It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you vote for Trump we can't be friends

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: funbobby
a reply to: Wayfarer

says a troll who couldn't find even a single nazi or white supremicist who threatened to move to Canada because Obama!
Says someone who is flailing and flailing in defense of a failed tu quoque fallacy.

Oh I found it, and showed you and everyone else in the thread who cared to click on it. Your argument is because it wasn't Canada that its invalid just shows you're grasping for straws just as I said you would. In that much I can appreciate you confirming my previous assertions about you.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
a reply to: JAGStorm

When John McCain was being touted as the most racist man in America for running against Barack Obama, the media could have added the caveat "except for Donald Trump." Same thing when Mitt Romney took the title from McCain. But no, Trump wasn't even on the media's radar, even though they knew what an evil man he was.

This kind of crap is why we cannot be friends. You easily believe things that are not true, but that are very divisive. I don't recall anyone being called racist for simply running against Obama.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Nope, pointing out your pathetic attempts to move the goalposts to try to validate your invalid you also fallacy is not grasping at straws. i mocked all the snowflakes who said they would move to Canada but didn't upon Trumps election, then you tried to say "you also" but of course they are not me and none of them seem to have threatened to move to Canada like you falsely claimed.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: funbobby

They are there as well dude, but as I said it wouldn't matter since its clear you will move the goalpost further (since you aren't here to discuss in earnest anyways, hence why you are a troll).

These folks exist

Pray-tell what minor detail now invalidates this I wonder? I imagine some combination of 'hurr-durr they've fake and you're fake and nobody never did nuthin never ever nyah!'

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I haven't moved the goalposts at all. Now you are just projecting. If you actually read any of the tweets in that article you would see they are almost all people claiming on twitter that their parents were threatening to move to Canada, they did have a single tweet of one person making the threat, but of course there is no way to know if that was Nazi or White supremacist, or if they in fact moved to Canada or not, it is very weak sauce but I will give you points for that. Congratulations on finding one person who said they would move to Canada if Obama was elected, that was all you had to do, why was it so hard? Why didn't you just do that instead of all that other crying and blubbering?

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I haven't moved the goalposts at all. Now you are just projecting. If you actually read any of the tweets in that article you would see they are almost all people claiming on twitter that their parents were threatening to move to Canada, they did have a single tweet of one person making the threat, but of course there is no way to know if that was Nazi or White supremacist, or if they in fact moved to Canada or not, it is very weak sauce but I will give you points for that. Congratulations on finding one person who said they would move to Canada if Obama was elected, that was all you had to do, why was it so hard? Why didn't you just do that instead of all that other crying and blubbering?

I'm bummed I have to explain this.

Because I initially gave you the benefit of the doubt that you were debating in good faith and not harping on inconsequential details to 'win' your argument. Once I realized that you weren't, I went and collected an example in 30 seconds (you know, since its so freaking hard to find because it didn't happen as you say).

edit on 35am19famTue, 27 Aug 2019 11:46:13 -0500America/ChicagoTue, 27 Aug 2019 11:46:13 -0500 by Wayfarer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Funny, when you are caught being wrong then it is an inconsequential detail. What's the difference between a concentration camp and being placed in a relative's home? Inconsequential.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: funbobby

That would be a good point if I was wrong, but unfortunately for you I wasnt.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Have you been right yet?

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   
These Democrat liberals are nothing like the world has seen

A real retarded group.

Wont be friends over politics, ha ha ha ha....

These people are all over social media,

Trump is a straight white Male so these people can go all out on their criticisms.

Anyone else they cant say boo...

Many have been holding it in for 8 years. Unable to critique the last president because he was half black.

Now they can finally release

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Have you been right yet?

I dunno, you mean like this, "Congratulations on finding one person who said they would move to Canada if Obama was elected, that was all you had to do, why was it so hard?"

edit on 35pm19fpmTue, 27 Aug 2019 14:41:42 -0500America/ChicagoTue, 27 Aug 2019 14:41:42 -0500 by Wayfarer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Had you claimed "One person tweeted a threat to move to Canada and I don't know if they were a white supremicist or a Nazi or actually moved to Canada or not but that is totally the same as the hordes of Democrats who did that in response to Trump." Then you would be right.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Had you claimed "One person tweeted a threat to move to Canada and I don't know if they were a white supremicist or a Nazi or actually moved to Canada or not but that is totally the same as the hordes of Democrats who did that in response to Trump." Then you would be right.

Had you not claimed an absolute then I wouldn't be able to be right, but you foolishly did, so all I had to do was find one. I would recommend next time not speaking in absolutes but lets be honest, you weren't saying anything in good faith anyways, so continue spewing nonsense in the expectation that nobody countermands your mistakes.

Last point, your own counterpoint is spurious, since you can't prove hordes of liberals left for Canada either. I would normally have brought that up earlier but I've given up on any expectation of self-assessment and just expect everything coming from you to be dripping with hypocrisy.
edit on 35pm19fpmTue, 27 Aug 2019 14:55:21 -0500America/ChicagoTue, 27 Aug 2019 14:55:21 -0500 by Wayfarer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I didn't even vote for Trump and I lost tons of *fake* friends simply because I don't hate him enough.

Meh....no big loss, let the Left eat one another...

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   

" your own counterpoint is spurious, since you can't prove hordes of liberals left for Canada either."

I am sure I never claimed they did, you keep getting everything wrong, perhaps you should use quotes of me saying these things instead of making things up as you go.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   

" your own counterpoint is spurious, since you can't prove hordes of liberals left for Canada either."

I am sure I never claimed they did, you keep getting everything wrong, perhaps you should use quotes of me saying these things instead of making things up as you go.

Why would I do anything for you exactly? You've already shown your a troll with the intent just to stir # up? I'd rather just let you entertain me for however much longer you want to waste your time.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

There now, you see, that's just plain idiocy.

Divorce over an election...really?

Given many, though hopefully not most, peoples incredible ability to over-react to stuff--maybe I shouldn't be too surprised.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

I know, right?

I didn't vote for him, either. I've been called a bigot, or many another name, because my attitude is "He's not doing too horribly...", or "We've had worse Presidents."

(post by funbobby removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I am friends, in real life and on social media, with A LOT of Trump supporters. I see stuff like this from my leftie friends as well, but I also see it from them. A guy who was my best friend for a long time has blocked me, and his mother among others, on Facebook because we dislike Trump. I see posts like, "I VoaTed 4 TrumP AnD wILL agin n 2020 iF u donT lIKe It U cAN unFrenD Me" at least once a month. Or, 2 scoops, 2 genders, 2 terms, etc... Trump supporters are no better. Hell, last week a saw a dude yelling at a walmart door greeter, because she asked for his receipt. MAGA hat, and a shirt with a Confederate flag that read, "Trump 2020. F*ck your feelings". Idiots are rampant on both sides.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join