way of their investigations, and offer support. Very diplomatic of him considering it was our diplomat that caused issues in their country. Actually he didn't even offer support, they asked for it, and he agreed to help.
edit on 9/25/2019 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gorgonite

originally posted by: JDmOKI

This is quid pro quo.
Quid Pro Quo Admission

Have you ever considered that both Biden and Trump engaged in illegal activity? It’s not an either or.

However, Biden has been investigated and cleared in the past, Trump has not.

What about Obama? I know the Golden Child could do no wrong but.... He probably knew about it.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Those we people and PACs, not the President of the Unites using the authority of his position and leveraging military aide in exchange for opposition research.

I didn't see anything that looked like Trump said the aid would be off the table if the Ukrainian president didn't help.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   

a reply to: Arnie123

BTW, this is BREAKING, but DOJ declined to open criminal probe into Ukranian call.

Of course they did! LOL

AG Barr is incriminated in this! Barr is going down!

Yup, Sure, you gottem this time, surely, right? Guys? Hello???

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Did you watch the video?
He literally admits it.
Damn what an investigation shows.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

He's not asking Ukraine anything, he's letting them know they're no longer being screwed over by our government hindering their issues with Biden, and is offering our support.

Either you didn’t read the transcript or you are actively ignoring the parts you don’t agree with.

Trump clearly directs the Ukrainian President to work with his personal attorney to investigate Biden. If you remember this is exactly what Mueller was looking for with Russia. Evidence that he worked with Russia to get dirt on Hillary. Now we have a transcript showing that behavior with Ukraine.

That is illegal behavior.

At some point you are going to realize you have been fooled. The Trump admin has feed you so many lies that you can’t differentiate lies from the truth anymore. You have been played, manipulated and used, why aren’t you angry?

Bottom line is Trump doesn’t care about you or anyone, he will throw anyone under the bus to keep himself safe. Watch over the next few days I guarantee you Trump will begin throwing people under the bus. If he could throw you under to save his hide, he would.

link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Those we people and PACs, not the President of the Unites using the authority of his position and leveraging military aide in exchange for opposition research.

I didn't see anything that looked like Trump said the aid would be off the table if the Ukrainian president didn't help.

they didn't think that far ahead
come on man they cant tie up all the loose ends......

link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Arnie123

To be fair, it wouldn't be up to the DOJ to launch an investigation against Trump. The only person they could potentially be charging in this case would be the whistleblower.
...and for good measure, a willing sacrifice for the Dems, politics is shady AF

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join