It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A subscriber service for ATS.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

originally posted by: MisterSpock
I think OP tapped out, which confirms my initial thought this was a thread that erupted from a night of early(real early) drinking.

Still fun though, we should all do this more often....

This has been a fantastic thread. I feel great.

I think we really got somewhere.

Would be great to have a chat feature for this type of crap, even if it was for all members.

You are, afterall, just a bunch of humans(hairless monkeys). It's healthy for the unformed brain to vent and post pictures of themselves in stretched undies.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   
i think leave it the way it is , as several have stated you dont want uncensored versions of them and i personally agree mainly for the sake of me being banned and people needing therapy after i go off on a tangent and cannot stop till my voices have been heard !

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

I think OP tapped out, which confirms my initial thought this was a thread that erupted from a night of early(real early) drinking.

Still fun though, we should all do this more often....

This has been a fantastic thread. I feel great.

I think we really got somewhere.

Would be great to have a chat feature for this type of crap, even if it was for all members.

You are, afterall, just a bunch of humans(hairless monkeys). It's healthy for the unformed brain to vent and post pictures of themselves in stretched undies.

That's the world I want to live in.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

It's Thursday???????

Goodnight my friend.

edit on Thu Sep 5 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   

pfft younglings and their IRC. In my day you carried a small six ring notebook of backbone server locations and user accounts so you could reroute around slowdowns while Telneting into various MOO’s and MUX’s to talk with foreign nationals. Then would jam the route by dropping enough NSA listen words off the list to get a live monitor just to reroute around that slowdown...

uh, I mean back in the day we chatted with people from all over with elegance and pleasantry at all times. Learned far more about the development and backstory of the original Battlestar Galatica universe so that the new series wasn’t as confusing until everyone being a cylon and Starbuck being a women of course.

Actually civility was the absolute word of the day on ATS, a member from 15 years ago would say we are at a pay per spew site wide currently, just free. I would like to think I have become a more creative writer saying what I want in a better way. Like the Shakespeare Insult List in a way.
edit on 5-9-2019 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I'm not giving ATS a dime until they honor all those 'free cookies' they've been promising me.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Are we done discussing a place for lumenari pole-dancing pics?
edit on 5-9-2019 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

I'm not giving ATS a dime until they honor all those 'free cookies' they've been promising me.

You haven't gotten the cookies?

~Shocked look~

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Not about me pole-dancing.

All about being able to express myself.

Oh wait....

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Are we done discussing a place for lumenari pole-dancing pics?

I guess I missed a chunk of thread..

I would have never guessed Lumenari was into maypole dancing and renaissance fairs. Hawt..

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

pfft younglings and their IRC. In my day you carried a small six ring notebook of backbone server locations and user accounts so you could reroute around slowdowns while Telneting into various MOO’s and MUX’s to talk with foreign nationals. Then would jam the route by dropping enough NSA listen words off the list to get a live monitor just to reroute around that slowdown...

uh, I mean back in the day we chatted with people from all over with elegance and pleasantry at all times. Learned far more about the development and backstory of the original Battlestar Galatica universe so that the new series wasn’t as confusing until everyone being a cylon and Starbuck being a women of course.

Actually civility was the absolute word of the day on ATS, a member from 15 years ago would say we are at a pay per spew site wide currently, just free. I would like to think I have become a more creative writer saying what I want in a better way. Like the Shakespeare Insult List in a way.

Rose colored glasses my friend. I remember the early days when the pool was thinner and everyone was from a small pool of their worldy resources.

It certainly was not all about civility and decorum. It was the wild wild west baby......Pioneers, the sharpest of whits and the harshest of intelligence.

Then..."everyone else" got on board. Turned into boredsville USA, literally.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I would wager all the points I have left, that I have the least amount of points left.

I feel your pain Lumi.. but I've grown and "adapted"...

THEY'LL NEVA CHANGE MEEEHHH!!!

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

He's referencing another thread...

One that I specifically stated that I just read about it and it didn't actually happen to me.

sorta...

But about the topic!

I seemed to have framed it all wrong and it wasn't about the freedom to post my bits to ATS members.

It was about paying a little money to not have ads and to have a section where we were a little more free with our language, is all.

It went downhill from there (Boys!!!) but still, it would be interesting to have a paid section for ATS where we were not so constrained by the Tees and Cees.

That's where I was going with it.

And it turned into...

So it's entirely possible it's a bad idea... I've certainly had them before.

I'd still pay money for it though... just sayin.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   

And so the throwing under the bus commences for your "bad idea".

While you are vague, I know for sure you are trying to blame me ME!!!! of all people.

Nice play......

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   

it would be interesting to have a paid section for ATS where we were not so constrained by the Tees

Aye. Those damn Tees. So like are we talking wet Tees contests or topless discarded Tees...

Just kidding

I recommended we have a 'game' section before like where members could square off in a round of chess or other activities. I was flamed and ridiculed so I stopped sharing ideas about this site at all.

edit on 5-9-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I did pole dancing once.

It was a stop sign and I was drunk, but it counts. . . right?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
it would be interesting to have a paid section for ATS where we were not so constrained by the Tees

Aye. Those damn Tees. So like are we talking wet Tees contests or topless discarded Tees...

Just kidding

All jokes aside, I vote for the best(better) idea of a chat feature for those of either enough year(3 years) or enough posts(5K plus), numbers being negotiable, just an outlet for those that continue to drive traffic and enlist the rage of new(bot or otherwise) signups, to have a place to let loose.

Would be nice.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   

And so the throwing under the bus commences for your "bad idea".

While you are vague, I know for sure you are trying to blame me ME!!!! of all people.

Nice play......

It's what I do!

~innocent look~

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join