It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Times Executive Editor leaked audio tells the whole story...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Yeah, because NPR is super right wing, right?

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: sooth

Yes! Very well put. Anyone who wants to learn more about this very subject should watch “The Great Hack” on Netflix. It’s about Cambridge Analytica and everything they did. It’s pretty wild, and I’m 100% sure it’s still happening right now, even though CA closed up shop.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Have you read all their articles on the Russian situation?

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: PokeyJoe

Obviously not. But they also don't occupy the majority of the talk radio market do they?

Are you trying to refute my point that echo chambers exist for both sides? Two sides of the media curtailing stories to their audience rather than dealing with truth or facts all the time?

The vast majority of media is punditry rather than journalism.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Obviously not. But they also don't occupy the majority of the talk radio market do they?

Are you trying to refute my point that echo chambers exist for both sides? Two sides of the media curtailing stories to their audience rather than dealing with truth or facts all the time?

Exactly. Both sides. In fact, can we name any news source that actually reports facts anymore? Facts, no matter which side of the aisle the facts make look good or bad?????

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Exactly. Both sides. In fact, can we name any news source that actually reports facts anymore? Facts, no matter which side of the aisle the facts make look good or bad?????

No outlets that I can think of. The fact they're trying to capitalize on it makes it near impossible. Back in the day it was intended as an hour the station didn't try and make money. The advent of the 24/7 news cycle leading to smart phones and keeping people constant engaged ruined it. That and the reality TV model started leaching over.

There are a handful of journalists I take at their word. But no outlets exist that I don't have to take with a deer block of salt.

I miss boring monotone news where they just drone off the facts and you do with that as you please.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: JAY1980

Have you read all their articles on the Russian situation?

What Russian situation? 😎🦞

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 01:02 AM
link   
While this news is frustrating it’s not shocking - it’s confirmation of what many of us already thought to be true.

The “blogosphere” killed journalism. Any jack wagon with an internet connection can post whatever they want and call it journalism. Said blogosphere created an alternative to the MSM that doesn’t have rules or standards and drew in readers - which means ad revenue.

So the MSM had to lower their standards to compete for your eyeballs - and keep the ad revenue flowing.

So, IMO, the Times is an already left leaning rag that has to go whole hog into being the publication of choice for the left if they want to remain profitable. Level/unbiased/classic journalism isn’t nearly as sensational - which doesn’t make money in today’s media environment.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi
Sorry we are not really talking Democrat VS Republican or left VS right. What we have here is a concerted effort to change the fabric of American society. It is a Marxist push or coup de ta. Democrats are the mouth piece and silent Republicans are their pals. TRUMP IS ON HIS OWN GET IT!! He has enemies on all sides.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Says alot about the Pulitzer award. And msm in general. ATS is more informing the msm news.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Nobody with more than 1 brain cell needs someone to point out the obvious.

Go back to your way back machine.....

Look at all the hype built up to the day Mueller testified.

Then look at 3 days later.

Mueller has disappeared off the face of the MSM, and suddenly Trump is a racist!!! (again)

Total BS.
edit on 18-8-2019 by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I'm sure the investigative journalists at the NYT were all give fat raises after the Mueller report. It takes real commitment to continue a lie with zero evidence for 2 years. These are the kind of dedicated journalists that deserve Pulitzer prizes!

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Sadly, there are many with perhaps only a single brain cell out there, the evidence is all over facebook if you care to look around. Lie long enough and people seem incapable of replacing it with reality. We tend to believe what we want to believe, facts be damned.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

I like how he said they need to find other divisive stories to write about. That sums the liberal MSM.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You know, the made up one that was proven to be a lie.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Free press?
Erm, no.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom
VVD You are right there!!
When I would hear," An anonymous insider says..." I used to think, what a brave person for spilling whats going on.
Now the first thought I have is, "now they're just making sh__ up".
Quite a difference!!!

edit on 18-8-2019 by Bob350 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   
It’s already beyond disgusting

It went past disgusting the moment the fbi has Joseph Mifsud approach George Papadopoulos

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Obama legalized propaganda, I believe in his second term. A lot of good that's done...

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808
Obama legalized propaganda, I believe in his second term. A lot of good that's done...

It's done well, for the left...

They report opinions, as though they were fact... they disregard facts, as inconclusive offal. It's awful.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join