It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you’re not watching the judicial impeachment hearing. Turn it on now!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61
Sadly, it won't make a dent in any liberals thinking. They're too far gone.

I doubt you'll like this, but in my opinion it's not a "liberal" or "conservative" issue, and anyone who is willing to cling to the "liberal/conservative" false dichotomy does so in abject betrayal of their own intellectual integrity.

Propping up straw men such as "liberals" and "conservatives" as sources of evil is at best an exercise in mass delusion orchestrated by manipulators for their own benefit, and it goes downhill from there.

Popular though it may be, ideological insularity is counterproductive and self-defeating. The fact that it makes people so hateful and miserable is proof enough of that. That fact that it dominates all forms of media and social interaction is proof enough of its popularity.

And it's all nothing more than a shared fantasy.

The reality is that none of us are saints, all of us are sinners, and all of us, no matter how tightly bound to any particular dogma we might be, are capable of thinking for ourselves.

In the case of "Russiagate", we are all bearing witness to a massive extralegal struggle among multiple power centers in government, media, technology and commerce over what we are supposed to think, and if there is any silver lining to this extremely dark cloud, it's that despite the inordinate amount of unchecked power they already wield, they still seem to care what we think.

But that means nothing if we don't care what we think, and I urge those of us who do care to take care not to let others do our thinking for us.

Question everything.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

So was a former president meeting the AG on a tarmac in the middle of nowhere while his wife was being investigated obstruction? Just wondering. I mean, a meeting or a non-meeting in Lewandowskis case is simply that right?

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Majic

While I agree with you in principle, there are a few problems

First, labels are terrible, but inevitable

So liberal conservative may not be perfect (heck I would argue progressives are anti liberal just to give you an example) but you don’t know what labels to use

Now you are correct, we should all be appalled by the previous administration weaponizing the intel agencies to go after their opponents.

I think it’s the biggest political scandal in the history of the country

But the truth is many in power, and their supporters not only aren’t concern, they actively cheer it in and cover for it

What do we call this group? Democrats? The establishment left?

I think there is a danger of rejecting labels in that it leads to the “all sides do it” argument

No it’s time we name exactly the group propagating this corruption and hold them accountable

And even though no side is perfect and the right or republicans or populists or non establishment or whatever you want to call them have done terrible things; they haven’t done anything like this scandal of epic proportions

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

what does that have to do with this thread?

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I especially liked where at the end there Lewandowski says basically everything in the Mueller report is true.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

So was a former president meeting the AG on a tarmac in the middle of nowhere while his wife was being investigated obstruction? Just wondering. I mean, a meeting or a non-meeting in Lewandowskis case is simply that right?

They were talking about grand kids and yoga lessons for HRC... that's all, you know this....

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Until it came to where he had to say whether what was written in his book was true or lose book sales and in his book he says everything this guy is asking him about.
Lewandowski keeps saying he respects trumps executive privilege even though he recognizes he himself is not entitled to it but then publishes those very conversations in his book Let Trump Be Trump.
So all this guy had to do was read from Lewandowski's book and ask him if its true or not. Lewandowski couldnt say his book was a lie of course so now he's on record saying the president asked him to obstruct justice.

But really when at the very end of that questioning Lewandowski says everything in the Mueller report is true well that just sealed the deal.

edit on 9182019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
I especially liked where at the end there Lewandowski says basically everything in the Mueller report is true.

Yep

Like no American, including trump or anyone on his team, broke the law conspiring with Russians in the 2016 election

Somehow you came to the exact opposite conclusion though and claim trump will be charged with that after he is president

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Somehow you came to the exact opposite conclusion though and claim trump will be charged with that after he is president

No ones surprised that she came to the exact opposite conclusion.

Im convinced this poster is either a troll, or has had some sort of head trauma.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Gee I wonder why Mueller didn't get an indictment for Cory ?

One guess is all you get 😎

A trial would have outed the entire Trump Strategy !!!!

Hmmmm 😎

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Just trying to figure out what you consider obstruction. It has everything to do with this thread if you are throwing around accusations.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Labels are indeed inevitable, and ideological groups most definitely exist. No problems there.

Problems arise from black-and-white thinking and projecting negatively on others for thinking differently.

Dividing political thought into "liberal" and "conservative" -- both terms that exist in a constant state of metamorphosis and ambiguity -- and choosing one side to attack the other is an example of this.

In reality, no one, even those who swear otherwise, truly conforms to "liberal" or "conservative" ideology, because everyone necessarily has their own interpretation of what those terms mean, and any sense of agreement on what they might mean is ephemeral at best and limited in scope.

That is a direct consequence of the fact that, despite whatever identities we may choose to assume, we are all individuals, each with unique perspectives resulting from unique origins and life experiences.

Tribalism (e.g., "liberal" vs "conservative") is by no means a new phenomenon and is a fundamental aspect of human social organization, but to the extent we subordinate ourselves to it, we surrender our intellectual independence in favor of groupthink.

Whether or not to do that is a choice, but it is all too easy to forget that it is a choice and accept it without challenge.

I suggest challenging it.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

He didnt seek one?
He got an immunity deal?
edit on 9182019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I do assert that.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I do assert that.

Thank you for your honesty

But, and I sincerely mean this, when the report says in plain English the exact opposite of what you claim it does, you may want to consider the fact you may be delusional

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Like no American, including trump or anyone on his team, broke the law conspiring with Russians in the 2016 election

This is why I know you didnt read the Mueller report.
It does not say that at all.
What it does say is that they could not prove it because of deleted emails and phone records and encrypted systems and people invoking the fifth and people lying. Thats what it says.
Want the page number and paragraphs?

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

How could he lose with a campaign slogan like this .

Lewandowski for senate

“ I won’t go on vacation “
edit on 18-9-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   

This is why I know you didnt read the Mueller report.
It does not say that at all.
What it does say is that they could not prove it because of deleted emails and phone records and encrypted systems and people invoking the fifth and people lying. Thats what it says.

Yes please do, page number and the quotes please

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Yep I’d like to see it .

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Sure

You show me where it says they would have been able to prove Americans worked to conspire illegally with Russians in the 2016 election if there hadn’t been missing records

I would love to see those page numbers

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join