It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Mugabe Dies aged 95

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 04:45 AM
link   
First thread here so hopefully I tick all the boxes......

Just heard that Robert Mugabe the Ex president of Zimbabwe has died at 95, reports state Mr Mugabe had been receiving treatment in a hospital in Singapore since April..

www.bbc.com...

Report from the Guardian:

www.theguardian.com...

I personally have not visited Zimbabwe but I have worked closely with people from there and they certainly have strong opinions regarding his time in power.

edit on 6-9-2019 by Petra137 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Petra137
Yeah, good riddance to that guy. He was a dictator and murderer. I only wish he died during his time in power. Thousands of innocent people would still be alive. The man was a monster.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Sadly I am sure there is another monster of a man waiting to take on the role of malevolent despot
It’s a better day, a better world

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 05:37 AM
link   
A monstrously evil murderer and despotic dictator that has defiled and raped his country for his own greed. I hope he rots in Hell. Good riddance.

I don't think much of his wife, either.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: TemplarLoyalty
Yeah, good riddance to that guy. He was a dictator and murderer. I only wish he died during his time in power. Thousands of innocent people would still be alive. The man was a monster.

To others he was a war hero and brought justice to the masses who were held in check by what was a racist colonialist regime................. RIP Bob

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

I think you will find it all went a bit downhill after that.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Not after he got power, he became a tyrant
Nobody is justifying colonialism

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 05:50 AM
link   
The Chinese have moved into Zimbabwe and are buying politicians and property. I predict that Zimbabwe and South Africa will both have their populations turn on each other in something that will be called tribal warfare (or by some other name) where millions more are going to die in the next 10 years either by warfare or starvation... South Africa once they kill or run the 5 million whites out and get all the farms it will not be nice or pretty...Robert Mugabe was just the result of another leader who only cared about himself and his tribal cronies.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Sure it did as the locals were kept from being given a real education. Truth be told the Rhodesian regime was a horror story full of quarter of a slave owners who by anyones standard were as racist as they come. A total miracle all whites and asians weren't driven from the country in the weeks following independence. Mugabe initially did very well but things did start going down hill sure

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 05:59 AM
link   

things did start going down hill sure

A bit of an understatement, that!

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
I predict that Zimbabwe and South Africa will both have their populations turn on each other in something that will be called tribal warfare (or by some other name) where millions more are going to die in the next 10 years either by warfare or starvation... South Africa once they kill or run the 5 million whites out

More like running Nigerians out the country................... Happening right now and like a repition of Krystalnacht of yesteryear

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Not after he got power, he became a tyrant
Nobody is justifying colonialism

Totally awful regime and there was always going to be fallout afterwards especially when you have the local superpower right on your border trying to scupper the post independence during the 1980's

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
The Chinese have moved into Zimbabwe and are buying politicians and property.

China is the neo-colonial power, and Africans will pay dearly in future decades for the deals their leaders are making, or have made.

Sadly Mugabe turned a reasonably prosperous African nation into a basketcase. His policies were racist, divisive and impoverished the nation while enriching Mugabe, his familiy and the political elites.

Not many people mourne the death of a dictator, except fellow dictators who are thankfully in a diminishing club.
edit on 6/9/2019 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

things did start going down hill sure

A bit of an understatement, that!

The Brits treated the locals like farm yard animals and succeded in turning the tribes agaisnt each other in that good old divide and rule way. Not surprising post independence went a little wayward especially with South Africa attempting to sabotage success right into the 90's but Mugabe succeeded in bringing down a very nasty regime and for that he is admired by many. Rhodesians were a pretty nast bunch of people being honest and realistic about it

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 06:10 AM
link   

RIP Bob?

He was a thoroughly despicable man without any redeeming features.

He turned a nation once known as The Bread Basket of Africa into a debt ridden and poverty stricken nation and his 'administration' was horrendously corrupt, enabled crime and implemented blatantly racist policies and his record of human rights abuse is truly appalling.

That the UK governments of the day didn't do more the reign his abuses in or effect 'regime change' is to its eternal shame.

Personally I hope there's a particularly warm place in hell reserved for him.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Maybe, but later on he committed mass murder and became a tyrant and turned his country's economy into a basket case. The future does not look good either there or in South Africa, and that's putting it mildly.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

RIP Bob?

He was a thoroughly despicable man without any redeeming features.

Yes RIP Bob
His spirit will now go for rest then onto reincarnating into another life experience that hopefully he will learn from.

You can never accuse Bob of being racist never never never when you accept what a nasty place he was brought up in. The UDI regime was horrible and the leaders were as racist as they come, Mugabe was just a natural reaction to this period and he was a product of the evil perpetrated by the colonialists

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Yes. He did in fact liberate Zimbabwe and THEN he ordered the murders of 20,000 innocent people, unlawfully seized private property he claimed didn't actually belong to the white settlers who owned the property, was in bed with the North Korean government and when Mugabe lost the presidential election, he sent security forces to threaten and intimidate Morgan Tsvangirai who had actually won the election to force him out. He was accused of electoral fraud in a minimum of three elections and it took an army coup to restore balance to the Zimbabwean government because evidently the will of the people was second to the will of "Only God Can Force Me Out" Mugabe. So, sure. Let's focus on what he did in the very beginning and completely ignore the atrocities he committed after taking power.

I hope he rots in hell.

edit on 6-9-2019 by TemplarLoyalty because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 06:21 AM
link   
GOOD!

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpyIt will work out in the long run. Just going through bthe motions. I mean I was old even when the Smith regime and Apatheid were still going, it's only a few thousand days and we've seen such political change, it might take hundreds of years to settle down. I'm amazed how things are still held together over there when one considers the crazy past century for the region.

Things change so quick too. Right at the end of his life Mugabe was actually promoting change through the MDC while the whites now support the successor to Mugabe who's been giving them their farms back. You couldn't make it up

top topics

<<   2 >>

join