It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explaining the Brexit Mess.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I'll just leave this here, came across this on pussbook and this thread sprung to mind...

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Excellent, unbiased thread. Not adding my thoughts on brexit so that we don't derail this conversation.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I think the Brexit mess can be best summed up as people who can't accept the decision made by electorate do everything in their power to overturn that Democratically achieved decision , leaving us in a position of political limbo.

this is not the fault of any one political party or politician, nor is this a left vs right issue, but rather the entire political system that is broken.

I'm compelled to use the phrase "not fit for purpose" , 19th century government in a 21st century world.

That Is a major problem today. People not being able to accept a democratic voted decision.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro
I'll just leave this here, came across this on pussbook and this thread sprung to mind...

***If I narrowly decided to order fish at a restaurant that was known for chicken

but said it was happy to offer fish, and so far I've been waiting three hours***.[b]

^^^^^^At that stage^^^^^ I would have LEFT already!!

Anyone doing otherwise would be a martyr

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: JameSimon
Excellent, unbiased thread. Not adding my thoughts on brexit so that we don't derail this conversation.

Thanks for that buddy

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   

My friend, that was very well put, I must say, I love Halloween, it's my favourite holiday, this is the first time I've found Halloween scary since I was just a nipper.

I wanted to leave the UK when Bawbags kept us in back in 2014 but friends convinced me that it was worth staying, our pensions were protected, we'd stay in the E.U. the Government promised us this. Now BawJaws is in power we are screwed, plain and simple.

The "we" I speak of are the Scottish, such as you (OtherSideOfTheCoin) andy06shake and myself, the lower/working class, see above plush Cornish (Springer, rest his profile)
and all those living payday to payday. And I'm willing to bet there are many resident Brexiteers in here who will be slammed as hard as us, others not so much but we are all going to feel it when we isolate ourselves.

BawJaws is gonna bend Britain over and hold us down while the Annoying Orange rams a shiddy trade deal right up our Khyber pass and there is very little, if anything the people can do about it. Well, apart from take to the streets.

For as long as I can remember, until recent history there was graffiti scrawled on an old railway bridge outside my hometown, in a very picturesque place (google Northwater Bridge Angus if you're interested) that read "Scotland free or a desert" I never understood what that meant but I'm starting to get an idea...

Take a break from the internet my friend.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Dem0nc1eaner

If only we could take a break from Brexit all the same.

It's not the internet about to screw the working class of the nation in a whole new way come Samhain.

That's Boris and his cabinet cronies in spades.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   
So, you said:

“To be clear I am not passing a opinion on this I am only reporting on what government findings have indicated would be the consequences of no deal to demonstrate why this is unpopular in parliament. “

Who in god’s name can trust any government at this point?

The will of the people. The will of the people. The will of the people.

That’s the only thing that should matter in this corrupt and god forsaken world.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: MRuss

To be clear in the OP I really didn't want to get too much into the ramifications of a No-Deal my only intention was to highlight why parliament are so opposed to it. Of the two bits of information I used one comes from a the leaked Operation Yellowtree documents that the government didn't want made public and the other came from the Office of Budget responsibility whose job it is to provide independent economic analysis for the government. The OBR where actually the most accurate in predicting the impact that a no-deal vote would have on the UK Economy back in 2016, if anything they were actually slightly too optimistic.

So its up to you as a individual if you chose to trust those sources, given that one of them was something that the government didn't want us to see and the other comes form a decent source I am going to go with it.

Again to be very clear this thread is in no way about me making an argument for or against Brexit or no-deal rather just providing a explanation as to how we have reached this impasse in parliament.
edit on 20-8-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I think the only deal the people of Great Britain deserve is a government that actually works for the people !

So abolish this # show and form a new government !

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dem0nc1eaner

My friend, that was very well put, I must say, I love Halloween, it's my favourite holiday, this is the first time I've found Halloween scary since I was just a nipper.

I wanted to leave the UK when Bawbags kept us in back in 2014 but friends convinced me that it was worth staying, our pensions were protected, we'd stay in the E.U. the Government promised us this. Now BawJaws is in power we are screwed, plain and simple.

The "we" I speak of are the Scottish, such as you (OtherSideOfTheCoin) andy06shake and myself, the lower/working class, see above plush Cornish (Springer, rest his profile)
and all those living payday to payday. And I'm willing to bet there are many resident Brexiteers in here who will be slammed as hard as us, others not so much but we are all going to feel it when we isolate ourselves.

BawJaws is gonna bend Britain over and hold us down while the Annoying Orange rams a shiddy trade deal right up our Khyber pass and there is very little, if anything the people can do about it. Well, apart from take to the streets.

For as long as I can remember, until recent history there was graffiti scrawled on an old railway bridge outside my hometown, in a very picturesque place (google Northwater Bridge Angus if you're interested) that read "Scotland free or a desert" I never understood what that meant but I'm starting to get an idea...

Take a break from the internet my friend.

Believe me, there is no need

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deplorable
Short version: The common folk voted.

The common folk, mostly wanted to Remain, only those with money and/or narrow minded views and/or supported certain football teams of the world voted Leave...

If that were the case, the vote would have gone 'Remain' and this thread wouldn't exist. Football fans and folk with narrow-minded views are typically common people. There aren't enough 'rich' people in England for their votes to really count ... only their money counts in elections.

That said, you and me being not so distant 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 cousins 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿, I see what you're saying and where it's coming from. I raise a glass of Bourbon to you.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I just cant understand why , after 10 years and failure after failure the Tories are still in power ?

We have overthrown dictators for less

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
I just cant understand why , after 10 years and failure after failure the Tories are still in power ?

Really
Well just look at the alternatives .........

Nuff said

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

You really think that Corbyn, McDonnell and Abbott would not drive this Country into the ground?

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: sapien82

Really
Well just look at the alternatives .........

Nuff said

The alternatives arent the issue , its the tories and their failure to govern

Id rather have the alternatives than the tories , and ten years of austerity !

I have no idea how corbyn would run the country , I just want the tories out

edit on 23-8-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

I have no idea how corbyn would run the country , I

I do - very badly. He will increase taxes extortionately for who he thinks are rich, will restrict the freedom of the press to criticise his Govt, crush dissent in manner of Stalin, introduce ill thought out crackpot Marxist policies, ruin our international relations with eg the US, bankrupt the Country and leave it in a mess requiring yet more austerity to fix the mess.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

I have no idea how corbyn would run the country , I

I do - very badly. He will increase taxes extortionately for who he thinks are rich, will restrict the freedom of the press to criticise his Govt, crush dissent in manner of Stalin, introduce ill thought out crackpot Marxist policies, ruin our international relations with eg the US, bankrupt the Country and leave it in a mess requiring yet more austerity to fix the mess.

Ahhh so boris and corbyn the best britain has to offer, just making it easier for Scotland to quit !

I dont want any of them lot running Scotland so this is just more ammo for the indy movement .

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

i don't like Boris but the Labour Party is now in the hands of Marxist idiots who would do untold damage to this country if they got in. Just imagine what they would do to our armed forces.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   

well , who do we really need armed forces for ?

supporting our allies as they police the world ?

id rather our small island of nations done without waging war

we have been at it for over 500 years and longer
isnt about time we gave up that age old human tradition of smashing each others heads open , cutting off limbs , or blowing each other up or filling each other full of radioactive holes

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join