It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

500 Prominent Scientists warn U.N.---There is NO Climate Emergency

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: sapien82
also 500 scientists out of a total population of about 7.8 million scientists globally isn't even 1% of the scientific community
its 0.006%

It beats the 90 odd scientists that who were used to suggest that there was a worldwide scienific consensus.

Were those 90 odd scientists deemed the best and most reliable?

By who?

By climate scientists, who else knows better?

Which ones?

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   

also 500 scientists out of a total population of about 7.8 million scientists globally isn't even 1% of the scientific community
its 0.006%

It beats the 90 odd scientists that who were used to suggest that there was a worldwide scienific consensus.

By who?

Which ones?

Are you in the mood for a long read?

en.wikipedia.org...

More than 100 authors from 36 countries assessed the latest scientific literature related to the ocean and cryosphere in a changing climate for the report, referencing about 7,000 scientific publications.

www.ipcc.ch...

www.ipcc.ch...
edit on 19CDT09America/Chicago03190930 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Facts I know:

1. The Yucatan peninsula, Madrid Spain, and South Carolina have extreme road side garbage, and dumping. It's really awful when you can see it from an airplane window over Madrid, or a bus window in Mexico. Stick recycle stickers on signs out in public to encourage a subliminal public message.
2. The lakes around Tazewell, TN are 9 feet lower than normal right now. It looks like the problem California was having. I saw all this last week.
3. The hurricanes #5 have happened five times in the last five years.
4. It is 96 degrees F in South Carolina today 9/26/2019.
5. During the recession when people didn't spend much or go places, the Earth was cooler.
6. We could dim down and/ or shut off public lights from 10 pm until 6 am. at hotels, malls, office buildings, etc...
7. The French are very innovative and eco conscious. And the dont rely on the Chinese for anything. They make their own quality long lasting products. You do not see roadside dumping in their country from an airplane window.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

As a mad scientist, climate change is happening, and I blame the cloud dragons (I did mention I was a mad scientist.)

Where I come from the weather is all over the place, but it's becoming more severe, hell a tornado nearly formed a few blocks away, in my town a dog teaching people to shake hands is more likely.

Forget the climate science, ask the farmers, they work the same fields for decades, if they say it's getting worse, it's getting worse.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Here is my problem, I agree I think Global Warming is largely a non issue. However, I am not confident enough to "risk" being wrong. What if it is this big of a deal?

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

A group of 500 prominent scientists and professionals, led by the CLINTEL co-founder Guus Berkhout

So... this letter is from the Shell employee who stated that CO2 isn't a greenhouse gas. How many of that 500 are scientists and how many are professionals and what are professional of? Lawyers? Is Guus Berkhout a scientist? I thought he was an engineer so technically speaking I guess he is. It just makes me wonder if anyone on that list can be considered even remotely in the field of climate science.

Exactly!

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   
People who live in nature are noticing what is happening faster than city people. Unless you think about the 15,000 to 19,000 French people who died in Paris in 2003 from having no air conditioning. Their metal rooves heated up baking the people. This summer 1500 people died in France in July's heat wave. I was over in Provence at the time. It was hotter than South Carolina. The only places that have air conditioning over there in France are the major grocery stores and some hotels. The farm house we stayed in was so incredibly hot and they didn't have screens in the windows. I can see why the French are into nudity. My feet swelled up from the heat, I was making ice cubes so I could soak my feet in a baking pan at night. On the last night we ditched the farm house and went to a hotel with air conditioning. All the rivers and streams we saw in the area were bone dry.
edit on 26-9-2019 by frugal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: frugal

But, but, shills for the oil and gas, and other toxic industry say it's normal.

Why would they lie!!

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   

please provide proof of the 15,000 - 19000 people who died in the summer in France in 2003

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

never mind - I looked it up myself. The problem was not the heat but the lack of ability to adapt. How many lives would have been saved if they had set up cooling centres and had widespread air conditioning. Image if hotels had opened their doors to old people and children.

Anyway while we on the topic. Can anyone tell me what the optimum temperature for the earth is?

We have been warmer like during the Medieval Warming period, which was considered a time of enlightment and we have been colder, the little Ice Age, which was a hardship.

Right now, global temperature has raised by 0.8 degrees and people are panicking in the streets. The earth kinda likes it. It has greened by 14 %

www.nasa.gov...

