It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you vote for Trump we can't be friends

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Gaps in a border fence are not legal ports of entry.

Economic hardship is not a reason for asylum.

You can scream, shout and have all the false moral outrage you want, it just makes you look simple-minded or a liar.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Gaps in a border fence are not legal ports of entry.

Economic hardship is not a reason for asylum.

You can scream, shout and have all the false moral outrage you want, it just makes you look simple-minded or a liar.

Please explain to me how you know the situations of every immigrant applying for asylum. How you know for certain that economic hardship is the reason for the majority of asylum requests. If you can prove that without a doubt I will concede my point. As I see it, you're just taking assumptions and trying to use them as facts.

And again, please explain to me why committing a misdemeanor warrants harsher treatment than murderers and rapists receive while locked up? What is it about these migrants that make you believe they deserve treatment that would get any other prison in America shut down?

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   

80% of "asylum" seekers are from economic hardship.

And I don't give a good god-damn if it's a misdemeanor or a felony, it's breaking the effing law!

I am so sick of you open border types!

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   

If you vote for Trump we can't be friends

Then they were not truly a friend

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

And I don't give a good god-damn if it's a misdemeanor or a felony, it's breaking the effing law!

I am so sick of you open border types!

You should care about the difference between a misdemeanor and a felony. Unless it's ok with you to be locked in a cage with 200 other people for jaywalking.

THE LAW IS THE LAW! It's funny you say that in one breath and in the other talk about your lack of care for the severity of the law broken.

But whatever, I really dont know what I was expecting at this point. You guys have a vested interest in promoting this "open borders" idea that exists only in your fevered heads. All I want is humane treatment for the people that come here searching for a better life.

Its painfully obvious you dont agree with me on that. And that's fine. It's your right to be an uncaring D-Bag. Just dont try to act high and mighty as if lacking empathy is a positive thing.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   
And yet,

Trump is most definitely going to win next years election

Nobody can deny that

I (don’t) feel sorry for the reeeeeeee crowd

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   

So the swarm over the border illegally and their real hope is to never have to try declaring asylum. How do they live in this country, do you suppose, without things like ID? Hmmm? In order to work legally, you have to have things like a social security number, niceties like that. Things they have to steal.

Identity theft is *not* a small crime.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

So the swarm over the border illegally and their real hope is to never have to try declaring asylum. How do they live in this country, do you suppose, without things like ID? Hmmm? In order to work legally, you have to have things like a social security number, niceties like that. Things they have to steal.

Identity theft is *not* a small crime.

And working "under the table" and not declaring the income is considered tax fraud, and is illegal as well, right?

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   

DON"T EVEN SPEAK about not wanting open borders!

You want to decriminalize illegal entry, you want them to have a free pass at everything, while good hard-working people actually follow the law and wait forever to become American citizens.

YOU are the problem!

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Sad thing is they think this will convert Trump voters to vote progressive.

They are falling for Saul Alinsky's #5

. “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions.

But in reality, think about it. Someone tells you, you are a terrible awful no good (ist/ism) person, you are an idiot for what you believe, I am superior to you, if you don't think as I do I won't be your friend. What is the normal person's reaction? It certainly isn't "You are right, I am stupid, please forgive me for not seeing how enlightened you are, I will convert to your way of thinking, my master."

This is the theory that people like the OP's friend are operating on and what is being encouraged and propagated daily. It is the #1 tactic in the playbook of "the squad" and those they control.

I think Saul is wrong - ridicule is the most potent way to make an enemy for life. Someone who will let hell freeze over before they agree with you ever again. Certainly they won't ever vote for who you insist they must, or else.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

It does consolidate their control over those who follow them though.

Think about it.

How many potential friends has this lady in the OP cut, people like the OP who don't think with her orthodoxy? Once you've got them voluntarily shutting themselves into their own little groups, isolating themselves, you control them. You tell them what you want them to think, and they have pretty well defined their social parameters. They've self-ostracized themselves from anyone who might be sympathetic if they might tend toward second thoughts on a thing, so they're far more likely to go along then risk being exiled from the only social group they have left.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I proudly embrace my membership in the old folk's club. One of the things the old folks in my day taught me was "never trust the government".

