It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook took down the "storm area 51 page"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 11:41 PM
link   
They took it down

www.facebook.com...

tweet by george knapp

twitter.com...

Answer by corbell

twitter.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: IMSAM

Seems the idea of half a million people storming a military base is starting to be taken a little more seriously.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Nah, it's fizzling out because it was only useful for tptb to take away attention from the Epstein case. Funny how the Area 51 hype started when it was coming out that the Clintons may have had something to do with Epsteins illegal dealings.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 12:02 AM
link   
cuz ppl no longer need to be distracted away from china lake and other current ops?

figures!

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 12:05 AM
link   

why am i not surprsised that corbell does not understand what free speech or cencorship actually mean

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 12:31 AM
link   
well it was bound to happen,calling to "Storm" a base must break all sorts of laws.Here in my country its punished with fines and imprisonment. They say they will move to reddit for their "base" of operations

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 01:08 AM
link   
It was a stupid idea to begin with. Best case scenario they don’t get in and see nothing. Worst case scenario a bunch of them get killed and they don’t get in and see nothing.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Wow you people really need to provide more than a sentence and a few links in a thread.

Lazy.

Just lazy.

By the way...who really cares?

edit on 6-8-2019 by 4891morfih because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-8-2019 by 4891morfih because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: 4891morfih
Wow you people really need to provide more than a sentence and a few links in a thread.

Lazy.

Just lazy.

2 million people who signed up for the event

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: KABOURIS72

What in the hell is your point?

On top of the laziest thread we now have the most ridiculous response to a comment.

Sorry but this site has taken a nose dive.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: KABOURIS72

Lazy.

Just lazy.

2 million people who signed up for the event

⬆️⬆️⬆️

Bwahahahaha! 🤣

On topic, the gubberment must have slapped Zuckers wrist.
It was a silly idea that would only result in deaths, so probably a good thing. 👍🏻

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 02:08 AM
link   

I really don't get this whole storm area 51 thing, nothing is there of importance, why not storm a Nevada brothel instead?

I mean at least at one of those you could do some real anal probing.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Lazy.

Just lazy.

Ah, but therein lies the conundrum.

If you work really hard and try to make a really good thread, full of excellent well researched information or deep philosophical questions and revelations - the odds are highly against you getting much attention.

Granted, there are a few instances where a good thread succeeds, but there are many more instances where it fails because 2 or 3 line OPs, pointless drivel, political nonsense, or mindless bickering overshadows it.

In my personal experience timing is also an important factor.
Here's what I've learned - that you need to pick that perfect moment where a lot of people are online and will be online in the next 24 hours - and there isn't any major media frenzies going on (which you need to gamble that there will not be during the next entire day) - and post it in that short window in order to grab attention and hold it.

One major issue we need to accept (because there's no way around it), is that over half of the readership will have a very short attention span and they will not be capable of much complex thinking for very long. It is tiresome, TLDR, etc. This is the ADD ADHD generation after all.

You have to blow their mind quickly and decisively, and you cannot challenge them too much. Of course, some members will thoroughly enjoy an in depth well devised thread, but most simply aren't in the mood for that very often. Most people are actually in the mood to read something for a few minutes and then respond with their opinions and ideas quickly, they crave interactivity.

I almost never admit this, but I am also of the belief that some threads (of which half of these are jam-packed with gibberish under the guise of well-researched data, but in reality are worthless) are artificially padded with false flags and stars - to make it "look like" 300 people read it and liked it - when in reality that's somewhat unlikely. How this artificial padding is achieved is anyone's guess, but I do know that there are certain individuals who are enterprising enough to go tell their buddies on other social media (like FB, twitter, etc) "hey come flag my thread" and those people will just flag it without even really reading it just to help their buddy. Which is fair-play I suppose, but I am not fortunate enough to have an army of friends to utilize that procedure.

There are many great threads buried in these forums (especially on things like UFO cases, hidden history, etc) that got lost in the shuffle because either they were posted at the wrong time frames, their intro section or title was not built very well, their formatting wasn't so great, or they were simply too academic in nature.

As I said before, I think perhaps half of all great threads get flushed without being really noticed.

But if you really want to get attention here - you can simply post a few lines in your OP and emotionally shock or outrage others creating a false dichotomy of debate. That type of thing is worthless in the end though, because it amounts to nothing. A form of this is to scour the news stations/websites and refresh it often and then be the first one to post a major news event - this also will get your thread to the top and generate tons of discussion/debate.

I'm not into that because I feel that it will detract from my real work here, and that's to educate people. I don't post threads often here, but when I do, I aim to teach people something important that they either keep forgetting and need a reminder or they just never thought about or knew much about before.

I admit that often my own motivation to create a great thread wanes as all of the complex factors involved here make it exceedingly difficult to produce a success, though it is still possible, even with some of the most challenging subjects and complex information.

And yes, like you, I am often annoyed that the pointless lazy OP threads inundate our board day to day. But that comes with the territory in user-generated social media where anyone can post a new thread. We just have to deal with it and do our best to work within that system.
edit on 8/6/2019 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/6/2019 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 04:11 AM
link   

a reply to: KABOURIS72

What in the hell is your point?

On top of the laziest thread we now have the most ridiculous response to a comment.

Sorry but this site has taken a nose dive.

No need. Calm down. The post was a jumping off point to discuss. If you think this place has "taken a nose dive" - give something more than aggy comments. Make ATS great again!

Also - Were people really ever going to raid Area 51? It's become a running joke/meme. right?

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 04:50 AM
link   
It's a pity it would have been good target practice and use of some live ammo for the armed forces

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Rule number 1:

Never reveal to your enemy what your plans are.

Rule number 2:

Don't use social media to share your plans.

Rule number 3:

Remain anonymous at all times.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

What an insightful post. Thank you for that.

You have managed to capture the mechanics and psychology of social media very well.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

This is all to true. I've had a few threads over the years that have been eclipsed by events that took over the news cycle.

And the timing of a post does indeed play a roll on how much activity a thread will have.

As for the subject of the OP, it's not a surprise that the page got taken down. It started as a troll but then ballooned beyond the original joke posting. It seems that many people have no actual clue as to the remoteness of the site and the reasons for such.
edit on 6-8-2019 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 05:38 AM
link   
There is a lot of weird stuff going on in the background at area 51 for a long time. I can understand the government taking a cautious approach to it. Actions like this will affect the overall turnout, but it not not be enough to stop everyone. Will just have to wait to really know what, if anything does happen.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Is it any different than gathering people to storm Wallmart and take everything without paying?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join