It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA video shows giant UFO hiding near sun before being hit by solar explosion

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Hunkadinka

Thanks for the correction

Are you Scott? (You do seem to post a lot of his stuff.)
Because apparently the Mirror was going by what he said. I was correcting him, not you.

Unless you're him. I which case I was.

A new member Phage.

Please don’t scare new members away...

Kind suggestion : Why not ask questions instead of being instantly « BLUNT »...?

Just a kind suggestion... I liked the Phage from « Before » as did many others too...

Diplomacy...

Lags

Speak for yourself, Lags. And he's not any different.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I love how it's always described as "hiding" near the sun. "UFO seen hiding near the sun." Why do these sites always say this? Hiding? Because they want you to buy the story that aliens have been coming to earth and probing people for half a century. Ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   

a reply to: Lagomorphe

As I have often said, even before you joined;
This thread is not about me. Perhaps you should start one.

But you made it about the OP not the subject "Are you Scott? "

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Because apparently the Mirror was going by what he said. I was correcting him, not you.

It's ok, if you want to fire right back at him, you can correct his direct object pronoun's antecedent disagreement (Unless you're he). Yikes! (If he truly IS Phage...)
edit on 9/13/2019 by AlexandrosTheGreat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   
And yet somehow these "Giant Spacecraft" are left unseen by the Amateur astronomers like myself who often view and photograph the sun...

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Looks more like a life form.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   

No, I'm not Scott and I hope he's a likable guy. I'm glad you replied with reliable info. I was too lazy to do a proper, time-consuming search and so I appreciate your helpful knowledge.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   

A new member Phage.

Please don’t scare new members away...

Kind suggestion : Why not ask questions instead of being instantly « BLUNT »...?

Just a kind suggestion... I liked the Phage from « Before » as did many others too...

Diplomacy...

Lags

Your reply is unfair to Phage. I appreciate and welcome his input. He is one of the most reliable members and I'm surprised he and Arbitrageur are still here. So many great members from the '90s and early 2000s fell by the wayside and you can see by the threads index that the quality of threads has also become less interesting. Rarely new, quality material. UFOlogy has weakened and the excitement expressed in the past has also weakened. I try to bring fresh, "new" topics but they're scarce. The Phage from "before" hasn't changed, only unfair opinions about him have. Don't change Phage, your reliability is key here.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

But we are free to wildly speculate about them. Indeed!

To the point that they (alien spacecraft) are the explanation for everything that I don't know what it is. No matter how little sense it makes.

Who said alien spacecraft?

Only you... The original poster said UFO (Unidentified flying (or even why not « floating » object)

I try to stay away from using "alien" as it is expressed by mostly everyone, as extraterrestrial, because I've never seen any evidence that would indicate that. What we have are unknowns populating "our" skies and they're not always flying so in reality I prefer UAO, Unidentified Aerial Object. For this thread I did use UFO but even that is a misnomer. Since we don't know what is being shown in the video it has to be addressed as an unknown, whether it's a fiber or whatever, no one seems to have an educated answer. But opinions do matter.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: abeverage
And yet somehow these "Giant Spacecraft" are left unseen by the Amateur astronomers like myself who often view and photograph the sun...

It's not that the assumed object(s) are left unseen by amateur astronomer, and I know one who owns a super homemade observatory, it's that you could have turned your head away from your telescope's eyepiece and an object appeared and disappeared. One of my UFO sightings did just that: I saw it "hiding" behind a small, wispy cloud, without taking my eye offit I reached for my digicam, brought it up to my eye, didn't see anything through the lens as I had inadvertently left the infrared filter in place and a second later when I looked at the still there, unchanged cloud the white orb was gone. Seconds!

Do you have a camera attached to your telescope recording 24/7? If you don't you could have missed recording a similar event as the photo/video shows.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   
so, what's your deal? you post a lot of ostensibly 'ufo' threads but clearly you are a debunker.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hunkadinka
The Phage from "before" hasn't changed, only unfair opinions about him have. Don't change Phage, your reliability is key here.

Posters such as The Phage, Ecto and Arby are crucial cogs in the UFOs/Aliens forum machine, I've gradually discovered over the past year. If they ever decided to leave, it would be a tragedy.

Finer and vastly more experienced minds than mine have contributed to major re-thinks on my part since I came through those ATS gates like a starry-eyed newbie with golden oldie goodies from my youth such as Roswell, Lazar and Pascagoula tucked under my arm. The fact that those cases and others have been tipped into a dustbin over the last year is sad but healthy in the long term for this never-ending Wheat vs Chaff game.

This week, I myself have been 'attacked' for changing POVs - which is ironic since changing one's mind is the only healthy way to progress in this field, applying both ways (whether old classics are dismissed, or a new found interest in once derided cases is reawakened).

BTW, I didn't realise you were an ex ATSer from the past, so welcome back.

PS: It shouldn't matter a jot whether anyone is a Believer, TruBeliever, Sceptic, Pseudo-Skeptic, Debunker or however many other labels are flying around. It's what is presented for us to study, comment on, agree or disagree that's important.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   
If its planet sized and circle. Do you not think it might be Mercury?

