It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If We Evolved On Earth Then Why Does Our Sun Hurt Our Eyes

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

On one hand.. however it is the sun that gives us eyes in the first place.

Cave dwelling animals typically evolve/devolve into species without any eyes (or lesser eyes).

Actually looking into the sun with eyes closed or indirectly, I hear is good for your eyes.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 03:11 AM
link   
If we were born on Neptune, our eyes wouldn't be bothered by the Sun.
edit on 9/15/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

Are you suggesting zero is not a thing? I beg to differ.

Pi, that thing that is infinite, non repeating and forever... is the diametric opposition to zero. zero is the infinite nothingness. It cannot be calculated. It is an insurmountable nothingness.

no data is just part of the equation that expects something. you can, indeed, divide by zero. if you don't think about it.

now that I've broken your brain, buy me a beer sometime.

edit on 15-9-2019 by gallop because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Look at neanderthal, and their heavy shelf of brow, they walked around with mini sun visors.

Perhaps when we started building dwellings we didn't need the brow anymore, since we shunned the sun.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Schmoe11

Look at neanderthal, and their heavy shelf of brow, they walked around with mini sun visors.

Perhaps when we started building dwellings we didn't need the brow anymore, since we shunned the sun.

Neanderthal’s supraorbital ridge didn’t offer them any protection from sunlight like a visor would though. Not only that but they had much better and more sensitive vision than that of Homo Sapiens Sapiens.

You’ve also got to keep in mind that Europe/Western Asia’s environment from 400-500 Ka util roughly 50 Ka was much different. Between the weather itself and the dimmer light
conditions of the Northern hemisphere compared to a S.Africa snd E. Africa, Neanderthal had a significantly larger visual cortex.

If you’re aware of the supraorbital brow ridge, then perhaps you’re also aware of their occipital bun? The larger rounded area at the back of the cranium? We’ve been able to model what their brains looked like and have a good clue now as to what their actual brain structure was and how it was organized. This is how we know that their brains were organized in a way that allowed them to see better in the more dim light conditions of the northern hemisphere.

I think it also Important to note that structures and dwellings can be traced back 100’s of thousands of years prior To Neanderthal and Denisovans diverging from H. Heidelbergensis. So the brow ridge wasn’t anatural visor and living in dwellings had no effect in that regard either.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Most animals have the same problem with the sun... They are from this planet....for sure.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776

Yeah and why can’t we breath under water... and fly... and swim in lava?

Answer that you Darwin fanboys

With adequate preparation, man can do all those things. And women too!

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: gallop
a reply to: MykeNukem

Are you suggesting zero is not a thing? I beg to differ.

Pi, that thing that is infinite, non repeating and forever... is the diametric opposition to zero. zero is the infinite nothingness. It cannot be calculated. It is an insurmountable nothingness.

no data is just part of the equation that expects something. you can, indeed, divide by zero. if you don't think about it.

now that I've broken your brain, buy me a beer sometime.

LMAO!

My eye is still twitching as I type this.

Here's your Beer:

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Evolving somewhere doesn't make you immune to effects of the environment.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   

By "hurt your eyes" do you mean when we directly look at it? Be more specific.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

"Yeah and why can’t we breath under water... and fly... and swim in lava? Answer that you Darwin fanboys."

For the simple reason that those that tried it had a bit of a problem passing along their DNA to successive generations.

That is how evolution works.
edit on 15-9-2019 by TheTruthRocks because: Baby Jeebuz told me to

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants
Ever see a dog walking around squinting because the sun is too bright? Or a flock of squinting birds?
Perhaps...dare I say it...could we have descended from aliens... from another planet where we would have been more suited to the sun?

Yes I have actually seen animals squint because of the bright sun.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: jidnum

originally posted by: MissSmartypants
Ever see a dog walking around squinting because the sun is too bright? Or a flock of squinting birds?
Perhaps...dare I say it...could we have descended from aliens... from another planet where we would have been more suited to the sun?

Yes I have actually seen animals squint because of the bright sun.
Really? Because every dog I've ever seen will look right up at you, wide eyed, in the bright, mid day sun. I've never seen a flock of black birds standing out in my yard in the bright sun squinting. Squirrels running across the wires out front a always with bright, shiny eyes.
edit on 9/15/2019 by MissSmartypants because: Edit

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: gortex

The sea doesn't kill people...

guns kill people...
Guns don't kill people. Uh-uh. I kill people, click-click, with guns.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: filthyphilanthropist

But you digress....

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Evolution does not mean perfection.
It means survival long enough to reproduce. No more. No less.

On the other hand, did God screw up?

Actually at first man was perfect, evolution made us imperfect. It is evolution which screwed us up.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

LOL...So perfect, in fact, that he opted to disobey "God" and then blamed his wife.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Well technically the peoples that have been exposed to sun over many thousands of years have developed coping mechanisms (see black/brown/olive skin tones). It's the places that don't get sun where our pale skin was allowed to flourish and now we move to places that get lots of sun and get lots of complications from that sunshine.

But for all of the "but did god screw up!?!?! hahahahaha you idiot" people. It's called the fall. look it up.
edit on 15-9-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Well I suppose we could have just evolved to have a chlorophyll type skin system and that way we could photosynthesis energy directly from the sun like plants, eliminating the need for most food intake, but still need water. But then everybody would be green, and green is not as cool as pink or whatever colors humans are.

And also, would suck when there is no sun, pretty much whither and die, a little ice age would kill off everybody then. And there has been more then one time when the earth was covered by ice for thousands if not millions of years.

So ya. Evolution, its just that thing which explains maybe not even a quarter of the story, but hey still beats the whole we just magically ended up here all perfect and all because man in could.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Does it Not Also " Hurt the Eyes " of Other Species of Life on Our Plant who Look at it Too for To Long ? ..Hmm.....

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join