It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington post 12,000 trump lies

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:03 AM
link   
This is their database of documented lies President Trump supposedly told. My counter arguments will be fast and loose but then so are their reasons.

I’m just applying their standard of proof against them.

To be fair I’m picking the first three random “lies” I come across.

Here’s the first.....

NOV 04 2018
“If Stacey Abrams gets in, your second amendment is... is gone, gone. Stacey and her friends will get rid of it. … Take your guns away.”

Topic: Guns
Source: Campaign rally

This is grossly misleading. Governors do not have the power to "get rid of" constitutional rights. Trump may be speaking loosely about potential curbs to gun ownership under Democratic governors. But those curbs must comply with the Second Amendment.

Governors do have the power to influence State legislatures in the constitutional convention process. Which can amend the Second Amendment through a constitutional process. Which makes their reason “grossly misleading” not factual and innaccurate. So by their standard it’s a lie.

That’s number one

AUG 02 2019
“We’re trying to have a good relationship [with Russia]. It’s very hard, in light of the phony witch hunt, which is now dead. ”

Repeated 159 times

Topic: Russia
Source: Remarks
Show details
President Trump frequently said the special counsel's investigation was a witch hunt or a hoax. Special counsel Robert Mueller revealed significant criminal activity by some of Trump's campaign advisers and by Russian individuals and entities. Mueller concluded Russian government actors successfully hacked into computers and obtained emails from persons associated with the Clinton campaign and Democratic Party organizations, and then publicly disseminated those materials through various intermediaries, including WikiLeaks, to sow discord in the United States, hurt Clinton and help Trump.

First off in the desperation to reach their ridiculous number. They had to use this claim 159 times. In order to bump up the numbers to sensationalize their list.

Trump is trying to normalize relations with Russia. The Mueller investigation findings don’t implicate Trump. But the Democratic Party and the media do implicate him everyday. Which does complicate negotiations and presidential power. The first part of trumps quote is accurate. The Washington post is once again misleading, and dishonest which by their standards is a lie.

In the second part of the statement he refers to the phony witchhunt.

The Washington post calls that untrue and is a lie.

First off they don’t know that it wasn’t a witchhunt. The investigation into the motives isn’t over. If that investigation shows that they began the investigation into Trump on lies with predetermined motives it was phony and a witchhunt. The WP can’t possibly know the outcome yet. They were inaccurate, knowingly deceptive and imaginative.By their standard they lied at least 159times .

That’s 160 lies in two post. By their standard.

JUL 30 2019
“Despite the Democrats wanting very unsafe Open Borders & refusing to change the Loopholes & Asylum, tremendous progress is being made the the Southern Border. We all waited because we assumed the Dems would ultimately be forced to change the horrible Immigration Laws.They didn't!”

Repeated 76 times

Topic: Immigration
Source: Twitter
Show details
Trump repeatedly claims that the United States has the loosest immigration laws, but that’s simply not true. In fact, the United States has among the world’s most restrictive laws, placing it 25th among developing nations in welcoming immigrants, according to data from the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development. The president frequently blames Democrats for the current legal system but that’s wrong, too — much of current immigration policy was decided either under a Republican president or through court cases

The first sentence is as far as you need to go. They used the above quote as the example for a lie. But didn’t directly address the quote. Instead they used unrelated facts to their advantage for justification of their claim. In that quote he didn’t directly say anything they read into it. He said some of this at other times so that’s what they should’ve used. This quote was not debunked on its merits. Which is deceptive , purposefully dishonest and misleading.

That by their standards is 76 lies.

Which makes 236 lies in three claims according to their parameters.

At that rate they only need 160 more to surpass Trump ! 😆

I hate unfalsifiable claims that get thrown around as facts. I’m sure WP got some right but the rest are nothing but opinions and the list is inaccurate.

I don’t need to be right on every point. All I have to do is prove they aren’t facts.

