It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Walking Dead death....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 10:56 PM
link   
So i'm rewatching the series, obviously drinking and just don't care about the usual politcal BS around here.

But, for any fan of the series that is all caught up, whats your favorite character sacrifice.

I'm mid season 3, coming up on what I say is the best even from my first watch through....

Merle....what a miserable bastard. A character portrayed as nothing but a horrible person, if not a half ass brother.

In the end? That's some good ass writing. It will continue to be(always be) the best death/sacrifice in this series.
edit on 26-8-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
So i'm rewatching the series, obviously drinking and just don't care about the usual politcal BS around here.

But, for any fan of the series that is all caught up, whats your favorite character sacrifice.

I'm mid season 3, coming up on what I say is the best even from my first watch through....

Merle....what a miserable bastard. A character portrayed as nothing but a horrible person, if not a half ass brother.

In the end? That's some good ass writing. It will continue to be(always be) the best death/sacrifice in this series.

Honestly, I thought Glenn's death was the best, but not in a good way. That had to be the most horrific death ever shown on film imho. I was really surprised they let them show that... it was almost too realistic.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Honestly, I thought Glenn's death was the best, but not in a good way. That had to be the most horrific death ever shown on film imho. I was really surprised they let them show that... it was almost too realistic.

A lot of death in the show, but the reason I always fall back on merle is because of how "selfish" he was. His ego, but in the end he gave up himself for his brother, but also because he "stepped aside" for his brothers "new" family. In the later seasons you saw that, how rick would tell daryl he's his brother(more so than anyone, even shane).

Plus, it had more screen time. Glenn and Abrahams death seemed pretty anti climatic and forced(I really liked abraham). Merle's had some time to simmer, some time to see the decision his character came to. Not by the hand of another, but by his own sacrifice and his own "moral dillema".

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Glen was a good character, on my watch through I saw a bit more depth to his character and hershals acceptance of him(giving him his the watch, etc).

It's a fantastic show, even if most jumped ship later. The first 3-6 seasons are writing gold, especially in todays climate of # TV.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

I stopped watching Walking Dead on the beginning of season 7 because of Glenn's death, so I guess that to me was the most dramatic.

However, I don't watch TV much and have never watched GoT.

Binge watching it now and so far am pretty happy.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

I stopped watching Walking Dead on the beginning of season 7 because of Glenn's death, so I guess that to me was the most dramatic.

I know several that jumped ship, but I've still watched.

I think there is still a lot of good in TWD. It's strayed from some of the core characters, but post season 7 there is still some "magic".

Carol and Daryl, so much depth to those two, well worth the watch.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 11:23 PM
link   
It's such a good #ing show.

So many highlights(especially on a second viewing).

Once again, loved merle sacrifice.

Carol and tyrese at that farmhouse is some of(if not the) darkest # I've seen on TV.

Everything gets stale and runs out of ideas, but I think TWD still has a bit of life left in it. It's got some of the "right people" at the helm. Old school people, they haven't yet(completely) fallen into the doldrums of the current entertainment industry.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Noah in the turn style like entry way was one of my favourites.
The emotion from Daryl when he say Merle was outstanding.

Another wonderful reveal was when Sofia emerged from the barn.

Even this last seasons massive death reveal when Carol saw Henry on a pike.... the music, the reactions, the raw emotion...it was all very good
edit on 26-8-2019 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

Noah in the turn style like entry way was one of my favourites.
The emotion from Daryl when he say Merle was outstanding.

Another wonderful reveal was when Sofia emerged from the barn.

Sofia's death, and rick shooting her, was a pinnacle point in the early part of the series. It moved a lot of characters into their next "phase" if you will.

It was a hell of a scene.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I think there is still a lot of good in TWD. It's strayed from some of the core characters, but post season 7 there is still some "magic".

If you watch something that is supposed to be entertaining and they show a scene that you've seen before but in reality, then you will find that it stirs up a lot of things in your head that you took a lot of time to bury in a really deep hole that is never supposed to be unburied.

They went too far there... for me at least.

I'm happier now with dragons and nekkid chicks and swords.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 11:30 PM
link   

A lot of death in the show, but the reason I always fall back on merle is because of how "selfish" he was. His ego, but in the end he gave up himself for his brother, but also because he "stepped aside" for his brothers "new" family. In the later seasons you saw that, how rick would tell daryl he's his brother(more so than anyone, even shane).

Plus, it had more screen time. Glenn and Abrahams death seemed pretty anti climatic and forced(I really liked abraham). Merle's had some time to simmer, some time to see the decision his character came to. Not by the hand of another, but by his own sacrifice and his own "moral dillema".

Yeah, Merles was poignant. Glenn's was just too realistic for me. Just over the top.

The other that really messed me up was when Carol had to take out that crazy little girl.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 11:30 PM
link   

If you watch something that is supposed to be entertaining and they show a scene that you've seen before but in reality, then you will find that it stirs up a lot of things in your head that you took a lot of time to bury in a really deep hole that is never supposed to be unburied.

They went too far there... for me at least.

I'm happier now with dragons and nekkid chicks and swords.

Well, I'm sorry...

Don't specifically know what you are referring to but I can see you viewpoint.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Yeah, Merles was poignant. Glenn's was just too realistic for me. Just over the top.

The other that really messed me up was when Carol had to take out that crazy little girl.

Glenns almost fell under the whole trope of "we have to kill key characters thing". Merles had a lot of depth to it.

Yes, second runner up for me(as you mentioned) from a character standpoint was the farmhouse debacle with carol and tyrese and the little girls. Huge turning point(very dark) for carol to realize what had to be done, and do it.

On that note. I was pissed when Tyrese died, good character, remember watching that all unfold while I was running scenarios on how "they would save him". He was one of the latter "purities" from a character standpoint, in the show.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Just look at the flowers Lizzy...
Bang!

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
a reply to: Edumakated

Just look at the flowers Lizzy...
Bang!

Pretty twisted, but why this show is still decent in season 9.

Thats how you progress a character. Carol is as much rick, 6 seasons ago, even though she was a "bit" player back then.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I’m glad someone started a thread on The Walking Dead. I’ve had one question/complaint since last season .

They’re all running around with bows arrows and sticks.

Why the hell isn’t Eugene making bullets .

I don’t think I’m overstating the fact that that’s the biggest plot hole I’ve ever seen .

Pardon me for straying off topic but this has been bugging me since five minutes in to episode one of last season .
edit on 27-8-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 12:24 AM
link   
By the way even though he was a short-lived character. Mine was Ozzy who was a rival became a friend and died fearlessly protecting his new friends . That scene gave me cold chills to tell you the truth .

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Yuck. A vain show for sheep who want to feel like part of something.

Didn't watch it once and certainly won't watch again...

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Do they have lead, brass, mills, dies, presses, gun powder, etc? Lol

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Dbl

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join