It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution - A Philosophical Belief

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerraLiga
Young earth creationists are why these arguments keep coming up........
Religious people are not the problem, these people are.

I fixed it for you so I could 100% agree with you.

I have no problem with everything science/cosmology teaches about the formation of the universe/galaxy/solar system/sun/earth and the time lines.
It all sounds very plausible to me, maybe the how part is debatable but not the what happened and the billions of years it all took to actually happen.
edit on 17-8-2019 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Nope, no one said anything about that. Nice attempt at a straw man though. Lol, great job proving the point that you have no logical argument in support of it though.

Jaden

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

But the combustion engine does work...

Exactly. C'mon Raggedy, you're sharper than that.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Just to agree with you whom are pointing out that there is evidence, in fact perhaps more evidence for the bible than some want to accept.

And as the old saying goes.

Hmm, you can lead a horse to water but you can not make it drink.

DO YOU EXIST.

How.

Did a pool of filthy water suddenly get bored and put on a cellular membrane then go for a stroll and then one day decide that it was a person? (After deciding it wanted to make other filthy pools of water in there own cellular membrane's).

Evolution from simple chemical's - even complex amino acid's defy's the laws of conservation it is essentially like water flowing UP a hill or a water fall falling upward.

Yet YOU DO EXIST.

Does that mean that you are the product only of your RNA/DNA and of successive errors and mutations over what is actually in universal term's an extremely short time.

Adaptation is real no one is arguing that BUT that does not mean that evolution is correct only that it has element's which can be shown to have some validity when observed scientifically and yet no one has yet gotten a fruit fly to turn into a sheep or a sheep to turn into a human despite the amount of Similar code in there DNA.

Code - remember that - Code, DNA is in some way's like a computer program, it can self correct and adapt to damage but it can not suddently become something else, it is a program that tell's the cell what to do.

Is it therefore such a leap of logic for you to decide that God - a being far more than we may exist and is the actual PROGRAMMER behind that code.

Also think about this while the body is far more than clothing what really is it that makes a person believe the sum of what they are is simply there body, can you accept that human being's have quantum element's to there makeup, our consciousness may span multiple reality's simultaneously and and alter the quantum universe merely through observation, are we guiding ourselves through that chaos or is something greater than we perhaps doing that?.

I have argued in the past that Machines can NEVER achieve true consciousness, they may outstrip us with there intelligence and speed of processing data, they may even wipe us out if we allow them to do so if they ever reach that level of technical development - there evolution shaped by a Creator called mankind - BUT they will NEVER have consciousness only a simulation of it, when I say consciousness I am of course talking about pure awareness, something many on this site have experienced themselves - most on this site are seekers, some have started seeking because they have experienced the unexplainable and many of them have even experienced ex-corporeal states of consciousness such as NDE and OBE.

Are they all liars and delusional, who has the right to make that statement when they were not the person experiencing these incidents.

As for proof, will the red sea crossing, pharaoh's chariot's, the 'real' mountain of Sinai, the rock split by the staff and the alter of the golden calves do for you.

edit on 17-8-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-8-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

DO YOU EXIST. 

How. 

Did a pool of filthy water suddenly get bored and put on a cellular membrane then go for a stroll and then one day decide that it was a person?.

Evolution from simple chemical's - even complex amino acid's defy's the laws of conservation it is essentially like water flowing UP a hill or a water fall falling upward. 

Yet YOU DO EXIST. 

Does that mean that you are the product only of your RNA/DNA and of successive errors and mutations over what is actually in universal term's an extremely short time. 

Adaptation is real no one is arguing that BUT that does not mean that evolution is correct only that it has element's which can be shown to have some validity when observed scientifically and yet no one has yet gotten a fruit fly to turn into a sheep or a sheep to turn into a human despite the amount of Similar code in there DNA. 

Code - remember that - Code, DNA is in some way's like a computer program, it can self correct and adapt to damage but it can not suddently become something else, it is a program that tell's the cell what to do. 

Is it therefore such a leap of logic for you to decide that God - a being far more than we may exist and is the actual PROGRAMMER behind that code. 