Now the unfalsifiable claim that 12,000 lies is a fact falsifiable.

I want revenge! Lol 😇

Hyperbole

edit on 29-8-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

DENY IGNORANCE

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Jeff Bezos owns the post and he hates Trump. So, they made up 12k lies and mischaracterizations to get back at the bad, orange man.
edit on 2019/8/29 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Why would anyone care what the WP claim anyhow? It's clearly biast.

Majority now knows its trumps personality the haters hate and nothing less.

Show me WP a single politician who hasn't lied.

Very perspective orientated fishing trip once again.

No matter how many lies trump tells or has seemed at face value to have told it will never ever remotely compare to 95% of his predecessors.

We would be far worse of by now if not for him.

Time to just ignore the bull and pay it back.

Yeee hahhh.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:30 AM
link   

I would be nice for Trump to sue them for Liable ... all he would have to prove is they lied about one thing.. win that and then take them back to court for number two lie. Then three, four, five, etc etc all the way to the end and win so they also have to pay court cost.. It really needs to be done with these fake news sources.

edit on 727thk19 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Yep that’s completely obvious to us.

Try telling it to a liberal . 😁

I guess I did this more from irritation than anything else.

Like I said I hate when somebody uses a unfalsifiable position when they really believe it. Flat earth isn’t unfalsifiable position. But the people that push it are either trolling or fully convinced. Nothing you can say will change their mind .

Here’s my favorite example on Unfalsifiability.

Example #1:

I have tiny, invisible unicorns living in my anus. Unfortunately, these cannot be detected by any kind of scientific equipment.

Explanation: While it may actually be a fact that tiny, invisible, mythological creatures are occupying this person’s opening at the lower end of the alimentary canal, it is a theory that is constructed so it cannot be falsified in any way; therefore, should not be seriously considered without significant evidence.

^^^ This is significant evidence .

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Man I like your approach here! Bravo!

Let retaliation be severe!

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Bezos would be out of money by number six . Lol

This is a wild passing thought but in many states you can sue for inflicting intentional emotional distress . I doubt you could win any damages. Most likely it would be thrown out at the first appearance .

But wouldn’t it make a statement if 10,000 people filed lawsuits against various news organizations and newspapers across the country .

If they could file in small claims court for minimum damages in most states it wouldn’t cost anything .

The claim is usually made at another person. So you’d have to file against aperson in your state. For instant’s if you live in Georgia you could file against Don lemon . Lol

Extreme or outrageous conduct that
Intentionally or recklessly causes
Severe emotional distress (and possible also bodily harm)

But it’s plausible that you would at least get one court appearance out of it .

Talk about a protest. 😁

Link

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Jeff Bezos owns the post and he hates Trump. So, they made up 12k lies and mischaracterizations to get back at the bad, orange man.

More importantly, the Washington Post bribed FBI officials for "leaks". President Trump's DOJ has been investigating, and gathering names/details, for over a year.

When the final report is issued, the Washington Post, along with other media outlets, will have less prestige than the "Moonshine Times" printed in Elroy's basement.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

Why would anyone care what the WP claim anyhow? It's clearly biast.

Good point. I don’t care about the Washington post .

I care about shutting that narrative down to the best of my ability . How many times have you seen this “lies” claim thrown in people’s faces with a you don’t know nothing superior attitude ? You know it’s not true but you have no way to factually dispute it. Because you can’t prove it’s a lie it’s basically a club used shut down conversations. Just like the 97% consensus with climatologist. They both make the claims and link you to sources who repeat it as fact . But they rarely if ever offer up the actual data .

It took me what might’ve been 10 years before I ran across the survey that the climatologist claim was based on . And it wasn’t true the way they presented it .

Today a particularly nasty liberal I know through this link in my face.

Both he and the Washington post screwed up .

They gave us a weapon that will dispute that claim .

The main reason I posted this was to share it with a ( not the only ) tactic to use it .

