It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution - A Philosophical Belief

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 01:26 AM
link   
As we have discussed to no end here in this forum that the science thoroughly disproves the type of evolution that made a one celled creature and evolved it all the way to 2 modern humans, male and female. It must be concluded that evolution is purely a philosophical belief that tries to camouflage it's basis in science.

Professor Shapiro

This speaks directly to all those that claim they have this higher education in biology/chemistry and any other science, what is clear from this statement and really has been a fact is this, the personal philosophy is what causes people to present what they do and how passionately they do it.
They are like a bunch of lawyers trying to prove their guilty client is innocent, at times they make compelling arguments, but under intense cross examination their arguments fail.

edit on 17-8-2019 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 01:32 AM
link   
It’s a simple fact that evolution is a great and logical theory lacking any scientific evidence at all
It’s only the fundamentalists who can’t see the truth and fight, bite, kick and scream it’s a fact but

The empirical evidence just doesn’t exist 🥺🤣

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Yep, we don't fully understand something so it's definitely a big guy in the sky snapping his fingers and making stuff.

I mean there is no other logical way other than an all mighty creator that gave up on his creation. It's impossible apparently.

I wish this guy in the sky that is almighty would just show up and say "here I am, I'm real". That's not much to askof an almighty being that created everything right?

I'll call you when he/she/it shows up

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I have often pondered how nature came to being so dependent on the two sexes, from plant to animals and everything in between. It would seem that the logic would be self propagation with out the need another from the same species same plant family opposite sex. When did all of nature develop this concept?

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Yep, we don't fully understand something so it's definitely a big guy in the sky snapping his fingers and making stuff.

I mean there is no other logical way other than an all mighty creator that gave up on his creation. It's impossible apparently.

I wish this guy in the sky that is almighty would just show up and say "here I am, I'm real". That's not much to askof an almighty being that created everything right?

I'll call you when he/she/it shows up

Actually Vec, that’s pretty dumb to start the “God” thing again
The statement was about the fact some scientists think evolution is stupid as are those who believe in it, probably

Yet to win some stars you make it a God thing

Why not deal with the science of evolution rather than create strawman arguments to protect your silly little fundamentalist faith

Guess if you scientific intellectualism is that poor creating a God argument is your only option, I understand but it’s disappointing

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Evolution as I understand it and evolution as you understand it are completely different understandings.

I don't believe in evolution as you proclaim it should be, I don't think a fish ever turned into a bird.

I do feel like there is ample evidence available to support an evolutionary chain that could have many billions of years ago started with simple single and multi-celled organisms creating the enormous complexity of life we see today.

I'm agnostic btw, so I don't throw out the idea that a creator is a possibility, but there is literally nothing to support that idea other than our own beliefs. There is absolutely zero evidence to support the theory of a creator, none, zero, zilch, nada.

DNA and RNA work both ways in support, in your court it lends credence that since everything is so genetically intertwined, there must be intelligent design involved. It also lends credence to evolutionary theories that since DNA and RNA are so genetically intertwined, it makes sense that all life on earth started as simple organisms that eventually grew into what we know today as diverse life.

We can barely grasp the concept of infinite, and I am a subscriber of an infinite universe. It wasn't created, it won't end, it always has just been. It goes through cycles that we can grasp as beginnings or ends, but they aren't truly beginnings or ends.

So yes, anytime I'm posed with a question about evolution from a creationist, I will always refer to the 'god' argument, because plain and simple you are arguing evolution to support your beliefs in a creator, so I will question your creator.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 02:50 AM
link   
If the theory of evolution is too complicated for you, go and read a magical book.

Anti-scientism is the way to the dark ages.
Nothing, really nothing good can come out of that.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 03:04 AM
link   

No. Evolution is real, it is a very elegant scientific theory. I got a link which can lead you to more actual research. If you were interested and not just stuck on your belief with no basis in reality....
I mean thankfully it doesn't really matter and you are free to believe whatever you want. I just think it's funny how you're accusing every scientist and everybody who has no problem in seeing the logic and beauty and truth in their findings of having a "philosophical belief".
Meanwhile in reality...mirror mirror

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

There is absolutely zero evidence to support the theory of a creator, none, zero, zilch, nada. 

There also is absolutely zero evidence to support the theory
"there is no creator"

I believe evolution does happen...

but not in the way they would have you think

I don't believe species evolve from other species

So we didn't come from monkeys
Or fish...

Because they are a totally different species

So humans today came from other species of humans...

Monkeys from other monkeys...
Fish from other fish...
And so on

Now that's not to say that an evolved human can't look totally different then an ancient human

Or a modern monkey can't look totally different then a monkey 100,000 years ago

Which is why birds today would look a lot different then the birds back in the cretaceous age.

