It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transcript released - WH - No quid pro quo

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: contextual
trump supporters yesterday: Biden is toast.
trump supporters last night: Pelosi is toast.
trump supporters today: erm fox news says it doesn't mention quid pro quo.
trump supporters tonight: ...

For real people, barr is as equally screwed as trump and giuliani, only the best people etc, etc.
Leftist at first: Trump won't win.
Leftist during: War and Recession!

Leftist afterwards: Mueller time!

Leftist now: Everybody is in trouble! Impeachment!

Real talk, you got nothing, have lost, been losing , still losing, so, kneel for that L bro.

edit on 25-9-2019 by Arnie123 because: Truth

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: Gorgonite

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: Gorgonite
This is just a piece of the puzzle and it’s damning. Trump clearly asks a foreign leader to investigate his political rival and work with his personal lawyer. This is collusion people. Remember that whole thing that was investigated by Mueller? Yeah, this is that.

The Trump admins only chance at getting out of this is attempting to normalize this behavior. Based off some responses in this thread he very well may be successful.

I don’t understand why you people aren’t pissed? The Trump admin thinks you people are so stupid you will buy anything they say. They are telling you this behavior is ok and you are eating it up. Do you have any self decency left at all? Trump has played you like a fiddle.
New user, new acct and like the rest, you come in here and criticize us for supporting out POTUS and dishing out FACTS compared to the fake news you consume daily.

Sit this one out.

Respectfully, everyone here is expressing their opinions. If you don’t like my opinions, that’s fine, just don’t read my stuff. But unless there is some rule in the terms and conditions I am not aware of, I am allowed to speak my mind just like the rest of you are.

I do think it is telling that you even responded in this way.
I'm glad you understand that it's just an opinion, but the fact is, there isn't anything in the transcript, as opined by liberal media and if that's the case, then the whistleblower in question is dubious at best.

Considering that the complaint will be made public as well, you and the dems got nothing.

So, respectfully, fact check first before commenting.

The transcript is damning my friend even if the people you get your opinions from tell you differently.

Trump asked the Ukrainian President to work with his personal attorney to investigate Biden. Trump is asking a foreign government to help him in his personal campaign. That is illegal. Don’t take it from me, take it from Senator Lindsey Graham:

Soon after Donald Trump sparked his latest all-consuming controversy, Lindsey Graham spoke to the president and urged him to rethink his willingness to use foreign opposition research against his political opponents..

“The law is pretty clear. You can’t take anything of value from a foreign government,” Graham said he told Trump. “He says, ‘I didn’t say I did.’ I said: ‘Sitting down and talking to somebody’s not a crime, but it’s probably not a good idea. … I don’t agree with you.’”

www.politico.com...

He also doesn’t direct the Ukrainians to work through official channels, he directs them to work through his personal attorney

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Gorgonite

Nope, you are wrong. President Trump is not only the Commander In Chief of our military, he is also the chief law enforcement officer, too, A law was broken by Biden and the initial investigation was quashed by Obama. He asked the President of the Ukraine to reopen the investigation to see if there was any real wrong doing. It is what presidents do.

edit on 9/25/2019 by NightFlight because: occifer?

link   
I keep reading “it’s not a transcript” in Arnold Schwarzenegger’s kindergarten cop voice.

link   
Ahhh how I love the smell of Media Matters angst in the morning! P. Trump got you working overtime every single day and looking like the stooges you are.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Trump is asking a foreign government to help him in his personal campaign. That is illegal.

that is a straight up lie
enough is enough
first of all he would have to accept "something of value"
the fec would be the ones to determine such IF SOMETHING WERE ACCEPTED
nothing has been
you are simply lying

link   
a reply to: errck

Minor detail.

edit on 25-9-2019 by gortex because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

What I'm waiting for, is having CNN and MSNBC state that we aren't smart enough to see the obvious impeachable offences and that we should trust them to tell us what is in the transcripts.

Wait no more.

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump repeatedly pushed for Ukrainian President Volodymr Zelensky to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden, and his son, Hunter, during a July 25 phone call, according to a transcript of the conversation released by the White House.
CNN

But people are going to tow the line "Trump want's political favors from an ally". Is that a one way road? Because if I remember correctly, Obama meddled in a few foreign elections assisting like minded politicians abroad. So is it only bad to ask for help, or is giving it bad too?

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Nope, you're wrong, very wrong.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Those were Russian stocks being stored in the Ukraine, and the Ukraine gained sovereignty from the Soviet Union in the 1990s. They're not "still" in conflict with Russia, Russia invaded them and they're trying to hold onto their sovereignty, with our help.

I was referring to still in conflict as post Crimea or 2015.

But that's neither here nor there. We're obligated to help protect Ukraine, so them buying some Javelins seems to be pretty standard. Considering we have a Army, Navy, Marines, and Airforce presence in Ukraine.... Javelins just don't seem damning to me.

