It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8chan goes offline after Cloudflare pulls support for website used by El Paso suspect

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Just an expression. Often people talk about this stuff afterwards but nothing is done (if it could be). It is not meant to be taken an absolute literal sense. You people should know that but then it is ATS.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Outsourcing intelligence work is sheer stupidity on our part.
edit on 5-8-2019 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
waiting for conservatives to come in screaming about "free speech" while also demanding that a private company host would be terrorism and some of the most vile # on the internet

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   
There are a few problems with how this all went down. First of all the "manifest" was originally posted on 4chan. Someone had simple grabbed the manifest and shared it on the 8. One problem with that was some of the 8 chan anons figured out it was actually posted 12 minutes after the shooting started. Thats the first screw up.

I dont know how many of you actually saw it, but I have it and it had to be written by someone that was very articulate and extremely literate. Now I never met the shooter (s) obviously, but I find this a little suspect.

Taking into account that most of the recent shootings that have been blamed on the 8 actually did originate on the 4. What I mean by this are the "shooters" themselves. They were posting on 4 chan. Things they accused the 4 of actually came from the 8. Those kind of things were the digs from the anons that found the actual holes in the news stories etc. So as you can see it is a very tangled mess.

Now what does 8 chan have that 4 doesnt? For one it has the Q board and that is where the heavy digs really occur as far as a information flow. Not all of it Q related, but the news is watched closely there and things are picked right down to the bone in fact and discrepancy findings.

When you have a collection of "autistic" folks digging into your business and finding all the holes in the story you are trying to present through the MSM, and they are also capable of moving those truths out through social networks on a pretty massive scale, You have a BIG PROBLEM. One example which Im sure most of you have seen by now is the NY POST changing the guy they are accusing of being the El Paso shooter. Thats not even mentioning all the Official Pdf kind of files they find.

Yes both Chans have a lot of nutcases on them, but that one Q board is the one they really wanted down. They have tried to for months to derail it to no avail. They know it was getting new readers of it daily. They posted all kind of sick things to try and deter the new readers. None of it worked. They were simple muted and put on ignore and the research continued on.

Whether Q is real or not is beside the point. The threat was the information being dug up on a daily bases. That is what scares them.
This site itself used to have some terrific digs. It was awesome. Politics took a lot of the life out of this site and derailed it pretty good sadly. Thing is though, this side could have also been considered a threat in its day. ATS is just more polished. The chans are RAW.

The thing that is most important and shouldn't be forgotten nor overlooked in this whole mess is FREE SPEECH. This should concern anyone and everyone. That is what is really being threatened now and that's the ball you really need to keep your eyes on.

(post by crisisactor removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat

they have proven themselves to be lawless and that lawlessness has caused multiple tragic deaths

WTF? Many of these shooters used Facebook and Twitter....do they really want to start blaming websites for the actions of their members?

Does FaceBook and Twitter own their internet hosting platform? If so, only the government could shut them down.

If it's not too hard to do, 8-channel should assume 100% ownership of it's pipeline.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

m.imgur.com...

Frazzledrip screenshot? Is this why it was shut down?
edit on 6-8-2019 by danielpoison because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

How about they want to stop the spread of hate talk.

I'm one of the least hateful among us but I will defend the right of people to say what they feel. I prefer honesty and openness over deceit and hidden agendas.

And how do you think it is even possible to "stop the spread of hate talk" ? Not only is it impossible to silence the opinions of random people everywhere, but even attempting to do it only adds gas to the fire.

The very desire to censor people's "hate" is extremely dangerous to begin with.

What if we censored anyone who "hates" Trump?
How would you feel then, Sillyolme?

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

Thanks for sharing.

I think your assessment sounds pretty reasonable.

That the real agenda here was to shut down a truth-seeker operation, rather than to punish 8 for hosting this guy's posts.

One problem with that was some of the 8 chan anons figured out it was actually posted 12 minutes after the shooting started. Thats the first screw up.

That sounds really suspicious...