Also think about this while the body is far more than clothing what really is it that makes a person believe the sum of what they are is simply there body, can you accept that human being's have quantum element's to there makeup, our consciousness may span multiple reality's simultaneously and and alter the quantum universe merely through observation, are we guiding ourselves through that chaos or is something greater than we perhaps doing that?. 

I have argued in the past that Machines can NEVER achieve true consciousness, they may outstrip us with there intelligence and speed of processing data, they may even wipe us out if we allow them to do so if they ever reach that level of technical development - there evolution shaped by a Creator called mankind - BUT they will NEVER have consciousness only a simulation of it, when I say consciousness I am of course talking about pure awareness, something many on this site have experienced themselves - most on this site are seekers, some have started seeking because they have experienced the unexplainable and many of them have even experienced ex-corporeal states of consciousness such as NDE and OBE. 

Are they all liars and delusional, who has the right to make that statement when they were not the person experiencing these incidents. 

As for proof, will the red sea crossing, pharaoh's chariot's, the 'real' mountain of Sinai, the rock split by the staff and the alter of the golden calves do for you. 

BOOM

BOOM BANG POW

I love it

So nice had to post it twice lol

Wonderful absolutely wonderful
Well said

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: DustybudzZ

There also is absolutely zero evidence to support the theory "there is no creator"

Yeah.

And, is there any evidence to support the theory, "unicorns don't exist?"

:

Boo yeah! I'm glad you summed it up so elagantly. I would have written three paragraphs to explain myself. People dont understand that proof of non existence is a long anf pointless road to go down.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DustybudzZ

DO YOU EXIST. 

How. 

Did a pool of filthy water suddenly get bored and put on a cellular membrane then go for a stroll and then one day decide that it was a person?.

Yet YOU DO EXIST. 

BOOM

BOOM BANG POW

I love it

So nice had to post it twice lol

Wonderful absolutely wonderful
Well said

Pow!

Boom!!

Crash!!

Hey: this is fun!!!

( PS: What are we talking about ? )

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   

This is slightly off topic, so I apologise for that, but why did you call yourself LABTECH? I note also all caps. Was it to add authority or validity to the things you write about?

I’ve seen a few of your posts now and I’ve always wanted to ask, so I’m asking, if you don’t mind.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Everything about biogenesis, speciation, evolution and adaptation is in constant flux. New additions or conflicts in the overall theory happen all the time and it is amended or in some cases rewritten in parts. That is good science. It is always open to debate and revision if the evidence supports it.

This is in total contrast to a collection of fables that are fixed. The only way to incorporate new factual discoveries is by creatively reinterpreting these centuries-old scripts to make it look like they knew about this all along. That is outright deceit.

But to answer your original question, if it satisfies you to call the birth, propagation and diversification of life on this planet a philosophy then do, because the journey to this knowledge is not yet complete. In fact, it has hardly started in real terms. We may never complete the story, especially the very beginning, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t true or worth reading.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Time and time again I've provided evidence and it gets ignored.

Or I basically get accused of throwing word salad and attempting to use the big words to sound smart.
Others have as well. So use the search function.

Time and time again you have shown drawings and assumptions

I asked for empirical evidence, not primary school photos of kiddies books

use big words

Have at it my genius friend, I am interested
Do your best, no links, no photos of kids books, real empirical evidence

You know what, don’t bother, if the evidence was there this argument between scientific communities the op posted wouldn’t exist and you can’t even see that simple fact. Anything you offer is ludicrous

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Young earth creationists are why these arguments keep coming up. They believe in the absolute word of the bible, so there is no room for evolution by natural selection as it bypasses their god.

Really? dumb argument their bud.

