It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is there so much hate against (red) meat?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Just saw some NBA basketballer talking about his non-meat diet and Arnold Schwarzenegger talking about his switch to a veganism plant-based diet. The anti-meat brigade appears to be out in full force this year.

Seriously? What the actual hell?

Is there an actual conspiracy linking to this anti-meat stance and the raising of veganism's profile in the media?

I think there is something amiss here. Why so much anti-meat hate?

(P.S. I'll still keep eating (red) meat thank you very much. None of these shills can influence my mature and advanced mind. Not all of us are gullible or impressionable or easily swayed.)
edit on 18-9-2019 by TheRepublicOfCanada because: P.S.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRepublicOfCanada

One thing many of them believe is that vegetable based diets are better for the environment.
A big lie of course... most of their fresh vegetables must be imported on gas guzzling trucks and boats. Much dirtier than grazing cattle.

If I understand correctly they also need to take supplements for the nutrients they are not getting from vegetables.
There is a reason mother nature designed our teeth the way that they are.

Political pandering......

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Beef production in particular is solely responsible for deforestation in the amazon, if they are not growing the beef on pasture land they grow ag. crops as feed.

it also uses a LOT of fresh water. it uses a LOT of land that could be used for growing crops for humans. the cattle are fed a solely corn diet (that and antibiotics)

the pollution (fecal) runoff pollutes groundwater and surface water.

this isnt to say it cant be done properly on a small scale, but its borderline impossible to do on an industrial scale.

besides the fact that they are conscious living beings that are killed on an industrial level.

your allowed to eat whatever you want, me personally im vegetarian, but not one of THOSE vegetarians lol, more steak for you right lol... but don't pretend like its not THE MOST agriculturally intense farming practices there is. its just a simple fact that too many people want burgers.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I don't know, because some of those Russian internet brides for sale are not bad looking.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Factual answer there isn't.
There are more high profile vegetarians nowadays and with the interwebz its easier to hear them.
Throw in (far) right-wingers holding out their begging bowl wanting hits to their youtube and whatever, feigning disgust people eat differently to them and you have a perfect circle.

Just because people are different it doesn't mean it's an assault on your way of life.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Ummm...cause they're racist...

Notice they dont talk the same smack about...white...meat...

YouSir

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Meat makes people strong and smart, governments want people to be weak and dumb.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   

People are racists. Nobody complains about white meat!

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
If possible, shop local organic farms. The cows are strictly pasture raised and they rotate them with crops to keep it sustainable.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Red meat?

Damn Commies.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22
There is a war against farmers and ranchers under the guise of environmentalism. They want us to return half the earth to nature and feed ourselves lab created frakenfood. Notice the big push for beyond burgers ect.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Low testosterone agenda.

If they force me to go vegan I'll start taking steroids.

Lol they will never stop me and my toxic masculinity. Got to be 2 steps ahead. Got my gear waiting at home in the fridge. Next to my steak.

One day my steak won't be there. I'll be hulk 6 weeks later. Well the transformation will start in 6 weeks. Only 16 weeks later will my final form be achieved.

They won't be able to take anything else from me ever again. Not after that.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Think of it this way : who has the most to lose and has the most influence? The meat & dairy industry or the (very small in comparisan) vegan / vegetarian companies?

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: fernalley

Nonsense. The cattle industry is a giant compared to the trending beyond burgers. They evdn get help from the feds to shoot wild horses that use graising land.

Not to mention, cattle uses much more water and resources.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

All that cattle eating all that corn and grain... we should be thanked for eating the beasts who are eating the vegans food!

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Analbumcover

I doubt that. Maybe if you're just eating soy burgers and no veggies all day. However, the same could be said about meat and dairy products that inject animals with tons of hormones.

Broccoli and cauliflower are two estrogen inhibitors that counter-act the estrogen from saw. Eating a wwell-balanced vegan diet will not lower testosterone for most men if done right.

Same goes for meat and dairy. If you're buying your meat and dairy from a (Hopefully ethically raised) farm that feeds them tge best diet and doesn't add hormones, pesticides, ect.. then your testosterone should be okay too.

This whole vegan NWO is nonsense started by a few on the alt-right who seem vvery relectant to never criticize the massive meat and dairy industries who have minipulated the government and studies time and time again.

Even if yhe new trend in veganism rose from 2-5% of the population to 10%, there would still be 90% of the population who consume meat anf dairy.

Like ive been saying a million times on ATS the past few days, the meat and dairy industry are putting out propaganda and anti - vegan stuff to cull the new vegan/vegetarian trwnd.

It's all about money. $$$$$

Sad that so many on ATS are falling for big industry tricks.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: smkymcnugget420

The same arguments can be made against vegetable crops. The pesticides and other chemicals used in the crops also runoff into the water supply. The deforestation of the Amazon is more a result of illegal logging of the forest than cattle production or feed production, I am sure it also plays a role however but not the sole reasons.

Rice production which in many cases utilize enormous amounts of the fresh water supply and requires enormous plots of land to grow, this use of water to flood fields is not neccessary but is a common method to control weeds and pest. It is a labor intensive crop which means many in less economically successful areas are taken advantage of for cheap labor. After harvesting, the remaining crop waste is burned resulting in a large carbon footprint after the transportation and refinery of the crops are tallied.

There are no simple answers at this time. Perhaps technology one day will allow us to Star trek our foods and our reliance on traditional methods will fade with time but neither industry is better or worse, both have equal issues. Same with electric cars, electricity is largely produced with fossil fuels and really offer no alternative to combustion style vehicles, and in the long term could be worse for the environment after the mining of materials for the batteries, refining those products, transporting them and eventually the disposal issue of those hazardous waste associated with old batteries and the tailings from the mining the materials used in their production.

It takes a balance and with improved technology perhaps we will be able to abandon some of our practices, meat grown in labs, better farming techniques utilizing nutrient based growing instead of land based crops, but to single one over the other is bad science when each share the same problems and each offer our diets needed and necessary nutritional value. As for individual needs and desires, to each their own but I do believe some are suited to veganism better than others and meaters in some cases need the nutritional value offered, it boils down to the individual Gene's we each are made up of.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: contextual

It's ridiculous. It's somehow a nwo agenda or leftist conspiracy that some more people are considering vegan/vegetarian when at least 90% of the population still eat meat/dairy on a daily basis (and even 3 times a day).

Look at the momey and we see who has the most interest in condemning this new trend.

Just get some of the conspiracy websites, like infowars, to push this crap. They get views and sell alex jones' miracle bone broth products!

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Veganism is as much a financial force as the meat and dairy lobby. I am certain that they are as interested in pursuing the almighty dollar as the traditional industry. And since vegan and "organic" products are usually more expensive than traditional products, the financial incentives to participate in the same manure propaganda spreading is even more attractive to the vegan side.

I would postulate that with the recent popularity explosion of all things organic and vegan, that the same players in the traditional industry are also involved in producing the new found commercial products like recently released by the national burger joints. Big money attracts the big players, and to my knowledge their is very little oversight as to the labeling of products as organic and the same as to the vegan products production which more than likely is produced or at least packaged in the same facilities that produce traditional products.

The meat and dairy lobbyists are indeed powerful, just ask Oprah, but largely they are the same groups providing the products needed for vegan products. There are still family farms but they sell to recieve the highest price for their products and have little to do with further processing after sold. Family farms are also largely corporate farms in disguise since many contract with Dow and other biggies only managing the day to day, out of control in many cases as in deciding crops, chemicals, and even if they plant or not

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Meh, less rats, more cheese I say... or will say when I've finished chewing and swallowing this mouthfull of caribou jerky.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join