It's not the Ukraine President's request to buy more Javelins that raises eyebrows, it's the personal "favor" that Trumps needs "though"...

edit on 25-9-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: errck There are multiple individuals listening and typing up the conversations had, they will then compare the transcripts for errors and other things this is the closest thing you can get. unless you actually recorded the call. If the calls are actually recorded then you can kiss any type of diplomacy good-by no other leader will want to talk to the US. It may be getting to that point already as not all leaders want to be dragged into the mess the Democrats are making.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   

BTW, this is BREAKING, but DOJ declined to open criminal probe into Ukranian call.

Again, you people reek of desperation.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Trump thinks he's slick. He reminded the guy 3 times in one paragraph about how much the US does for them, you know... wink wink. But because he didn't come right out and say "do this or we'll stop being good to you", he gets a pass. You guys think he wears a freaking halo and that scares me.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stealu1two
a reply to: errck There are multiple individuals listening and typing up the conversations had, they will then compare the transcripts for errors and other things this is the closest thing you can get. unless you actually recorded the call. If the calls are actually recorded then you can kiss any type of diplomacy good-by no other leader will want to talk to the US. It may be getting to that point already as not all leaders want to be dragged into the mess the Democrats are making.

I am aware of the process that these calls are monitored.
But this isn't a transcript.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Those were Russian stocks being stored in the Ukraine, and the Ukraine gained sovereignty from the Soviet Union in the 1990s. They're not "still" in conflict with Russia, Russia invaded them and they're trying to hold onto their sovereignty, with our help.

I was referring to still in conflict as post Crimea or 2015.

But that's neither here nor there. We're obligated to help protect Ukraine, so them buying some Javelins seems to be pretty standard. Considering we have a Army, Navy, Marines, and Airforce presence in Ukraine.... Javelins just don't seem damning to me.

It's not the Ukraine President's request to buy more Javelins that raises eyebrows, it's the personal "favor" that Trumps needs "though"...

Personally I don't see that too much differently as when Obama pledged to Dmitri Medvedev he would have more flexibility with Russia once the election was over. AKA, play along and when I get re-elected, I'll scratch your back.

Is there ethical questions to be asked here with Trump? Sure. Is this unprecedented, illegal, or impeachable (IMO), no.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

BTW, this is BREAKING, but DOJ declined to open criminal probe into Ukranian call.

Of course they did! LOL

AG Barr is incriminated in this! Barr is going down!

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: errck

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Is a memorandum of the call the same as a "complete, fully declassified and unredacted transcript" ?

Good luck explaining this.

"Memorandum of Telephone Conversation"

In other words... NOT a transcript.

Did you check who compiled the 'NOT a transcript'?

Because you could be blamed for badmouthing a certain group of government workers.
Trump can't say anything bad about the FBI though, right?

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Whatever it takes to drain the swamp, barring straight up criminality.

Seems like investigating Alzheimer Joe, and his boy is a step in tge right direction.

Is there anyone here that beleives Joe didn't use his office, and a threat to withhold money, to stip the investigation into the company, on who's board his son sat?

Pretty swampy, if you ask me.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

To be fair, it wouldn't be up to the DOJ to launch an investigation against Trump. The only person they could potentially be charging in this case would be the whistleblower.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Let's say, hypothetically, that one of Trumps opponents committed mass murder, but the only one who knew about it and had the evidence for it went to Trump and asked what they should do, and Trump told them to come forward with the information. Does the fact that doing so would hurt Trump's mass murdering opponent in the upcoming election by putting them in prison, mean that Trump as President is committing a crime by making such advice?

The way I see it is, as the enforcer of our laws, political opponent or not, if there's good reason to believe, including evidence implying such, that someone has broken the law it is Trump's responsibility to pursue it, not ignore it simply because it's a political opponent. I mean really, following all your logic, someone could rape his wife in front of him, and since they're a political opponent it's his responsibility to just twiddle his thumbs.

Being a political opponent to the president does not make one immune to the presidents responsibility to pursue justice when it comes crimes committed by said opponent. Especially when such a crime is one of diplomatic proportions. You all seem to forget it was Biden leaning on Ukrainian based companies for his son. This is a diplomatic crime against Ukraine, which concerns, Ukraine. Trump is working with Ukraine our ally diplomatically to fix this wrong. Which is his job, as it was one of our diplomats that caused issues in our allies country. Would you prefer Trump not do his job, simply because Biden is a political opponent?

Trump doesn't need to lean on them. They don't like Biden, why should they? Is not like Ukraine is Biden's buddy and wants to protect him. They're probably glad to have someone on their side in this matter. Trump doesn't need to lean on them, just tell them, we won't get in the way, unlike previous administrations, if you pursue this, and will in fact support your investigation to help you get to the bottom of it. Biden wronged UKRAINE.
edit on 9/25/2019 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join