It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution - A Philosophical Belief

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

No,The central argument against teaching “creation theory” in science class is that it doesn’t pass muster for a scientific theory. It’s barely a hypothesis let alone a model. In fact,’there is yes model. Nice try tgpugh

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Science depends on the intellect of the people doing it.

Don't get mad about it, it is what it is.
edit on 21-8-2019 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance
Science depends on the intellect of the people doing it.

Don't get mad about it, it is what it is.

That explains a lot about your own posting history here. ThNks for the heads up.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

No thx. Now go back to convincing me of your beliefs.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
All these endless debates about evolution and no working model of intelligent design or divine creation. A better way to debunk the theory of evolution would be to replace it entirely. Something about building a better mouse trap.... But you still have to show the world it works.

Also... "Darwinian evolution" did we travel back to the 1800s somehow? LOL

not a single response to my comment, as expected

no one has what you would call "a working model of divine creation"

evolution is still the best answer

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

not a single response to my comment, as expected

no one has what you would call "a working model of divine creation"

evolution is still the best answer

The point of salvation is to be able to feel sorry for the lords of darkness.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

You mean not a single response from the creationists. I snarked.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

You should know by now those you call creationists claim God did it.
edit on 21-8-2019 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   
It technically would be due to the concept of natural selection, and small things become big things, or smaller, but still big enough. It does explain the tiny details from what I've gathered, but it is missing something in the grand scheme of thing in sense...the grandeur...of explaining grand things.

It more or less all about progression an why things are the way they are, expenditure, while at the same time conserving in a way. Also why isn't becoming an angel or a demon considered evolution like Pokemon or Digimon?

Wasn't the Big Bang Theory originally scientific in theory before the Creationists said it took 7 days instead? Can a monkey really out smart a lion?

What about Aliens? Does that sound logical?
edit on 21-8-2019 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

Yes. As someone who is not Abrahamic but religious ... you guys are amusing

Show me the proof. OR stop harping at evolution.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

No, we're not. Who do you think you are?

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Specimen88

Wasn't the Big Bang Theory originally scientific in theory before the Creationists said it took 7 days instead?

No, Genesis 1:1 covers the creation of the entire universe and the earth in a unlimited time frame, if science says billions of years than that's what it is. A stars light that traveled 3 billion light years that is just arriving at earth today alone defeats the young universe theory as ludicrous.

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

The big bang sees energy converting to matter basically E=mc2, where did that energy comes from that was converting into matter ?
Isaiah 40:26

“Lift up your eyes to heaven and see.Who has created these things? It is the One who brings out their army by number; He calls them all by name. Because of his vast dynamic energy and his awe-inspiring power, Not one of them is missing.

The stars life cycle is so long that statement is true today.......

A black dwarf is a theoretical stellar remnant, specifically a white dwarf that has cooled sufficiently that it no longer emits significant heat or light. Because the time required for a white dwarf to reach this state is calculated to be longer than the current age of the universe (13.8 billion years), no black dwarfs are expected to exist in the universe now, and the temperature of the coolest white dwarfs is one observational limit on the age of the universe.

Cosmology is great topic, might be time for another thread to deal exclusively with that.
edit on 22-8-2019 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

You are right you guys are not that funny.

Who I am? Oh I know who I am, and I have you and your cabals number too
Most people do.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Evolution is a scientific theory based off of thousands of studies by people who know alot more than some guy posting this thread. You need to read alot ALOT more about the theory which could take you years, so get to it and keep your ignorance to yourself until then.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: richapau

We're funny, we're not that funny. What else pogo stick? As long as you can ramble about this evolution theory, right?

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   

It says it was finished on the seventh.

Depends on the scientist really, some say it 14 trillions years old, an may or may not believe the big bang. While others may say it older, or just has always been.

It the same problem with ebb or flow, which came first.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen88

Not Trillions, the universe is thought to be at least 14 billion. The planet is about 3.5 billion. But no not trillions.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Do the blatant lies ever stop from you guys?

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin
So: are all beliefs false ?
Is there something else, more 'true', that folks should believe in ?

Other than being the most handsome man on ATS, perhaps you are on-to something ?

Perhaps folks can see how most belief-systems are false, EXCEPT their own ?
Maybe that would explain the endless Creation/Evolution arguments ?

Seems to me: an intelligent person seeing all of the BS belief-systems that folks are trying to fly, would reach the point where they questions their own supposed 'knowledge', to see if it doesn't contain any beliefs ?

So what does that have to say about the windbags that have been arguing either side for YEARS on end ?

To be fair: have seen a few make posts similar to this, that just get left to fall into oblivion.
Who would want to argue, when the first step required is to question one's own belief structure ?

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Who would want to argue, when the first step required is to question one's own belief structure ?

Yes, one group needs to be red pilled like in the Matrix.
Although I don't wish this on anyone, including people posting in this thread, a dark side encounter with evil spirits does it for some, if they believed in evolution, they understand there is something beyond that ideology immediately. Where they take it from there, becomes their own spiritual journey.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join