I also believe this is a manifestation of GOD in the physical realm

I believe if evolution is part of how we came to be

GOD made it that way

I think GOD and the supernatural is just science we don't understand yet

GOD is the ultimate scientist

Science and GOD can go hand and hand and you can most certainly speak of both in the same sentence

They used to call it magic...
Now they say it's science...
Someday they will see...

it's always been GOD's will

Check out this guy's video's titled

God in a nutshell
&
The theory of everything

youtu.be...

youtu.be...

edit on 17-8-2019 by DustybudzZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
It’s a simple fact that evolution is a great and logical theory lacking any scientific evidence at all
It’s only the fundamentalists who can’t see the truth and fight, bite, kick and scream it’s a fact but

Just curious cause over the years ive seen you post that you believe in evolution, but then degrade all thoughs that believe the same as you (evolution wise).

Why??

I dont mean offence just curious.

Peace! 😉

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DustybudzZ

There also is absolutely zero evidence to support the theory "there is no creator"

Yeah.

And, is there any evidence to support the theory, "unicorns don't exist?"

edit on 8/17/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Evolution as I understand it and evolution as you understand it are completely different understandings.

I don't believe in evolution as you proclaim it should be, I don't think a fish ever turned into a bird.

I do feel like there is ample evidence available to support an evolutionary chain that could have many billions of years ago started with simple single and multi-celled organisms creating the enormous complexity of life we see today.

I'm agnostic btw, so I don't throw out the idea that a creator is a possibility, but there is literally nothing to support that idea other than our own beliefs. There is absolutely zero evidence to support the theory of a creator, none, zero, zilch, nada.

DNA and RNA work both ways in support, in your court it lends credence that since everything is so genetically intertwined, there must be intelligent design involved. It also lends credence to evolutionary theories that since DNA and RNA are so genetically intertwined, it makes sense that all life on earth started as simple organisms that eventually grew into what we know today as diverse life.

We can barely grasp the concept of infinite, and I am a subscriber of an infinite universe. It wasn't created, it won't end, it always has just been. It goes through cycles that we can grasp as beginnings or ends, but they aren't truly beginnings or ends.

So yes, anytime I'm posed with a question about evolution from a creationist, I will always refer to the 'god' argument, because plain and simple you are arguing evolution to support your beliefs in a creator, so I will question your creator.

The only thing I proclaimed Vec is that evolution has no empirical evidence and you brought up “God”
It’s not just creationists who question evolution, there are other camps

The thread was questioning scientific evolution, you did the God thing, don’t blame anyone else

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skyfox81

Just curious cause over the years ive seen you post that you believe in evolution, but then degrade all thoughs that believe the same as you (evolution wise).

Why??

I dont mean offence just curious.

Peace! 😉

Said it over and over and happy to say it again
I can be a Christian and believe in evolution, I don’t believe in evolution, I havnt seen the science to prove evolution

If it is produced, no sweat, I can accept it

No offence 💃🌈🦄

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 04:32 AM
link   

I find it quite odd that you’re quoting someone who believes in evolution, just not Darwinian evolution. The lengths you people go to for that one science-based quote that just may seed enough doubt for a convert is frankly deceitful.

For the record, Darwinian evolution is slow and random mutation, but Shapiro argues that genes are prone to large experimental jumps along logical chemical routes. He does not invoke a creator at all.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: DustybudzZ

There also is absolutely zero evidence to support the theory "there is no creator"

Yeah.

And, is there any evidence to support the theory, "unicorns don't exist?"

Did unicorns evolve or create the world?
That’s a pretty silly comment phage considering the topic

Want to throw your hat in the ring and offer some empirical scientific evidence for evolution?
Then we can all rest easy.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerraLiga

I find it quite odd that you’re quoting someone who believes in evolution, just not Darwinian evolution. The lengths you people go to for that one science-based quote that just may seed enough doubt for a convert is frankly deceitful.

For the record, Darwinian evolution is slow and random mutation, but Shapiro argues that genes are prone to large experimental jumps along logical chemical routes. He does not invoke a creator at all.

So you agree that scientists don’t agree on evolution?

So it’s not a settled science?

Wasn’t that the point?

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 05:16 AM
link   
So: are all beliefs false ?
Is there something else, more 'true', that folks should believe in ?

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Actually Vec, that’s pretty dumb to start the “God” thing again
The statement was about the fact some scientists think evolution is stupid as are those who believe in it, probably

Alright, go ahead and tell us how you think physical life came about.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 05:52 AM
link   

So im wrong in saying you have never said you believe in evolution?

If so im sorry but please let me know, as ive seen you post that you believe, yet believe that the evidence is inefficient to prove.

Also do you know the world view of the one who created the big bang theory?.. a Christian.

Peace

edit on 17-8-2019 by Skyfox81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerraLiga

So you agree that scientists don’t agree on evolution?

So it’s not a settled science?

Wasn’t that the point?

Now you’re reaching again. Yes, real scientists agree on evolution as a process. The precise mechanism of evolution and speciation has not yet been universally agreed upon, but the principle is sound.

Shapiro makes some interesting points in his book, but all the evidence he uses is not in it. It’s a reasonable theory though.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join