It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING Special prosecutor named to investigate Jussie Smollett charges and why they were dropped

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Breaking now in Chicago, it looks like a judge has appointed a special prosecutor to look into why the charges were dropped against Jussie Smollettt. This is what we've been asking for, and finally its happening! I cant wait to hear about the findings, and hopefully this ends Kim Foxx's career for good!.

Former U.S. Attorney Dan Webb named special prosecutor to look into dismissal of Jussie Smollett charges

From the article

Former U.S. Attorney Dan Webb on Friday was appointed special prosecutor to look into why State’s Attorney Kim Foxx’s office abruptly dropped all charges against actor Jussie Smollett. The appointment was announced by Judge Michael Toomin during a hearing at the Leighton Criminal Court Building. Webb was sworn in shortly after the announcement. “Very well. Congratulations,” the judge said as he shook Webb’s hand. As special prosecutor, Webb will bring on a team of attorneys to assist in the probe. They will wield extensive power to follow the probe where it leads, including investigating “the actions of any person or office involved in all aspects of the case,” Toomin has said. They could also file new charges against Smollett — or anyone else they reasonably believe committed a crime. Webb told reporters after the hearing he plans to request the appointment of a special grand jury, and he wants to meet with Smollett’s lawyers early on. He also said his firm would not charge legal fees in this case. “We are going to do the entire matter, start to finish, pro bono.” Smollett, the onetime “Empire” actor who is African American and openly gay, reported that two men attacked him on a frigid January night in downtown Chicago, slipping a noose around his neck and shouting racist and homophobic slurs. After an intense investigation by Chicago police, Smollett eventually turned from victim to suspect. He ended up indicted on 16 counts of disorderly conduct alleging he paid $3,500 to two brothers he knew to stage the attack near his apartment building in the Streeterville neighborhood. But just a few weeks later, Foxx’s office dropped all charges with little explanation. Sheila O’Brien, a former state appellate judge, sought the special prosecutor in largely a solo effort, saying her only motive in spearheading the effort was to ensure respect for the law. In June, Toomin ordered the appointment in a somewhat unexpected ruling, saying the case’s “unprecedented irregularities” warranted the appointment “to restore the public’s confidence in the integrity of our criminal justice system.” Toomin -- who has been on the Circuit Court bench for nearly 40 years - ruled Foxx’s botched decision to appoint her top deputy to prosecute Smollett after recusing herself invalidated the case from start to finish. The appointment of a special prosecutor marks the first step in what promises to be a full-blown probe of how Foxx’s office made the controversial decision to drop the charges. The investigation could cast a cloud over Foxx’s bid for reelection next year.

Article

+29 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

I hope justice will be served. Jussie Smollett and his fraudulent hoaxed, self-orchestrated "hate crime"/bigoted/politically charged crime is one of the many things that's wrong with our society today

PS Jussie is a racist

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   
yay

“the actions of any person or office involved in all aspects of the case,”

and the end begins for the ugandan giant

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

I hope justice will be served. Jussie Smollett and his fraudulent hoaxed, self-orchestrated "hate crime"/bigoted/politically charged crime is one of the many things that's wrong with our society today

PS Jussie is a racist

I agree, he certainly is! And the type of BS narrative he tried to sell could have started race wars, but thankfully, he told such a bizarre story, no one from Chicago believed it. Im from Chicago, and NOBODY and I mean NOBODY on the streets at 2am, during a polar vortex when its 15 below zero out. And you especially wont be finding no MAGA hat wearing racists, who are tageting a gay - african american actor from a show they dont watch with bleach... it never made any sense from the start... and then the poor city had to spend countless manpower investigating this obvious hoax... I hope justice is service to Jussie.. lets hope the book is tossed at him, and also at the people who tried to sweep this under the rug, ie Kim Foxx & her team.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   

It might have something to do with the way it went down..

Smollett wasn’t the one who called the police and the person who did , did not know it was fake...

Apparently, for credibility they had the “straight laced “ manager there “who wouldn’t lie” to be the unknowing witness..

Smollett and Co , planning on telling social media and such for publicity, but not wanting to involve the cops..

