It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians, STOP IGNORING the Lord's Day

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: ScatteredThirdAngel

No wonder atheists can’t stand christians, your babbling is spite filled rhetoric
There is no love

If telling you the the wages of unrepentant iniquity lands you in hellfire is hateful, then so be it. The wages of known, unrepentant iniquity, for any soul, is hellfire, and then death.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: EasternShadow

originally posted by: ScatteredThirdAngel
You must read the entirety of the commandment, not only part of it.

Exodus 20:8-11  Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.  9  Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:  10  But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:  11  For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

"To keep it holy" literally shows the very purpose of the Sabbath. It is a holy day of rest for mankind away from secular duties and activities. Church, Teaching, and even doing the miracle of healing, loosing someone from the bonds of Satan, is part of keeping the day holy. You are interpreting the Sabbath just like the Pharisees of old, instead of the way that Christ Jesus did it Himself.

Exodus sermons and convenant on Mount Sinai by Moses had become obsolete.

Hebrew 8:13
8 But God found fault with the people and said: “The days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of Judah. 9 It will not be like the covenant I made with their ancestors when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they did not remain faithful to my covenant, and I turned away from them, declares the Lord. 10 This is the covenant I will establish with the people of Israel after that time, declares the Lord. I will put my laws in their minds and write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. 11 No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’ because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest. 12 For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.” 13 By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.

Ephesians 2:15
15 by setting aside in his flesh the law with its commands and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new humanity out of the two, thus making peace.

1. "We are not under the law" (Rom. 6:14; Gal. 5:18).
2. We are dead to the law (Rom. 7:4).
3. We are delivered from the law (Rom. 7:6).
4. Christ is the end of the law (Rom. 10:4).
5. "Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us to Christ .... we are no longer under a schoolmaster" (Gal. 3:24, 25).
6. "The law" has been abolished (Eph. 2:15).

The 10 Commandments never become obsolete.

1. Read two more verses down from what you quoted.

Romans 6:14-16  For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.  15  What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.  16  Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Can you break the law, even though you are not under the law? God forbid. You are a servant of righteousness. The law shows you what is righteousness.

2. You are dead to the law in the sense that the death required of the law has been paid for. You are not dead in the sense wherein it doesn't matter if you break it anymore.

3. We are delivered from the death required of the law.

4. Yes, Christ is the end of the law. Not the law ended because of Christ. Who PERFECTLY walks in perfection to God's law? Christ.

5. Ceremonial Law, not 10 Commandments.

6. Ceremonial Law, not 10 Commandments.

Please look at the context of that which you post.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ScatteredThirdAngel

Jesus used the term "not lawful". Not lawful, yet they "continue guiltless". In no way is Jesus saying that what his disciples were doing (or David and the priests he uses as examples) was "perfectly lawful". Nope, it was "not lawful", in his own words, yet they continue guiltless just like the examples Jesus uses of those who have violated the Sabbath in the past. Yes, what he's saying there is that one can violate the Sabbath yet continue guiltless.

You have forgotten the weightier matters of the Law.

How come you get to say that Jesus is arguing the exact opposite of what he's actually saying there? Jesus says: "not lawful", you say that he's arguing that it's "perfectly lawful"? Aren't you being a little dishonest with yourself with your eisegesis? The priests he uses as an example have according to Jesus also violated the Sabbath, so what they were doing wasn't "perfectly lawful" either. You seem to equate "perfectly lawful" with "guiltless", which is clearly, by these examples Jesus uses and him spelling it out for ye, not the same thing.

Details regarding the weightier matters of the Law can be found in this comment. Especially this part concerning this topic:

List of the Ten Commandments:

1. ...
2. ...
3. ...
4. Keep the Sabbath.​—Exodus 20:​8-​11.
Must Christians keep the Ten Commandments?

No. God gave his Law, including the Ten Commandments, specifically to the ancient nation of Israel. (Deuteronomy 5:​2, 3; Psalm 147:19, 20) The Mosaic Law is not binding on Christians, and even Jewish Christians were “released from the Law.” (Romans 7:6; verse 7 uses the tenth commandment as an example of “the Law,” thus proving that the Mosaic Law included the Ten Commandments.) The Mosaic Law was replaced by “the law of the Christ,” which includes all that Jesus instructed his followers to do.​—Galatians 6:2; Matthew 28:19, 20.

Are the Ten Commandments relevant today?

Yes. Because the Ten Commandments reveal God’s thinking, we can benefit from studying them. (2 Timothy 3:​16, 17) The Ten Commandments are based on reliable principles that will never go out-of-date. (Psalm 111:​7, 8) In fact, many of these principles underlie the teachings of what is commonly called the New Testament.​—See “Principles from the Ten Commandments reflected in the New Testament” further below.
Principles from the Ten Commandments reflected in the New Testament:

Principle (New Testament Reference)

Worship only Jehovah God (Revelation 22:​8, 9)

Do not practice idolatry (1 Corinthians 10:14)

Honor God’s name (Matthew 6:9)

Worship God regularly (Hebrews 10:24, 25) [that one corresponds with the earlier 4th commandment]