It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Teen Murders Unborn "Twins" at Mothers Request

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 05:36 AM
link   

"LUFKIN, Texas (AP) - The would-be teen mother arrived by ambulance last May, her belly bruised, the twin fetuses she carried for five months gone and her lips tightly sealed.

Authorities assumed 16-year-old Erica Basoria had been beaten and charged her boyfriend, 18-year-old Gerardo "Jerry" Flores, with murder under the state's new law protecting the unborn.

But it wasn't that simple. Basoria told authorities she had been trying to kill the fetuses for weeks and finally asked Flores to help by stepping on her stomach.

"When I was four months pregnant, I began to show, and at that time I decided that I should have gotten an abortion," Basoria wrote in an affidavit.

Although Flores faces prosecution, Basoria can't be charged because the new law - like many others across the nation - bans prosecution of mothers on the grounds that they have a legal right to end pregnancies. The case has attorneys on both sides questioning the fairness of a statute that considers one person's crime another person's constitutional right.

"How can two people conspire to do something like this and only one of them be punished? How can that be fair?" defense attorney Ryan Deaton asked.

Prosecutor Clyde Herrington said it was startling that "they completely leave the female out of the criminal penalty."

"It doesn't seem entirely fair," Herrington said.

The couple had been dating just over a year when Basoria became pregnant in January 2004. They talked about the future, and Flores, a senior at Lufkin High School pursuing a soccer scholarship, said he offered to delay college a year until Basoria graduated.

The pregnancy changed everything. Both were scared. Neither had a job. And there were two babies.

Basoria didn't return calls for comment, but wrote in an affidavit that her family encouraged an abortion: "They said I was too young to have children."

Flores' mother, Norma, shunned the idea, saying "It's a life that wants to live."

At four months, when the mirror betrayed her first bulge, Basoria wanted out. She feigned taking prenatal vitamins and jogged when she wasn't supposed to.

"About two weeks before the miscarriage, I started hitting myself," Basoria wrote. "I would do this every other day and I would use both of my fists when I did this. I would hit myself 10 or more times."

Then she turned to her boyfriend.

"I said I didn't want to do it," he recalled. But she kept pleading, he said, until he agreed to step on her.

The night of the miscarriage, the couple fought and Flores acknowledged to police "accidentally, probably" hitting Basoria in the face, though Basoria said he wasn't regularly abusive.

Later, he awoke to Basoria's screams and found her crying, bleeding and hunched on the toilet. Flores' mother and sister went to the hospital and Flores stayed behind, cleaning up the blood and returning to bed.

Flores has since been charged with capital murder, though prosecutors aren't seeking the death penalty. He remains in jail, awaiting a trial date. His family learned of his arrest from TV and couldn't believe the charge.

"Murder sounds like when you go out there and kill somebody. But the baby's unborn," said Flores' sister, Maira. "It would have been different if they were born already and he killed them."

www.lasvegassun.com...

Here the "mother" wants to murder her twins, gets the father to beat her in the stomach and then miscarries. She ahd been trying to murder these children for months. She finally succeeded, yet only the "Father" can be charged.

This just shows how "insane" the very concept of abortion and the so called "rights" of the mother are now. Both conspired to murder these babies, but only one can be charged. The father........

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Ack, what a mucky soup to step into today.

I'll be honest, I don't come down out of the stands anymore, but I think this on warrants at least a short comment, even if I won't come anywhere close to settling the Abortion issue...indeed, will anyone ever?

But anyhow...

It's hard for me to come up with a comment more solid than gelatin, because I don't know myself where I stand on Abortion and mothers' rights anymore. I look at it in the following way:

If I were to impregnate a woman, I would have no other option in my mind than to support the child. However, I think it's borderline shady that the mother has the choice to stop it from being born, rather than to take on the responsibility for something so incredibly serious, a human life.

This is one of those situations, I believe, that is prosecuteable for the mother, because honestly...you have to be able to see the malicious intent here, or am I just grasping at straws?

Now, with that in mind, I'm glad that there is another option, as well, because overcrowding, abandonment, child abuse, and every other depressing facet that is the aftermath of an unwanted birth can ruin a child. Utterly ruin. I do believe in personal responsibility, but most times, when a child has to deal with acute abandonment issues....psychological problems ensue. It will boil down to a question of whether or not the child will grow to appreciate life, or due to circumstances that are beyond it's control...decide that life isn't worth living...*hides scars*. Anyhow...my personal problems aside, it is a question that does exist...the balance between bringing a child into a life of misery, or never allowing it to become self-aware....a slippery slope that will most likely never be fully and satisfactorily settled. This, in my opinion constitutes something of a 'justifiable abortion' if such a ludicrous term could exist...