Jesus said christians should pluck out our eyes and cut off our hands if we sin with them, know any christians limbless or eyeless. I don’t believe in the absolute word of the bible like you believe in the absolute word of a scientist

Prove evolution and I will be a Christian who believes in evolution

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

You know what, don’t bother, if the evidence was there this argument between scientific communities the op posted wouldn’t exist and you can’t even see that simple fact. Anything you offer is ludicrous

Except that the OP as usual quote mines out of context. Shapiro in no way claims That evolution doesn’t work or exist as a biological process. There is very little discord between biologists, chemists,
Geologists, Anthropologists or paleontologists. Pretending that there is a schism in the interpretation of evolutionary biology is about as intellectually dishonest as one can get.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

Except that the OP as usual quote mines out of context. Shapiro in no way claims That evolution doesn’t work or exist as a biological process. There is very little discord between biologists, chemists,
Geologists, Anthropologists or paleontologists. Pretending that there is a schism in the interpretation of evolutionary biology is about as intellectually dishonest as one can get.

So Shapiro wasn’t saying it’s a philosophical belief, what he was saying is that evolution is a scientific fact?
Hmm, didn’t rightly read that into it

I must be very confused?
There is nonschism in evolution, you? Seriously?
That’s dumb Pete, just dumb

Search evolution controversy and watch scientists bicker
Tho, in your defence I don’t think you are intellectually dishonest, just ignorant

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 12:19 AM
link   

This is slightly off topic, so I apologise for that, but why did you call yourself LABTECH? I note also all caps. Was it to add authority or validity to the things you write about?

I’ve seen a few of your posts now and I’ve always wanted to ask, so I’m asking, if you don’t mind.

Nope, I was once qualified as a laboratory technician but changed to electronic engineering in my career path then got jumped by six guy's in a random attack which left me with a fractured skull, memory loss, delayed concussion and coordination problems as well as slurred speech, the cap's are simply because I am lazy and left the Cap's lock key on, also I use the same avatar name on other sites - lazy because I forgot a few of my monikers being a rather disorganized type person so never wrote them down, sorry if I came across as trying to brow beat, that is simply not the type of person I really am.

edit on 18-8-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

I linked to his bio so people could see he does believe in evolution, yet what causes him to make a statement like that, perhaps he has some intellectual honesty.
They all start from the same core belief evolution is fact of science for them, true, but they have disagreements about the "HOW", and what makes one persons opinion about the how of more value, his field of education, his gravitas among his peers ?
edit on 18-8-2019 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

but they have disagreements about the "HOW", and what makes one persons opinion about the how of more value,

The ability of that opinion to account for the evidence.

But since evolution does occur, the variant details on "how" are mostly of concern to those who study it.

edit on 8/18/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Thanks for that, I hope your trauma doesn’t affect your life in a regrettable way. Apologies for being nosey!

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Young earth creationists are why these arguments keep coming up. They believe in the absolute word of the bible, so there is no room for evolution by natural selection as it bypasses their god.

Jesus said christians should pluck out our eyes and cut off our hands if we sin with them, know any christians limbless or eyeless. I don’t believe in the absolute word of the bible like you believe in the absolute word of a scientist

I believe in logically argued reason. I do not believe in a scientist because they are a scientist. Where did you get that from? I have never ever said that.

You sound like someone picking a fight for the fight’s sake, and that is not at all Christian. You’re just a troll.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   

know any christians limbless or eyeless.

If they were a Christian that had been to battle in a war...

...There's a good chance

But most Christians know he was metaphorically speaking...

as in... it would be better too cut off hand or gouge out eye...
...Then to burn in hell

I believe you can have both!

I think there is enough evidence suggesting GOD created evolution just like GOD created everything else
(please don't ask me to present said evidence) lol

Boy wouldn't that upset the
"anti creationist community"

If evolution was proven but...
...at the same time It was also proven that there IS a GOD and GOD created evolution

Lol

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   

I believe in logically argued reason. I do not believe in a scientist because they are a scientist. Where did you get that from? I have never ever said that.

You sound like someone picking a fight for the fight’s sake, and that is not at all Christian. You’re just a troll.

So anyone with a logically argued reason? So you just want an argued reason you call or consider logical? I don’t think you are that smart
Once upon a time tobacco was smoked as a medicine and the scientists had a logical argued reason

Yes I am picking a fight and am a troll, many layers and a bad christian, that’s all fine but

How about you stop moaning and show the science
That will win the fight I picked, step up

Troll maybe but you, just hot air and nothing else

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join