It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans Migrated to Mongolia Much Earlier Than Previously Believed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I really do hope the weather was better 45,000 years ago in Mongolia than it is today !! The article does say it was warmer and wetter back then according to geological evidence so good for that !

This latest finding from a dig sight pushes back settlers in the area to 45,000+ ago. They have also found similar tools in Siberia so no telling how many had settled in and all over the region..? Still in my humble opinion 45 thousand years ago is a darn long time.

Stone tools uncovered in Mongolia by an international team of archaeologists indicate that modern humans traveled across the Eurasian steppe about 45,000 years ago, according to a new University of California, Davis, study. The date is about 10,000 years earlier than archaeologists previously believed.

The site also points to a new location for where modern humans may have first encountered their mysterious cousins, the now extinct Denisovans, said Nicolas Zwyns, an associate professor of anthropology and lead author of the study.

Here is something I had not heard before about the Denisovans..

“Although we don’t know yet where the meeting happened, it seems that the Denisovans passed along genes that will later help Homo sapiens settling down in high altitude and to survive hypoxia on the Tibetan Plateau,” Zwyns said. “From this point of view, the site of Tolbor-16 is an important archaeological link connecting Siberia with Northwest China on a route where Homo sapiens had multiple possibilities to meet local populations such as the Denisovans.”

www.ucdavis.edu...
www.nature.com... BwsjmQwZZ4yslxjcFq2WsYvqsKp3g8jmXvi2BZmnaaW7dDhIupbEaM4YNKut7TDDbHS_saY8YUXw%3D%3D

Although models for H. sapiens’ early dispersals out of Africa emphasize a southern route to Asia1–5, Neanderthal and Modern Human (MH) fossils in Siberia6–9 suggest that at least two other dispersals took place across the Eurasian steppe north of the Asian high mountains. Given the size of the area considered, human fossils are few but recent studies have suggested that a major change in the regional archaeological record could be indicative of a large-scale human dispersal event. Known as the Initial Upper Palaeolithic (IUP), it refers to the sudden appearance in contiguous regions of a specific blade technology sometimes associated with bone tools and orna-ments10–17. How old these assemblages are, and how long the phenomenon lasts are still controversial questions, and little is known about the timing and environmental context of these population movements. Here we present

edit on 727thk19 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   
The fact is, man was always on the move back then.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Very interesting to say it was much warmer back then. Too much carbon?

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

Maybe Dinosaur's passing gas (farts) ?

In spite of what you see on the news it has been warmer several times than today in Earth's past history according to many different geological records. Once it was so warm the poles were ice free and even the dinosaurs roamed.... I figure you already know that so I just said it for a few others who claim we are all Al Gore doomed.
edit on 727thk19 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

We're still only around 11,000 years out of the last glacial period. My guess is it warms significantly more before the next glacial period.

top topics

join