However, what we see happening with this is vapid, brainless teenage parents who have the means to raise a child aborting it because mom and dad will be disappointed and *gasp* maybe take away the cell phone. Personal responsibility is again the key concept here, and in my humble and honest opinion, teenagers who cannot fathom the consequences of what would happen if they were to have a child should not be engaging in behaviours that would risk possible pregnancy. So, when you see Chad the high school quarterback driving Britney, the cheer-squad captain to the abortion clinic, you'd clearly be seeing a clear cut-example of the 'unjustifiable abortion', wherein all parties involved do have the ability to raise a marginally normal child, but instead elect to forego that particular responsibility, vis a vis overprivilieged teenagers.

Oh well...sorry to subject you all to the rambling. I'll go back up into the cheap seats again.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
K Im pro abortion but i see this as a clear cut case of just pure messed up. In this case she really shoulda gone for adoption. I dont really see a way to justify what they did when there is the option of adoption out there.

send them to the gallows

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Although Flores faces prosecution, Basoria can't be charged because the new law - like many others across the nation - bans prosecution of mothers on the grounds that they have a legal right to end pregnancies.[/qoute]
Wow, thats stunningly stupid. I'm all for abortion rights, hell, if she wanted one at 4 months she could've gotten one, but its fundamentally wrong to charge him with, say, a double murder and an assault charge, but not charge her along with him in a conspiracy to commit murder charge.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Ts is rediculous ... and kinda intersting at the same time. Because I live in Lufkin, Tx ... I see people like this all the time people that are walking to school from behind some kind of box ... or behind the Dry Cleaners .. Where I also see ev eryone \else go get all of there meds. **Or what ever you wanna call it . Any how ... I think that these babies should have been born I think that all dbabies should be born. But then again I also think that all abbies with deformalities need to be destroyed. They are just getting in the advancing of our civilization. Whether you want to admit it or not ... They have laws that are in place because of handicapped people .... Such as there has to be ramps to get into certain public buildings ... What if there were laws such as there has to be food on everyones plate at least a t-bone ... There ya go we could afford to do it with all the money we would save ... From the beginning of time ... it has always been the strong survive what makes us think that we can change that ... It will be the downfall of our race.... =-) If you have any comments refer to my SIGNATURE ... .Why are you so scared of dying .. have you ever done it ?

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
damn i dont even know what to say to this!! its quite absurd oh man. isn't murder taking the life of another human beiing??? thats what she did . but thanks to that new law. wow. 16 year olds these days.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   
What other exception .. do you guys want them to have.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
This is just so sad, on so many levels ...
The dead children. The parents murdering them.
The parents hurting themselves. Where's the remorse?
Why were they in this situation to begin with? Have
they learned anything at all from this?
SAD!!
Welcome to planet Earth.

[edit on 3/7/2005 by FlyersFan]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
This is just so sad, on so many levels ...
The dead children. The parents murdering them.
The parents hurting themselves. Where's the remorse?
Why were they in this situation to begin with? Have
they learned anything at all from this?
SAD!!
Welcome to planet Earth.

[edit on 3/7/2005 by FlyersFan]

yes, reading the "sister" of the parent charged is kinda firghtening. There is no remorse or anything.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
This type of news always gets me. It makes me sad that the human race isn’t more compassionate. It angers me when I see young people put into such a position, because they were not careful to begin with. It disgusts me when legal systems are not set to deal with both parties fairly.

I’m pro-abortion, but that does not excuse young people from having unprotected sex, or endangering themselves and their families through their actions. The young women could have born the babies, and given them up. At such a young age, this might have been the appropriate action. But instead, she waits four months. She might now, never again be able to bring a child to term. And she will have to live with her actions the rest of her life.

I feel some pity for both the young women and her boyfriend, because clearly they had no understanding of the situation they were in. That, in my opinion, is the real cause for concern.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
You should all go out and get your teen a dildo ... Let them experience the best ... they can ... I promise men are no better ... .=-) ... Deus !

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
All I can said is that a five months pregnancy was to far gone for her to have a change of hart.

Due to the age of the girl is obviously sheer ignorance as not to seek help for her problem, all she needed was four more months to give away her babies for adoption.

Cases like this shows how our young is scare to death when they are not ready to become parents.

I guess nobody was there when she needed an adult figure the most, and her boyfriends was as ignorant as her.