I worked for the Federal government, I was active in the military, and I presently work for the State. I have never been lulled and I sure as hell never felt secure or felt that our system of government was concrete.

I will admit that my generation made the mistake of thinking that if we provided for our children and gave them all the things that we never had, that their lives would be better. We didn't realize until it was too late, that the struggle we fought to keep our heads above water, and the sacrifices we made for our children, is what made us strong and gave us purpose. By working so our children didn't have to, has not turned out the way we had hoped.

It is so easy for people to blame Trump for the ills of our country but our country was in trouble long before Trump, and there is no light at the end of the tunnel, as long as we wait for a person in the White House to rescue us.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Apparently everything was perfect before Trump but as soon as he was elected, millions turned into racist Nazi's that hate immigrants and the gays.

I blame witchcraft. Only thing that makes sense.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
I proudly embrace my membership in the old folk's club. One of the things the old folks in my day taught me was "never trust the government".

I worked for the Federal government, I was active in the military, and I presently work for the State. I have never been lulled and I sure as hell never felt secure or felt that our system of government was concrete.

I will admit that my generation made the mistake of thinking that if we provided for our children and gave them all the things that we never had, that their lives would be better. We didn't realize until it was too late, that the struggle we fought to keep our heads above water, and the sacrifices we made for our children, is what made us strong and gave us purpose. By working so our children didn't have to, has not turned out the way we had hoped.

It is so easy for people to blame Trump for the ills of our country but our country was in trouble long before Trump, and there is no light at the end of the tunnel, as long as we wait for a person in the White House to rescue us.

So true. There is a scene in afavorite film of mine, McLintock! In the scene he tries to explain to his young daughter why he is not going to pass his vast estate and money to her upon his death. He plans to give her a small spread of land with a small number of cattle to start her life with her new husband. He explains that her struggle to make it is more important than all the money in the world.

I love that scene because it is soooooo true. The struggles one goes through in life are what build character, makes a person appreciate things more, and lays a solid foundation toward understanding how to overcome life's setbacks without snapping. When someone is given everything at their whim, and not afforded the chance to earn it, they will never learn the value of it or that when it is lost, there is a way to adjust and overcome using your own perseverance and drive.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

don't really care what you are , the hate is not one sided .

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 10:27 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

Community Announcement re: Decorum

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 12:12 AM
link   
so what happens when trump is off the scene will they want to be friends then i wonder reply to: JAGStorm

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:14 AM
link   

From the article :

We note that this passage means that ORR made some effort to ascertain the status of children placed with sponsors and were unable to determine where some 1,475 of those children were, because those sponsors were unreachable by telephone or didn’t respond. This doesn’t mean those children are “missing” in the sense of being outside the home, control, or care of their guardians, but rather that the ORR couldn’t verify their exact whereabouts at the moment.

Also, look at this:

When a UAC is placed with a sponsor, he or she ceases to be in the custody of the U.S. government and all HHS-provided subsistence — food, shelter, clothing, healthcare and education — ends at that point and the child becomes the responsibility of his or her parent, guardian or sponsor.

Most UAC's are released to parents or family members. Now you are bashing the govt for releasing kids to their families? Should the govt just detain UACs? Trump can never do right with you I guess.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Thats an interesting question.
Im not sure anything will.go back to "normal".

a reply to: Steveogold

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Yes, too many felt it was enough to take the sting out of life while explaining why they were.

That's where the popular Saturday Night Live character Grumpy Old Man came from.

They're basically making fun of the people who talked about how tough they had it. Now, Grumpy Old Man was really funny, but he sort of grows out of what you're talking about. And we've escalated it to now where people are so risk and adversity averse that they can't handle the concept of children losing at children's games even -- everyone gets a participation trophy!

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join