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   

a ship that large would be putting off allot of energy or 'exhaust' that the sensors would pick up, but did not

i think allot of these things are sensor reflections or maybe some sort of magnetic/energy phenomena, there is alot of flux and energy released during these events and the sensors might pick up the pre explosion arc's

ETA: unless these 'craft' can cloak completely across the EM spectrum than we would pick them up, also when they leave our system they wouldn't be able to hide its energy signature. if a craft the size of a freaking planet was moving around our system we would know about it from gravity distortions and HUGE amounts of energy being released. you might be able to cloak a physical ship but the energy released would like up the ship like a mini sun and leave all sorts of out of place high energy particles.

edit on 13-9-2019 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz5
so, what's your deal? you post a lot of ostensibly 'ufo' threads but clearly you are a debunker.

So what? I'm a natural skeptic and I have successfully debunk. Make a claim without supporting irrefutable evidence and I'll call you on the spot. Provide supporting irrefutable evidence and you'll have my attitude will also be positive.

It is normal to be a skeptic (with or without debunking) but abnormal to be a believer 'cause you're not operating with 100% of your mind since it has been conditioned to accept without evidence or, don't bother me with the facts.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ConfusedBrit

originally posted by: Hunkadinka
The Phage from "before" hasn't changed, only unfair opinions about him have. Don't change Phage, your reliability is key here.

Posters such as The Phage, Ecto and Arby are crucial cogs in the UFOs/Aliens forum machine, I've gradually discovered over the past year. If they ever decided to leave, it would be a tragedy.

Finer and vastly more experienced minds than mine have contributed to major re-thinks on my part since I came through those ATS gates like a starry-eyed newbie with golden oldie goodies from my youth such as Roswell, Lazar and Pascagoula tucked under my arm. The fact that those cases and others have been tipped into a dustbin over the last year is sad but healthy in the long term for this never-ending Wheat vs Chaff game.

This week, I myself have been 'attacked' for changing POVs - which is ironic since changing one's mind is the only healthy way to progress in this field, applying both ways (whether old classics are dismissed, or a new found interest in once derided cases is reawakened).

BTW, I didn't realise you were an ex ATSer from the past, so welcome back.

PS: It shouldn't matter a jot whether anyone is a Believer, TruBeliever, Sceptic, Pseudo-Skeptic, Debunker or however many other labels are flying around. It's what is presented for us to study, comment on, agree or disagree that's important.

What's happening is simply the constant change of life and the change is not always desired. When you deal with topics such as UFOs/"aliens" there is a joyous rise to a peak with the disappointing down slide. It is my opinion that UFOs won't disappear from our reality but since nothing new has occurred, same ol', same ol', interest has waned and people find better things to do with their time than to constantly rehash the old.

As I said, this forum and all of the others are in a slump. Even Oberg has posted and replied less. One problem is that UFOlogy is not the most intelligent subject to discuss because the field is mostly populated by believers so us clear thinkers find it less challenging. People keep seeing, reporting and recording UFOs but that's as far as it goes.

Still, once in a blue moon something happens to spark interest as in the recent movement to storm Area 51. And then, of course, there's a sudden interest based on awful TV shows, alleged gov't "agents" claim they worked in real UFOlogy, some go "hunting" for UFOs, some discuss the mythical "contact" and so on.

No, these are not the best of times for UFOlogy but, in the end, we gotta deal with what is. And this forum is a friendly place to get together and discuss boring topics 'cause we got nothing new.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3

a ship that large would be putting off allot of energy or 'exhaust' that the sensors would pick up, but did not

i think allot of these things are sensor reflections or maybe some sort of magnetic/energy phenomena, there is alot of flux and energy released during these events and the sensors might pick up the pre explosion arc's

ETA: unless these 'craft' can cloak completely across the EM spectrum than we would pick them up, also when they leave our system they wouldn't be able to hide its energy signature. if a craft the size of a freaking planet was moving around our system we would know about it from gravity distortions and HUGE amounts of energy being released. you might be able to cloak a physical ship but the energy released would like up the ship like a mini sun and leave all sorts of out of place high energy particles.

I would like to offer a suitable reply but I don't have the knowledge you have. I can't explain the video but there have been many videos that show things near the sun that shouldn't be there. We can only look and wonder.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 01:05 AM
link   

I can't explain the video

It's a tiny piece of fiber on the CCD. It appears in every image taken by the instrument and is in exactly the same location in every one.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 9/14/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 02:56 AM
link   
We have scientific proof of;

- whales
- dinosaurs
- primitive man
- DNA
- exoplanets
- black holes
- quasars
- dark energy/matter
- subatomic particles
- gravity

We do not have scientific evidence of ET, ID, or Bigfoot. We may someday, not saying we never will, just not yet.

The premise that the (or a) government has the scientific evidence, if true, would tell me a deep space faring species;

- makes it all the way to the “jackpot” planet just to crash into it and get themselves killed in likely the most passive biospheres in the universe.

- gets Scooby Doo’d by a government that can’t balance a budget into cooperating with their nefarious goals and not bettering our species.

Either choice doesn’t give me confidence in said species. Of all the ET explorers they send us Lenny and Squiggy. Thanks a lot Type II or III civilization.

Kidding aside. I’m just waiting for debunk proof evidence. That’s just me though.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join