So sad, she will carry the results of her decision for the rest of her life.

bet555 I know you are trying to make a joke but is sound distaful, more education and protection is what our young needs.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Kinda, trying to make a joke ... But, really I am not .. I am a male .. my I never had sex in high school ... I was always to busy going to church and doing stuff that kept my mind from wondering what if this what would happen if .. this ... But anyways .. I have slept with another person now ... .Unfortunately ... ...

BTW ...
What I wanted to tell you ....
My sister was not allowed to have a dildo or so much as even speak or watch anything that involved sex ... She was an amazing athlete, but now she is 18 with a kid ... B/c my parents would not talk to her about anything ... They may have said something about the birds and bees .. .or something .... But they never sat down with thier kids and talk them exactly what they were thinking ... they just expected us to figure it out .. I am not sure if that is how they figured it out or not ... All I know is that we as Grown Ups should be more responsible than that ...

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by bet555
BTW ...
My sister was not allowed to have a dildo or so much as even speak or watch anything that involved sex ... She was an amazing athlete, but now she is 18 with a kid ...

I tell you what, you sister took responsibility and she will do just fine, you should admired her for keeping her child.

And for your parents hey, I was in the same shoes, I was 14 when a friend told me how children were made and came to the world, at that age I was a stork believer.

So when I had my children I made sure that they knew about everything is there to know as soon they asked what sex and baby had in common.

So far, my daughter is 21 in her junior year and she said that she will keep herself from sex until she is ready.

And my son is 18 and I hope he will make the right choices.

All I can do is to support them they have all the education and protection they need.

I know you will do the same with your children when the time comes.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Originally posted by bet555
BTW ...
My sister was not allowed to have a dildo or so much as even speak or watch anything that involved sex ... She was an amazing athlete, but now she is 18 with a kid ...

I tell you what, you sister took responsibility and she will do just fine, you should admired her for keeping her child.

And for your parents hey, I was in the same shoes, I was 14 when a friend told me how children were made and came to the world, at that age I was a stork believer.

So when I had my children I made sure that they knew about everything is there to know as soon they asked what sex and baby had in common.

So far, my daughter is 21 in her junior year and she said that she will keep herself from sex until she is ready.

And my son is 18 and I hope he will make the right choices.

All I can do is to support them they have all the education and protection they need.

I know you will do the same with your children when the time comes.

Oh never mind........I'd just get a warn...........................................

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I am glad to see that thier are some parents out there dong the right thing. Instead of hiding behind well .. what exactly do I say to him/her ... .It is your flesh and blood what would you want someone to say to you ??? But any how ... ...

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Those two kids should be locked up for life.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
Those two kids should be locked up for life.

Why can't the Parents be held responsible. If you do not raise your kids up right .. guess what it is noones fault but yourself. The problem is, is that EVEN Grown ups can't say I am sorry I was wrong I shouldn't have done that ... they have just learned that they don't have to do anything and the government sais it is ok ... we have welfare programs. Most of the people in this country with kids running around thier house would be better off if they were abandoned completely ... All they are learning from thier parents is to lie Spend thier money all wrong. Otherwise, the parents themselves wouldn't be in the situation that they are in.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
hard to understand that they thought this was their only way out. She should have had an abortion earlier if that is the option she had wanted not waiting. I don't agree with it but that's my choice. As far as long as she was she should have had the little ones, they didn't deserve to be killed in that manner. Both parents (boyand girl) need to answer for the deed. I live here in Texas and the average middle school child knows about birth control and sex so I find it hard to believe that those two were so incompetent.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Damn, wear a freakin' condom if you don't want kids, these two murderers are bona fide jack asses. The pile of horse manure these days is you can plead insane to a psychologist and it's ok to kill people. I'm sorry, the majority of people know what they are doing, there are only a small percentage of people who are actually nuts on this planet.

Are morals being destroyed, how the hell did OJ walk free (hell he's playing golf somewhere like he didn't do anything), how does someone sue you because he hurt himself breaking into your house, why is someone allowed to help push a law to ban Christmas trees. This is the stuff I think about. Why?

Are these two capable of change, sure. But they owe a real debt to society for killing two living beings. They need somebody to tell them that that was definitely wrong and not acceptable in our society. And they need to correct their wrong doing.

Is the world completely mad. No, not at all. Most of us are not, we outnumber the baddies and nutbags. But if those of us who believe in good, who want sanity, don't stand up against the flood of insanity being thrown at us, we are in deep trouble.

Troy

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join