It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skeletons of 227 victims unearthed at world's largest child sacrifice site

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

The fact we're all here is testament to the brutality of our ancestors

I see it in quite the opposite direction. With all the chronicled brutality just plain ignorant superstition of our ancestors, it is to me a wonder that we ARE still here at all.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

I assumed this was another story about Epstein or the Clintons.

"Experts believe the children were sacrificed by the Chimú culture to appease the El Niño phenomenon"

The author just had to make an offering to the climate change gods apparently.
edit on 30-8-2019 by funbobby because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: funbobby
The author just had to make an offering to the climate change gods apparently.

Oh, great and powerful Al Gore, please hear our pleas!

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Don't forget, after the sacrifices, it was happy meal time! body parts, nom nom nom

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Think it isn't going on today?

Sadly, I imagine it is....

Seriously... Sit back and close your eyes and imagine yourself, just for one single minute, that you're standing next to someone who's sacrificing a baby, or a child of the age of 3. Imagine the look in that child's eyes, the words they're crying out while it's happening, the pain they're going through when the blade is plunged into them....

How did that make you feel?

Now... Imagine the person doing these things. Those soulless, heartless, vile things. How is it possible that someone can do these things and not have an ounce of regret? These people are without a soul, a heart... they should be exterminated.

Small wonder these people were slaughtered when others came upon them.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Yeah. We can sacrifice millions in an instant now. a reply to: MisterSpock

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Jokes aside, humans are stupid....good thing we've come so far since then....

just remembered the joke of the pizza and Archaeologist....
To boldly go in circles like everyone has gone before....

edit on 8302019 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

How did that make you feel?

Gawd dude you almost made me throw up.

It also makes me sick that there are people in this world that turn
a blind eye to what's going on right under their nose. The rose colored
glasses couldn't be slapped off there face.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Some of the modern new age likes to glamorize or romanticize some ancient peoples like they were in some kind of paradise.

But stories like this just expose to us that a lot of the ancients were just ignorant, superstitious fools.

Now thats not to say we modern ers are much better

We sacrifice and do mass murder for greed, selfishness and lust

edit on 30-8-2019 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

I was thinking that this was exactly that...like you said...they are probably engineering this entire sideshow to forever taint evidence without having to actually destroy it.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Times must have been very bad for this to happen.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Or it was a power thing.

They also find the bones of small children buried with emperors further North in Aztec sites.

In some Plato's discussions (the same ones that enter into the topic of Atlantis), they discuss how much they think society would be better if people valued the children of others equally with their own. Plato's ideal republic was one where nobody knew whose child was whose (none of the men, anyway.)

I think people found the transition from tribalism to urbanism too confusing sometimes.

So you get cults where people, especially civic leaders, have to show that they'll sacrifice their own children "for the greater good". That way the city trusts that they'll make the right decision for the city, rather than just their own kin and offspring.

I'm glad our society has come full circle, and now realizes that won't work out very well, and doesn't ask that.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Maybe they should run the DNA through todays databanks just for kicks and giggles......never know what you could find.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 01:34 AM
link   
oh!...
I thought they had found the vaticans bodie dump.
but it would be a LOT bigger.
like 27 million!

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
So many scriptures repeat not to sacrifice your children as the "gods" who demanded this were demons.

Although the OT god seems pretty cool with killing babies and children if their parents tribe had been deemed to do something wrong.

"You shall acknowledge no God but me. . . . You are destroyed, Israel. . . . The people of Samaria must bear their guilt, because they have rebelled against their God. They will fall by the sword; their little ones will be dashed to the ground, their pregnant women ripped open." (Hosea 13:4, 9, 16 New International Version)"

or

See, the day of the Lord is coming — a cruel day, with wrath and fierce anger. . . . I will put an end to the arrogance of the haughty. . . . Their infants will be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses will be looted and their wives violated." (Isaiah 13:9–16 NIV)"

With a bit of rape thrown in for good measure there.