Not here but I plan on using this at other places as a bigger club . I can think of at least 20 people who used the claim constantly for the last two years on me . And I know just what to do to get them to present it as fact again . Lol

When I said I wanted revenge, even though I added one of these . 😇

I wasn’t kidding . 😎

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 02:16 AM
link   
This A HOOT! The lying, deceitful, Anti-America WASHINGTON POST questions the ETHICS of CNN for hiring Andrew McCabe!

DUH?: www.redstate.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I love how peeps on here say Trump is a liar yet MSNBC just apologised over their report that a Russian oligarch cosigned his Deutche bank loans.

Hmmm...who is the liar????

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

Let retaliation be severe!

We’re gonna get along.

Even if we don’t get a mic drop moment .

It will change the narrative.

That claim put the people they used it against on the defensive.

Now it’s their turn .

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 04:46 AM
link   
The list is just a bunch of propaganda and fake reporting to create a simple number that the rest of the news media can throw around as a soundbite to indoctrinate the masses.
It's similar to 'There were no scandals in Obama's presidency'. An obvious lie - he is the most scandalous President ever to hold office. But the soundbite is what is important.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 05:30 AM
link   

90% of the time I look at what the media claims about Trump it is a lie. It's crazy how far they have sunk.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Here's a couple of my lol favorites:

Trump: "Yeah, a few years ago I was voted Michigan's 'Man of the Year'.

Michigan's Governor: "Um, we don't have a Man of the Year, and if we did, it would be someone from Michigan".

hahahah

And here:

After the hurricane in Puerto Rico a couple of years ago:

Trump, angrily: "Who is their President? I need to talk to their President!"
Aid whispers: uh, Mr. Trump, YOU are their President. (goes to throw them paper towels)

Trump: I"M the BEST thing that's ever happened to Puerto Rico!

#best liar ever #nobody's a better liar than Donald Trump!

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

I notice you didn't source any of your claims. I would not be at all surprised if it is liberal fake news propaganda.

"Who is their President? I need to talk to their President!" Source Trump saying that so I can see the context.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   

New thread on ATS showcases a democratic city councilman just
ripping into his party's utter lawlessness and lies. Check it out
I came here to post it myself but got robbed of the glory on
that one.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Ha! Do I really need to?

-- common knowledge everywhere but here.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   

It shouldn't be long now until a certain someone drops into this thread to explain that by ignoring context, emphasising certain words, and completely ignoring others this list is 100% true and accurate.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
Here's a couple of my lol favorites:

Trump: "Yeah, a few years ago I was voted Michigan's 'Man of the Year'.

Michigan's Governor: "Um, we don't have a Man of the Year, and if we did, it would be someone from Michigan".

hahahah

And here:

After the hurricane in Puerto Rico a couple of years ago:

Trump, angrily: "Who is their President? I need to talk to their President!"
Aid whispers: uh, Mr. Trump, YOU are their President. (goes to throw them paper towels)

Trump: I"M the BEST thing that's ever happened to Puerto Rico!

#best liar ever #nobody's a better liar than Donald Trump!

Without seeing the exact reasons given or knowing the context . I’ll take a shot at them .

How did the governor know Trump wasn’t referring to being voted man of the year by a local Yooper Kiwanis club or business association ? Lol

That makes their claim unproven but stated as fact. AKA a lie. BTS

The one on Puerto Rico wouldn’t be a lie. It would be a mistake. Characterizing a mistake as a lie is a lie. BTS

Puerto Rico has a long history of corruption. A DOJ corruption investigation recently ended with six indictments . So Trump just might be the best thing that ever happened to Puerto Rico on corruption . Without mind reading technology it cannot be presented as fact that he lied. Presenting it that way is a lie .

Edit:

Eventually somebody’s going to present a quote that is a lie .

The built in reply is

OK that’s 1 now you have 11,999 more to go to prove credibility .

😁

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join