It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Walking Dead death....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: hombero

They had them at the sanctuary .

The British started making smokeless powder in the 1880s and fulminated mercury Is made from mercury nitric acid and alcohol .

Even if they couldn’t produce a version of smokeless powder. Black powder isn’t hard at all and a lot of weapons from the 1900s and back operate fine with it. Newer weapons can function for a while but will foul out but that’s still better than sticks .

It’s not like they went back to the 15th century .

If I had to guess the time period they are operating now. I would say late 19th century with 21st-century knowledge .
edit on 27-8-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I was totally into TWD...for a while. I made it to about Season 8, but then was out. More on that in a minute.

First, to the OP's question...

I thought Merle's death was kind of a bust actually, a let down.

The best deaths were:

1. How could anyone overlook the epic fight to the death between Rick and Shane in Season 2???

2. Glenn, that whole scene defines the term "epic". And no, I didn't think it was too real or disturbing. It defines who Negan is.

3. Flower kid was pretty awesome also. That kid had to GO!

The one death I WISH I could say was the best is...Carol! I can't stand that character, and just wish for her to get the axe on every episode (one of the reasons I stopped watching is because she just won't die, and she should). Now, they've just about built the entire show around her, and her only.

One of the biggest reasons I stopped watching is because around Season 8 they really started to depart from the original comic book storyline which I thought would have been a much better direction for the show to go than where it did. Plus, the show just seemed to lose its way, like there was no story anymore. And, how many times did there have to be a firefight where everyone was talking about not having any ammo, but suddenly (magically) they get into a skirmish and fire 80,000 rounds of ammo...and don't hit a GD thing???!! ...and Carol STILL doesn't die! (LOL...j/k).

I think it would have been much better for the show to follow (minimally) the Negan gets locked up plot line and has this weird relationship with CaRRRRL. Instead they kill Carl, and Negan goes free. Major screw up IMHO. And then there's Rick. I'd like to go back and calculate how many scenes there were with a beaten down Rick staring at nothing-ness with dramatic music. C'mon Rick...die or get with the program! Boom! Dead Rick. AMC totally blew up the Rick character also.

And what the hell happened with the whole Maggie pregnancy??? She was pregnant for, what, about 6 years??? Plus, I thought they totally blew up the Maggie character. That was like a Lucille bat to the face!

So now, they're so far off the original story line they've painted themselves into a corner. The show had so many opportunities to do great things, but they just got lost. They built up so many great story lines only to just ignore them and let them fizzle...making you go WTF was that all about????

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Here's an option for Season 10-11 (which really should be the end, because they've destroyed too much of the original story now)...

Carol becomes Queen of the Universe in Walking Dead land. (that's what everyone wants anyway). She knifes Maggie in the back when she's sleeping. Rick magically shows up, stares at nothing for a few hours and dramatic music plays...and then suddenly a bunch of people show up and say it was all just an experiment. It was like the Truman Show on steroids, and everyone can go home now. They open up the gates of 'Walking Dead Land' and the outside world is just humming along like normal. And in the final scene (as the camera zooms out)...Carol drops to her knees, shakes her fist in the air and screams...."NOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo!!!" (kind of like a Planet of the Apes ending).

- THE END -

ETA - Alternate Ending - A bunch of people show up and say it was all an experiment (like above), they open up the gates of Walking Dead Land, the camera pans over to Daryl on his bike, he laughs and says..."I knew it!!"...revs up his bike and pulls a big ol' wheelie, runs over Carol when she's screeching at the sky and blows out of the gates off into the sunset. - THE END -
edit on 8/27/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Herschel and The Govenor...

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
a reply to: Fallingdown

Do they have lead, brass, mills, dies, presses, gun powder, etc? Lol

Yeah, they just have to find them. Lead is everywhere, just look at the nearest car for tire weights and the batteries. People made gunpowder long before automation so they should be able to. I just wonder where they're getting their fuel, it should be completely stale and unusable by now.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I'm going to second the turnstyle death of Noah. It proves that Glenn just was too naive to survive this world. Noah died not because of that Nick feller, but because of Glenn being nai e to trust him again.

So # Glenn, stupid #. He deserv d to dearly depart. And Carol is the only being that will Outlast even the cockroaches of a nuclear Armageddon.

I would love to see a one shot cross over of walking dead and z nation though, that could be very productive.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I really loved the series but after season 4 the series got a bit boring. The Negan character was stretched way too much. I don't know when they are bringing the finale.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
When Glenn "bumped" into Lucille I wasn't that touched.

The main reason being I must have missed something (maybe due to our electricity blackouts in South Africa), and I was under the impression the walkers already ate him in a previous episode.
I recall him falling from a dustbin or a car or something into a whole herd of walkers.

Was that a Mandela effect, or just deceptive camera angles?

It left me feeling a bit cheated about the character, unless I'm imaging something that never happened.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman
Lol I called it perfectly when it first happened with everyone at my job. I said it appears that Nick's body fell on top of Glenn, which provided a nice meat shield against teeth and nails. With the mad feeding frenzy of fresh meat, he was able to slip under that dumpster on wheels. I was still having fun dumpster diving at the time, so I remember how much space was under those styles of dumpsters with wheels.

It felt very good calling it perfectly at work with the I told you so's and the ahas!

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Only if they bring Rick back, the show could gain some momentum. Else, it's end of Walking dead. They are just making for the sake of adding extra seasons. Fear the walking is better than The Walking dead. Even you could watchseriesonline for free on Vudu and Tubitv.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join