It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Some Trump Voters Could Switch To Gabbard !

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Because they do not know what she actually stands for. She speaks and sounds very moderate. When you look at what her policies are and what she supports she is so radical she already fell off the cliff.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
9) She has gravitas as a Major(still active in the national guard) in the military and served in Iraq as a combat medic.

And yet has no idea at all about guns and 'assault' weapons.

She also wants to end all fossil fuels in the US by 2035. No gasoline, no coal, nothing. Illegal to import and illegal to export, she says it needs to stay in the ground. She also wants no more nuclear.

100% green energy only by 2035 all other forms of energy will not be allowed.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

She fought against AOCs Green New Deal ... but only because she had her own crazy far left Green Deal she was trying to get passed.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
She’s much more moderate than they others which to be fair isn’t hard since the rest are raving lunatics

Is she though? What progressive policies is she moderate on? She SOUNDS moderate, but that is only because she is a quintessential politician and tells everyone what they want to hear. She has flipped on all her positions, even went from a R to a D in order to run and win.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I'm rooting for her. She's not part of the left clique, and it would be nice to have a president who can form sentences again.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   
as some others have stated, she is sane in a crazy house, so she stands out. Banning "assault weapons" is idiotic, so she needs some education on that front. But her most endearing quality is the same thing that makes me like Trump. Neither want to get the US into more wars. They understand the cost of a human life. On either side. That alone goes a damn long way with me.

If Tulsi was serious and wants to win, I can offer her some of my time to help out on key issues. (joking)

But not joking, she will never get the airtime or the nod. The leaders already made up their mind. She will get Ron Pauled, and be evicted to her cell on the big island. it's rough, but has a nice view.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I seldom star and flag any threads but this one Blue, I have. I find your points on Gabbard as the best candidate to run against Trump in 2020 to be our best path forward for the nation.

Many here can agree that a major reason Trump won in 16 was that the Clinton Machine was not how we wanted to chart the course for the nation in the coming years. On that I join in agreement. But in voting against that machine the choice was only Trump.

For many as you suggest, Trump was exactly what they wanted, but for many others he was not yet they voted for in anyway because, you know, Clinton.

The American people need a good choice, a solid choice in this next election. And agreeing with all of your post, Gabbard is from what I have seen of the current contenders the only real possiblity that the Dems offer for us to make a valit choice.

As well, you mention those of us who voted for Paul and or Kuchinich. I was one of those. I voted for Paul in all his primaries while looking across the isle and rooting for Kuchinich. With few exceptions the rest of my presidential voting history has been for third and fourth party candidates.

So thank you for that list of positive attributes that Tulsi has that do make her the very best chance to take back our government from the Trump Machine.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Gabbard has a brain but that alone is not going to help displace the chaotic Democratic party that we have today that lies and twists words to meet their political agenda. We need a Republican president to fight the bad consensus that has taken over the Democrats in Congress. Or maybe if the Democrats just get their heads out of their butts and do the right things for American citizens again, at that point I will start voting for Democrats again. As for now, I am adamant in never voting for another Democrat again as long as I live. Maybe if their party got more honest and concerned about our citizens I would think about considering it, but with the media fueling the deception, I doubt if the Dems will even try to curb the media.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   
After Tulsi destroyed Matressback Harris by calling her out on her record as prosecutor [notably, Kamala changed race from Indian to African since her last election], she and Biden chatted a bit after the liars club meeting on who could buy the most votes with promises of free stuff. If Biden gets the nomination, Gabbard may well be the VP candidate and heir apparent after one term for Joe. Gabbard does not yet have enough of a base to be POTUS and a term as VP will give her what she is missing. Wait to see if he sniffs her hair. If Joe, an old white guy, get the nomination, there has to be a black or female and the others are too whacked out or have attacked Joe. Warren is making too many stupid promises while obviously trying to buy votes. She is becoming as unlikeable as Hillary. Pandering to Sharpton by some was even criticized by the NYT and WaPo, a shock as these rarely criticize the media darlings.
Hollyweird is pushing for Oprah [too many skeletons] or Michelle Obama [says no, at this point]. The Dems may be going through the motions at this point since none of their candidates stand out. If they don't have a stealth candidate waiting in the wings [Michelle?] they are planning for 2024. Crazy Bernie and Creepy Joe will be gone by then so the Trans Lesbian Black Hispanic Other-Abled candidate will show the inclusivity of the party by being exponentially diverse, the only real qualification.