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Free speech is important and needs to be protected. Death threats and seeking validation from other loons to commit a crime can't be protected in the long run.
"muzzleflash is a stupid dick and an asshole" is fine, "muzzleflash I cut your dick off and make you eat it while your children watch" is not.
Sure just because I say it doesn't mean I'll do it but if ten people come along and encourage me to do it the risk I will rises. That's just how humans work.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 02:32 AM
link   
“Muslims have the right to kill anyone who insults mohammed” : he’s just exercising his freedom of speech and his religious beliefs

“I think people should have to enter the country legally if they want to immigrate here” : ultra racist fascist hate speech that deserves life imprisonment

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Freudian slip?
Now I know what you really think about me.
Heheh

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

No it just was an example.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
waiting for conservatives to come in screaming about "free speech" while also demanding that a private company host would be terrorism and some of the most vile # on the internet

They like hate Chan, platforms that facilite would be mass murderers is protected speech under the first amendment apparently .

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: toysforadults

They like hate Chan, platforms that facilite would be mass murderers is protected speech under the first amendment apparently .

Just like ‘speakers corner’ in London?

Facilitating the promotion of mass murder is most definitely protected as ‘free speech’ on that ultra-leftist podium.

Anjem choudary anyone?

But speaking AGAINST those people most definitely is not. According to the left.

8 chan should be shut down for the exact reasons you state. Facilitating ACTUAL ‘hate speech’.

But it’s funny that the shoe on the other foot is vehemently protected.

Well, not ‘funny’. More like ‘pathetic’
edit on 6 8 2019 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Hate speech is pretty awful, I'm not sure how it can be contained other that hitting it with the ban hammer, threats of violence online should Garner the same punishment it would in real life. I don't see it it terms of left and right ,as far as I'm concerned hate speech doesn't have a political offilation.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

That’s true.
But it seems ‘hate speech’ is defined a whole lot differently depending what ‘side’ one is on

“Every Muslim has the right to kill those who insult mohammed” is most definitely ‘hate speech’
“I think people should immigrate legally if they want to live here” is most definitely not ‘hate speech’

There are people who have the exact opposite definition of those statements. And every one of them is a ‘leftist’.

And if it doesn’t have a political offiliation then why claim ‘conservatives love platforms that promote would be mass murderers’?

We definitely don’t.

Anyway, pretty bad shet happening and I think we’re probably all way-off in our opinions on who or what is at fault.

I personally think these two shootings are conveniently ‘timed’ (with the massive failures of the dEms debates, the Russia hoax failure, Clinton-Epstein connection, Hong Kong riots, huge gains in support by President Trump as of late, the list is endless) and reeks of false flag BUT I bet I’m way-off too.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

That’s true.
But it seems ‘hate speech’ is defined a whole lot differently depending what ‘side’ one is on

“Every Muslim has the right to kill those who insult mohammed” is most definitely ‘hate speech’
“I think people should immigrate legally if they want to live here” is most definitely not ‘hate speech’

There are people who have the exact opposite definition of those statements. And every one of them is a ‘leftist’.

And if it doesn’t have a political offiliation then why claim ‘conservatives love platforms that promote would be mass murderers’?

We definitely don’t.

Anyway, pretty bad shet happening and I think we’re probably all way-off in our opinions on who or what is at fault.

I personally think these two shootings are conveniently ‘timed’ (with the massive failures of the dEms debates, the Russia hoax failure, Clinton-Epstein connection, Hong Kong riots, huge gains in support by President Trump as of late, the list is endless) and reeks of false flag BUT I bet I’m way-off too.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

The manifesto was originally posted on 8chan at 10:15 local time. First reports of an active shooter came at 11:09. So anyone at 8chan claiming the manifesto wasn't posted until after the shooting started appear to be wrong. Unless you have proof that the shooting was going on for over an hour before the police warned people of an active shooter situation.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 06:08 AM
link   

They have gone into the deepest and darkest realms, the beast can no longer harm them because they live in its belly and shall experience much deserved tummy pains,.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join