It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Big Brother Own You via Your Car or Truck? My 911 Experience with GM Infotainment Software Upd

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
a reply to: JAGStorm

We had an OEM John Deere Lawn Tractor back in the 1960's. I personally replaced one short block and it kept on ticking. Dad traded it in for another John Deere in the late 1980's. The newer one still runs today. I bought a Craftsman Garden Tractor in 2004; GT5000 with a Briggs and Stratton engine. Still runs good to this day and only had a minor job done in 2009 for $300 as the Rods came lose.

All my neighbors own newer 2010+ John Deer lawn mowers. They are always in the shop.

The big box stores John Deere's are no longer the same (junk), you have to buy them from a dealer or farm store. I'm finding that a lot of products at big box stores have the label but aren't really the same quality as the original. People are easily tricked. Don't even get me started on the plumbing fixture, very very cheaply made but very costly. I took a gamble and purchased a faucet on Amazon, very cheap, that sucker was the most well built thing you'd ever seen. It was very easy to install too. Also a lot of people don't know this, the same furniture sold in stores is also sold on Amazon under a different name, it is the exact same stuff at 1/5 the price, I worked for a furniture company so I know.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   
My truck was blank and the clock at 12:00 when I got in yesterday morning. The security light seems to come and go so I don't know if it will work out or not. 2019 GMC.

On a side note my neighbor said she would love a truck like mine but her Honda gets 22 mpg on the highway. I told her we got 27 last week on the expressway. She's going truck shopping by winter.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

The hubs has been on me for the past few years about wanting me to trade in my old Mustang for a new vehicle- which I refuse to do even though it seems like I have to put it in the shop at least once or twice per year now. Hopefully he will read your post this evening when he gets home and see the wisdom of keeping the old pony!

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

The hubs has been on me for the past few years about wanting me to trade in my old Mustang for a new vehicle- which I refuse to do even though it seems like I have to put it in the shop at least once or twice per year now. Hopefully he will read your post this evening when he gets home and see the wisdom of keeping the old pony!

Tell your hubby the Mustang gets traded when he does.
Seriously, keep the mustang!

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

It still shook me up. Keep the Mustang. I love the truck but realize that at any given moment I do not control my destiny.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell

I traded in my 2015 Colorado for a 2019. Before 2015 I drove junk cars for almost 275,000 miles each so these trucks are my reward. I used to drive from Atlanta to Columbia, SC monthly. On Interstate 20 on cruise control at 78 MPH with the AC on I was getting 28 miles MPG. I did opt for the Inline 4 cylinder engine. I thought the mileage was impressive for that truck. However it also depends on the gasoline you buy. I usually buy Sam's Club and used to use Kroger's and Texaco. Quic Trip had terrible mileage.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

You dosh darn right it makes me wonder. The way GM spoke it was a global update on all of their vehicles. Hmm, I also wonder if they did it on the vehicles manufactured at the GM Shanghai Vehicle Assembly Operations Plant in China? Your vehicle is / is not not a GM? Since someone chose to do it on 911 it could have been the Fun Bunch at the NSA!

Back in the day I lived a pretty racy life. Nah, NO fun stuff like drugs, sex or rock and roll; just Intel sheet. Today pretty bland and NO raising hell. But who knows as once your in the "companies" system you will always have a keeper. Er, I mean "Handler"

Just sayin

edit on 12-9-2019 by Waterglass because: frickin typo s

edit on 12-9-2019 by Waterglass because: added

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Just wait until 3rd Generation self driving vehicles, they will have to talk to other vehicles, share routing information and other car to car discussions, all on 5g nonetheless, with a big warning broadcasted when on manual pilot.

Police are going to love those days to issue safe slowdown/shutdown orders to all vehicles on manual in an X block radius with the push of a button. That Hooptie Nova is sounding better and better

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Not a slam on you my friend.

I was poking at us old timer ATSers. There was a time.....

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

And that Hooptie will still work after an EMP too and any shade tree mechanic can break it down and fix anything on it.

I have a 20 year old Dodge Truck and while it still isn't exactly old-school I am not looking to the day I have to buy one of these new fangled totally computerized trucks.

We need an American car company that builds solid built vehicles without all the bells and whistles.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

When the self driving cars come out that drive as per posted speed limits; thatswhen Civil War will break out as in disobedience. Can you see the obsessed population going nuts when the cars;

Drive The Speed Limit
Yield The Right of Way
Stop at a Stop Sign
Properly Turn their Turn signals on (not 20 feet from the turn)
Don't Tailgate
No More Road Rage
Obey the Stop Lights

My guess is that we will have mass suicides towards the march towards global population 500 Million.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

When every car is self driving we will be able to increase speeds and drive closer together. We won't need stop signs or lights or turn signals because all cars will be communicating with each other all the time and will know what each other are about to do.

Ah the future...

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
a reply to: LSU2018

Yours also??? Mine was @ 89% UPDATE on September 11, 2019 @ 12:55PM EST. I have my picture with all the details.

911 related?

YEA it really makes me wonder

GTFOH! I'm on Central so your 12:55 is my 11:55! That's when mine sent the alert to update.

Here's the screenshot of the message, but I don't have a time stamp. I wish I did. This was on my email so the 1:26 isn't from me.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Hmm, no smart phone, smart tv, or smart car for me..all that stuff is too smart for me!

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Identified
No thanks..I like doing things for myself! we are all going to become helpless babies with 0 skills.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
My truck was blank and the clock at 12:00 when I got in yesterday morning. The security light seems to come and go so I don't know if it will work out or not. 2019 GMC.

On a side note my neighbor said she would love a truck like mine but her Honda gets 22 mpg on the highway. I told her we got 27 last week on the expressway. She's going truck shopping by winter.

It's amazing what we can get these days on MPG... I have a 2016 Ram with the 395 HP Hemi and was getting 23.9 MPG rolling 90 on the way home from my brother-in-law's house when we visited him in OK City for Easter.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Sadly, the day will come when driving yourself will be illegal except on closed tracks in conjunction with museums and elitist sports.

People won't even own their own cars and cars will constantly be on the move picking up passengers and taking them places, so there won't even be parking spaces or personal garages. Resistance is futile.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Identified
Ya, probably true..I will resist, till I can resist no more

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Do you honestly have a wifi control on your garage door? why?

I have zero smart devices in my home or car. The only smart thing I own is a smartphone because I have to, as it is our internet service and telephone service combined (tethering).
I wanna keep my 12+ year old corolla running as long as possible... Of course if they were determined they could shut the engine down at any time, but they couldn't steer it.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Just wait until 3rd Generation self driving vehicles, they will have to talk to other vehicles, share routing information and other car to car discussions, all on 5g nonetheless, with a big warning broadcasted when on manual pilot.

Police are going to love those days to issue safe slowdown/shutdown orders to all vehicles on manual in an X block radius with the push of a button. That Hooptie Nova is sounding better and better

Me and my dad have been restoring a 1976 CJ-5. If the shart ever hits the fan, I guess I'll be driving that bad boy to work.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join