So someone please tell me....what is the optimum global temperature

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I don't know why young people cant look up information on yahoo or google... it's all out there. Dont manipulate, use your own efforts. The 2003 European heatwave caused 35,000 deaths newscientist.com

10 October 2003
By Shaoni Bhattacharya
At least 35,000 people died as a result of the record heatwave that scorched Europe in August 2003, says an environmental think tank.
The Earth Policy Institute (EPI), based in Washington DC, warns that such deaths are likely to increase, as “even more extreme weather events lie ahead”.
The EPI calculated the huge death toll from the eight western European countries with data available. “Since reports are not yet available for all European countries, the total heat death toll for the continent is likely to be substantially larger,” it says in a statement.
France suffered the worst losses, with 14,802 people dying from causes attributable to the blistering heat. This is “more than 19 times the death toll from the SARS epidemic worldwide”, notes the EPI.

Silent killer
August 2003 was the hottest August on record in the northern hemisphere. But projections by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change predict more erratic weather, the EPI notes. By the end of this century, the average world temperature is projected to climb by 1.4 to 5.8°C.
“Though heat waves rarely are given adequate attention, they claim more lives each year than floods, tornadoes, and hurricanes combined,” warns the EPI. “Heat waves are a silent killer, mostly affecting the elderly, the very young, or the chronically ill.”
The searing August heat claimed about 7000 lives in Germany, nearly 4200 lives in both Spain and Italy. Over 2000 people died in the UK, with the country recording is first ever temperature over 100° Fahrenheit on 10th August.

Read more: www.newscientist.com...
edit on 26-9-2019 by frugal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I am almost 64 years old, and I did tell you to never mind in a post right above yours.

so do you know what the earth's optimum temperature is?

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks
so do you know what the earth's optimum temperature is?

Well it;s your lucky day !
Can help you with that request.

Raise from your chair, and head towards the closest door, that leads to a place called 'outside'.
Proceed to open the door, and go outside.
Don't just wait there on the porch, no: go-on now, go all the way out into the outside.
Walk around a bit.

The air that you feel brushing by your face.
The temperature that it is, is the ideal temperature, for where you are, and for that particular moment.

Voilà !

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

LOL - I completely agree! There is no further questions

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Am hoping nobody challenges me on that.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   
14 corporate science shills, 26 "economists" and 460 garage door installers all agree, "If you don't stop talking about this, there's a good chance my house won't be worth 1.9 times what I paid for it when I retire. Save us from the children!"

Not that the left-wingnuts and their "solutions" make much more sense, to be honest. Why do we need a massive unaccountable slush fund to fix this? Hire Musk and Space-X to put up a big curtain while we figure this whole 'food/air' thing out.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   

its 0.006%

By who?

Which ones?

en.wikipedia.org...

More than 100 authors from 36 countries assessed the latest scientific literature related to the ocean and cryosphere in a changing climate for the report, referencing about 7,000 scientific publications.

www.ipcc.ch...

www.ipcc.ch...

So 100 authors decided for the entire scientific community.
That's less than the 500 who have a different opinion.
Not much of a consensus.

Trust me on this - we're not going to be extinct in 12 years. Really.
Here's the back story..

First global cooling - we're all going to freeze to death.
Erm no, global warming, we're all going to be boiled and die.
Erm, sh*t, we don't really know.
Hey, climate change!
We're all going to die soon unless you pay us some money, lots of money and do as we say.

That about sums it up.

Reality - if mother earth decides we're f*****, then we're f****** and there is not a damn thing we can do about it.
The people pulling your strings already know this, but you have some dollars they want.
edit on 26/9/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Leftist will call these scientists science denier's. As seen on page one of this thread.

But will believe a child(Greta), a "scientist" with a bachelor's in mechanical engineering(Bill Nye), and a horse that can talk(AOC). Riiiight....

I found this article interesting.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   

its 0.006%

By who?

Which ones?

en.wikipedia.org...

www.ipcc.ch...

www.ipcc.ch...

So 100 authors decided for the entire scientific community.
That's less than the 500 who have a different opinion.
Not much of a consensus.

Trust me on this - we're not going to be extinct in 12 years. Really.
Here's the back story..

First global cooling - we're all going to freeze to death.
Erm no, global warming, we're all going to be boiled and die.
Erm, sh*t, we don't really know.
Hey, climate change!
We're all going to die soon unless you pay us some money, lots of money and do as we say.

That about sums it up.

Reality - if mother earth decides we're f*****, then we're f****** and there is not a damn thing we can do about it.
The people pulling your strings already know this, but you have some dollars they want.

That would be 100 authors assessing 7,000 scientific papers. How did you miss that?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join