One downside for Tulsi is that she seems to be a Hare Krishna member or supporter which may hurt her chances at any elected office.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   

1) Because these are the same people that always go for the anti-establishment candidate

I can't believe there are still people who believe in such a thing. An anti-establishment presidential candidate...

Whatever you have to tell yourselves I guess.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I hold out hope dude that she still may win. The dem machine is not as unified and all powerful as some may think. We see that here on a daily basis, all the threads and post offering indications that they are in disarray.

These last couple of debates(debates??, more dog and pony shows) portray a very sad group of contenders and those who have floated to the top, the flotsam and jettsom if you will are hacking at one another, scrabbling for the top job. With all of them pushing for their own visions I think that that Dem machine knows it is only running on a few cylinders.

One thing that has changed is that the Super Delegate system of primary voting has changed. Because of a new ruling they have limited that machine voting block from voting their Super status on the first ballot. Should the first ballot bring forth a candidate that might win by acclamation that Super Delegate vote would be nullified.

And when it comes down to it, as our OP has suggested, the one thing that that fragmented party has in common is that they all agree that their primary goal at this time is to defeat Trump in 2020. As time goes by, should more moderate voters recognize the potential of Gabbard they will see as well that she is the best chance of taking his place in the White House in 2020

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Tulsi being a member of the CFR will ultimately work in her favor. Her CFR buddies will kick in enough cash for her to make her campaign look like a hollywood rockstar blockbuster. Politics is about perception, presentation and money. Mostly Money!!

Trump has a solid lock on the far right wing but most voters are mostly MOTR independants and democrats. With the right VP she might just pull it off....
edit on 3-8-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Shes was a Republican who switched to a Democrat. Enough said.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
According to her policies, shes really not more moderate than the rest of the pack.

However, she does seem a helluva lot more sane. It pretty clearly shows the disparity, and ideally disconnect, between actual policy positions and whatever the hell you want to call the behavior of the rest.

With her, I have big issues with her positions. With the rest, I have big issues with their positions and their ideology.
edit on 3-8-2019 by Serdgiam because: Fred

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

What policy of hers do you like that is different than the standard left clique?

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   
disregard
edit on 3-8-2019 by TheGreatWork because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I don't agree with some of Gabbards policies or opinions but she is by far the most genuine person who is running for President and I include Trump in that statement. She believes what she says and is smart enough to listen and willing to change her mind if someone convinces her with an argument.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

She went from R to D to win an election. She flipped on gay rights to win. She flipped on gun rights. She flipped on abortion rights. She said she was against Green New Deal and then sponsored her own version.

In what way is she genuine?

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
I'm rooting for her. She's not part of the left clique, and it would be nice to have a president who can form sentences again.

Not happening for multiple reasons.
You pointed out the main reason. She's not part of the collective Borg mentality that is modern liberalism. Therefore must be silenced. The other big one is limiting people's right to self defense.

About the complete sentence thing...
Actions are always louder than words. While you all are obsessing over misspoken words and slip's of the tongue like you have never stumbled over yourself before. The rest of us are looking at the results of his policies.

You're more than happy to attack his character. But afraid to attack his policies.

Why's that?
Is it because you got nothing at this point?
No collusion.
No corruption.
No sexual misconduct.
No tax evasion.
No racism.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: highvein

She went from R to D to win an election. She flipped on gay rights to win. She flipped on gun rights. She flipped on abortion rights. She said she was against Green New Deal and then sponsored her own version.

In what way is she genuine?

She changed her mind. What you have posted proves my point. She is someone you can work with.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join