Well the manager , who wasn’t in on it , INSISTED they call police , and Smollett and crew froze not knowing what the hell to do them..

Or atleast that is the story I heard, and would likely negate criminal charges..

Maybe the manager helped them fabricate that story to avoid prosecution, but since they are admitting to being idiots , I think a couple jurors buy it.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Many of the attorneys who work under Kim Foxx are afraid of her. I was talking to one of them last week. She's the Chicago version of Hillary Clinton.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

PS Jussie is a racist

He must be made an example of. This behavior is becoming far too common these days.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   

PS Jussie is a racist

How??

You do realize racism has an actual definition, that you do not to rewrite in an attempt to use an “I know you are but what am I defense”..

Smollett faking a hate crime makes him a liar, shill, POS, and countless other derogatory names, but racist is not one of them..

Racism is the belief that one or more races are superior/inferior to one or more races..

Falsely accusing someone of being a racist, is not the belief that one or more races is superior/inferior..

Obviously

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

What is your definition of racism???

What dictionary did you get it from???

I am positive that falsely accusing someone of being a racist, is not listed as a definition for racism ANYWHERE..

Well except Fox News types lol..

You know those constantly convinced the dictionary is lying to them..

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

www.advocate.com...

what a coincidence

Booker spoke on the floor about the importance of the anti-lynching legislation and referenced actor Jussie Smollet, hours after the actor was on Good Morning America. The openly gay star was the victim of an alleged hate crime last month where a rope was put around his neck by two white men, according to local police reports. "Justice for the victims of lynching has been too long denied and as we look forward we must collectively in this body make a strong, unequivocal statement," the senator, who is running for U.S. president in the 2020 cycle, stated. Harris, who has also pointed to Smollett’s attack as evidence to why their bill should become law, echoed these sentiments. "We must confront hate in our country... We are now making clear there will be serious, swift and severe consequences," the senator, who is also a presidential hopeful, said on the floor.

booker better get tbone on the phone

+24 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny

I am positive that falsely accusing someone of being a racist, is not listed as a definition for racism ANYWHERE..

I would say trying to condemn all white Maga hat wearing types as possible suspects in tying a noose and bleaching a black man qualifies him.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   
No investigation needed...
Can we just check this black card toting frilly POS down as a product of affirmative action and move on with our lives yet?

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny

Honestly, what are you getting at here? Are you one of those peeps who find themselves in Jussie's corner defending him? Do you really believe he was attacked? Do you really believe White MAGA hat wearing guys tied a noose around his neck, dumped bleach on him, roughed him up and yelled "this is MAGA country" to him at 2am during the polar vortex in downtown Chicago creating a media frenzy???

+22 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

Unbelievable anyone could defend Smollett or his actions, but here you are!

He said the perpetrators were white (even though they were his Nigerian friends, who were not white). Their plan also involved bleach and a noose... obviously those 2 factors of the "ATTACK" also have major racist connotations.

If a person of any ethnicity fakes a "hate crime" against themselves and blames another race, that is in itself racism. The fact that he/they orchestrated a plan with so many racist under(/over)tones, and Jussie still plays the victim says it all. Despicable and unforgivable hoax, and then the corruption that this thing wreaks of is an entirely DIFFERENT dynamic that the public should be outraged about.

End of discussion.

edit on 23-8-2019 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

You're gonna have to excuse that poster. They obviously have forgotten the definition of racism since they use it to label anything the right does.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   
racist or not smollett is a turd of epic proportions
the level of scummy action by the perp and the state in this instance is gargantuan

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny
Thank yo Johnny, That fleshes out the story a bit as to why it was dropped, though this special prosecutor will hopefully bring this whole comic mess to an end.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire
staged race hate crimes are comic?
sure they are

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

The libs like definitions to expand and contract according to the situation and how it aligns with their agenda. Standard M.O.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Here's a question for you. If this special prosecutor can find no wrong doing on the part of the State Attorney, will you then accept that finding or, then discount this special prosecutor as biased or whatever and then demand another, higher, super special prosecutor to investigate this special prosecutor.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join