It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The first lady has gotten to know Kim Jong Un''????

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   
The first lady has gotten to know Kim Jong Un and I think she'd agree with me, he is a man with a country that has tremendous potential,"

But has she? According to White House spokeswoman  Stephanie Grisham , Mrs. Trump has NEVER met Kim Jong Un.

So, before crowds of people and a world wide audience, Mr. Trump has let fall from his mouth one more untruth. His wife has never met Kim Jong Un.

So how, we might question ourselves could she have gotten to know him if she has never met him. Well, Stephanie Grisham has come up with an answer. She told reporters, ''"President Trump confides in his wife on many issues including the detailed elements of his strong relationship with Chairman Kim – and while the First Lady hasn't met him, the President feels like she's gotten to know him too,"

The ''detailed elements”??? Come on, gimme a break.

Now here's a point of consideration. If we are to believe Grisham, the President confides in his wife, one. Two, she is of such caliber that just by listening to her husbands accounts of Kim, she to feels that she knows him.

OK. That is if we believe any of that in the first place. I don't.

President Trump may not even know when he is telling the truth and when he is not. It may just flow from his mouth because it sounds good to him. It may be that he wants to brag about his relationship with Kim and to bolster that claim, he adds his wife into the mix.

Do I fault him for this ? Well, not so much. Not so much if he were just the template for the Joh Lovitz character on SNL, remember that guy?

I don't believe that Trump thinks he is lying. He dosen't see it as lying. He just sees it as saying something, whatever something that comes to mind that makes him sound good. Truth doesn’t matter if it sounds good.

But the problem does not stop with the President's pathology, it goes further than that. In order to ''cover'' for his pathology, others, in this case, Stephanie Grisham, White House spokeswoman are forced to make things up, to fabricate truth to fit his illness.

Are we to think that Grisham consulted with Trump over that incongruity? Hah, I doubt it. Maybe she did but most likely she just made it up to cover his ass.

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Trump lied about Melania getting to know Kim, because she never met him in person?

Quite a reeeeeeach there, Terry.
edit on 26-8-2019 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Is this a complaint or a therapeutic cry for help?

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I got to know you a little better just because of this post.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I think it highlights a very prominent feature of Trump's personality. I have gone past the point that it is brilliant strategy or "master trolling".

Pathelogical lying is the only conclusion we are left with. Too bad so many people have lost their objectivity to really discuss these matters on ATS.

Peace

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrNeo
I got to know you a little better just because of this post.

By the OP's standards...you're a liar...if you never met him in person.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   
So you made a long winded post about assumptions you made about assumptions other people made...and then you guys wonder why most people here blow you off...sheesh

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   

what I hear you saying is "Orange man bad!" does that sum it up?

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   

President Trump may not even know when he is telling the truth and when he is not. It may just flow from his mouth because it sounds good to him.

I'd hope this would be apparent to everyone at this point. While that trait doesn't really mean anything when you're a shady real estate developer, as President of the United States it's a perversion of everything the office supposedly stands for.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: funbobby

what I hear you saying is "Orange man bad!"

You need to get your hearing checked.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: funbobby

What I hear him saying is Orange Man can not tell the truth or doesn't know the difference between the truth and a lie. If an eight year old told the amount of lies our President does, he'd be looked at by a professional.

And some of us do not think our President is "bad". We think he's an idiot.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Melania probably reading those Trump/Un letters.

Maybe she's "writing" too 😎

The "untwisted" quote from The WH...

“President Trump confides in his wife on many issues including the detailed elements of his strong relationship with Chairman Kim,” she said. “And while the First Lady hasn’t met him, the President feels like she’s gotten to know him too.”

zourze

💫🤣🤣💫

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Let us say that the 1st Lady has never met Lil Kim in person. Do we have any way of knowing whether or not they have talked on the phone, e-mail each other, are Facebook friends, follow each other on Twitter or Instagram or try out each other's Pinterest projects or recipes? How about whether or not they are pen pals, in an online book or movie club together, etc?

Lots of ways to get to know someone. Met my own husband here on ATS so....

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Who are you?

I don’t believe we’ve met ?

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Considering how many very vocal Trump critics and detractors claim to "know all about him" and profess the ability to read behind everything the man says as if they believe they're inside his very skin on a daily basis, in spite of the fact that few if any of them have ever met the man, let alone had personal time with him, this criticism by you strikes me as... odd.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

President Trump may not even know when he is telling the truth and when he is not. It may just flow from his mouth because it sounds good to him.

I'd hope this would be apparent to everyone at this point. While that trait doesn't really mean anything when you're a shady real estate developer, as President of the United States it's a perversion of everything the office supposedly stands for.

Quoted for hilarity.

Normal people in America want positive results from their President.

We are getting that.

As far as parsing a sentence to scream "Liar!!!" or making the amazing amount of leaps of logic that the OP has just made to simply reinforce a confirmation bias, the only people that care are the "Orange Man Bad" crowd.

Let's face it... in 2020 a lot of Americans are going to vote with their wallets in mind.

Others are going to vote based on the 95% negative media coverage of your President.

Let's see where that goes.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   

He also, recently, lied about a phone call with "China", attending the Climate Conference, and the reason Putin/Russia got kicked out of the G-8.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

That's why I tend to blow off posts like these...not because its a differing view point...I actually enjoy learning and different view points are essential to that. It's because 99% of the time the original quote is so twisted or the original sourced material makes so many assumptions that it's just impossible to take seriously. Then add in the posters bias and its a done deal...you just have to call it out or exit stage left not giving a flying f#%!.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
With Trump, there's a fine line between lying and exaggerating. I attribute it to his exceptional confidence. No matter if you like him or hate him, he commands attention and, I dare say, respect. I know people who are supremely confident and they tend to stretch the truth. Part of that is because they believe so completely in a goal or achievement. There's a lot to be said about thinking you'll achieve something with actually achieving the goal. It's called positive thinking.

It's great that we're nitpicking the little things instead of big gaffs that affect our personal lives. Did Melania really meet Un? Who cares. All politicians lie to us. At least Trump is doing it without trying to screw you while he's lying. That's a big difference.

MAGA

edit on 8-26-2019 by LogicalGraphitti because: spelling and grammar cleanup

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: xuenchen

That's why I tend to blow off posts like these...not because its a differing view point...I actually enjoy learning and different view points are essential to that. It's because 99% of the time the original quote is so twisted or the original sourced material makes so many assumptions that it's just impossible to take seriously. Then add in the posters bias and its a done deal...you just have to call it out or exit stage left not giving a flying f#%!.

I think that's where a lot of us are...

The first 100 times or so the left screamed "Trump LIED!!!" I did my due diligence, went through what the "lie" was, found the sources and made a conclusion.

After things like the Charlottesville comment (there are good people on both sides) being so taken out of context and the lie sold to the American people as gospel, I found that any time someone screamed "Trump LIES!!!" I kinda gave up on the subject because, quite simply, the little Orange Man Bad boys and girls had already screamed wolf so many times that it didn't matter anymore.

That coupled with the fiasco that was the Mueller report, the staunch refusal of the left to STILL acknowledge that their own media sold them a load of crap but they still line up for the next lie and now the "Trump is racist and so is everyone that votes for him" BS that you just can't take the left seriously anymore, no matter what the topic.

THEY made this situation and are now wondering why nobody takes them at their word.

It's because of their own track record on all things Trump.

So yea... at the end of the day it doesn't matter what anyone says about Trump anymore.

Just keep the wins for actual Americans coming and I'm fine with that.

edit on 26-8-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join