And this guy did burn his own daughter for The Lord:

And Jephthah made a vow to the Lord: 'If you give the Ammonites into my hands, whatever comes out of the door of my house to meet me when I return in triumph from the Ammonites will be the Lord's, and I will sacrifice it as a burnt offering.' . . . When Jephthah returned to his home in Mizpah, who should come out to meet him but his daughter, dancing to the sound of timbrels! . . . After the two months, she returned to her father, and he did to her as he had vowed." (Judges 11:30–39 NIV)

And some more baby dashing, as it does please him:

"O daughter Babylon, you devastator! Happy shall they be who pay you back what you have done to us! Happy shall they be who take your little ones and dash them against the rock"(Psalm 137:8–9 NRSV)

I'm not sure any of this baby murder can be seen as morally superior to any other baby murder.

edit on 1/9/19 by FatherLukeDuke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: FatherLukeDuke

Although the OT god seems pretty cool with killing babies and children if their parents tribe had been deemed to do something wrong.

I guess it it is yours you can do what you believe necessary, we on the other hand know nothing and are not the supreme maker and judge.
I personally chose to trust.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Jephthah may not have actually burned his daughter as an offering, but still offered her up as a sacrifice to God - a sacrifice that went against his own needs/life as well as his daughter's.

thetorah.com...
One clue would seem to lie in the earlier remark when the text first introduced her. She was Jephthah’s only (child), ‘apart from her he had neither a son nor daughter’ (Judg 11:34).[9] To lose her would mean the end of any long-term family or dynastic intentions that Jephthah might have.[10]

Born to a woman who was outside the family framework, he would now be unable to pass on his rehabilitated status to another generation. The effect of his vow, however it might be carried out, would rob him of his future.[11]

The Tragedy of the Vow from Jephthah’s Daughter’s Perspective
The material about the journey to the mountains with her companions to weep for her virginity, and statute that it evoked, suggest the possibility that she truly saw herself as dedicated to God according to the opening words of the vow, and as a consequence accepted a different fate from that of other women, namely a life of seclusion.

She sacrificed the most important priority affecting women in the Biblical world, the necessity of having children.[12]

Perhaps this should be connected as an extreme variant on the tradition of the nazirite as reflected in Numbers 6:1-21, where a man or woman may take a vow of abstinence for a limited period. Once a year she would receive a visit in her isolation from her companions who would ‘call out’ to her.

Conclusion

Jephthah is a tragic figure. His problematic origins make the restoring of his status in society crucial to him. Yet, his story ends with no chance of his handing his improved status on to his progeny, since his own vow forces his daughter into permanent celibacy as a woman consecrated to the Lord.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: hiddeninsite

Jephthah may not have actually burned his daughter as an offering, but still offered her up as a sacrifice to God - a sacrifice that went against his own needs/life as well as his daughter's.

Maybe, or maybe she just got burnt.. I suppose we never find out what the daughter thought about all this.

You've ignored all the "baby dashing" and rape ordered by the OT god. I've not seen anyone explain why this is OK, yet the Peruvians carrying out similar orders of their gods was evil.

Personally, I think they are both evil - do you not?. However I also recognise the past was often a brutal place and people saw the world through radically different prisms to us, where superstition ruled and death was much closer at hand.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I didn't have time last night. Will return later today.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   

In response to the verse of Hosea.

Hosea was a prophet that lived in Samarai. Samaria was the capital of the ancient Kingdom of Israel, the metropolis of the ten tribes of Israel.

God had made a covenant with the Israelites, (A biblical covenant is a religious covenant that is mentioned in the Bible. It is a legal agreement of the ancient Biblical times, such as a treaty agreement.) The covenant between God and the Israelites was that God would guide them, favor them, protect them and give them the land of Israel. In return Israel would only worship God and live according to His ways. I

However, the Israelites didn’t keep their end of the bargain and turned to theft, murder, started worshiping other gods (false gods), rape, all wicked ways and turned their back on God. And so Hosea was prophecying that God would not be there for them when the Assyrians came – and that all would die the usual ugly ways of death during a war. God was not responsible for the death of babies, the rape of women, the death of men, but he did withdraw from his people as they had broken their promise to God. War was a natural state during those times and so when the Assyrians came God did not stand in the Assyrians way.

I hope this helps.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join