It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians, STOP IGNORING the Lord's Day

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScatteredThirdAngel

originally posted by: Malisa

a reply to: ScatteredThirdAngel

I did not look up what "The Lords" day is or what it meants

I just wanted to ask about something here, why are you giving it such importance that you try to enforce it on other people, when it is, like most of other things in religion, something that normal humans decided to observe?

Hear me out, who said this was something actually required by God? I did not think God had a preference for days or followed a human made calendar? As it is, it doesn't make any sense to me why this day is more important than any other day, dates are a human made thing!

Isaiah 8:20  To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Either one believes it is the Word of God, or they do not. God spake clearly to the prophet Isaiah if you do not agree with the law, if you do not agree with His Word, it is because you have no light in you.

If they don't agree with me they are evil?

That's some loving God that created me then LMFAO!

I don't think you understand the concept of a all-loving God, you only understand the concept of how God must behave in accordance to human beliefs

You are looking at things from inside the picture that was drawn for you by another human. You are conditioned to think anyone who doesn't agree is automatically bad. This is simple black or white attitude. That concept of black or white is not something a God would consider. Can you see the flaw in that statement? It points to it being written by egotistic humans and not God.

In other words, you are forcing your concept of God into us, without even knowing God yourself in the first place. Think

Too bad

Yes, actually, if you don't agree with God, you are evil. If you don't agree with what He is saying, you agree with what Satan is saying. He is all-knowing. You are a finite being, in a fallen world.

Oh dude, you can't grasp it at all

God is not black or white, how did you happen to miss this all your life? That's how a human thinks, a controlling one.

You are lost now, so sorry for you

You are basically acting like the people that crucified Jesus and think that's all cool and pure and it will gain you God's favor.. LMFAO!
edit on 4-8-2019 by Malisa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Yes! Stop ignoring my day you puny mortals!

After all this time and effort I put in making the duckbilled platypus, and you just ignore my day? Pffffft!
edit on 482019 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic

originally posted by: visitedbythem

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Christ really ripped the religious leaders of his time on Earth. He tore them a new one over their religious behaviors

He ripped on their heinous traditions, and their hypocrisy. Not once will you find Jesus rip on the 10 Commandments. Not once. As a matter of fact, the Bible prophesied He would do the exact opposite.

Isaiah 42:21  The LORD is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.

Yep, those rascal disciples picking and eating grain on the Sabath. Naughty naughty!

Anyone who thinks that the Sabbath condemns walking through a grain field to go preach with the Lord Jesus, and learn of Him, and thinks to pluck the grains is sin doesn't understand the Sabbath Day at all. That's why Jesus defended His disciples. God says do not work. If they harvested the entire field, they would be in sin. For example, if I plucked a few apples from an apple tree --> no sin involved. If I went out and harvested the entire thing, to bring it home --> that is sin.

So your argument boils down to what these disciples were doing doesn't count as 'working on the Sabbath day', because they weren't harvesting the entire field. But if that was Jesus' point when he defended his disciples, why didn't he say anything about it? Why does he talk about entirely different things?

He doesn't deny that his disciples were indeed working on the Sabbath day, or doing something "not lawful" or something that "violate[d] the Sabbath" (quotations from what he said, as quoted in my previous comment, as applied to the examples Jesus uses of those who have violated the Sabbath in the past yet "continue guiltless"). Instead he brings up examples of those who have violated the Sabbath and yet remain guiltless, i.e. there's no problem with it; incidentally, the examples he uses are people who did concern themselves more with the weightier matters of the Law rather than whether or not someone is ignoring or violating the Sabbath. His points are as clear to me as your 'complaint' about those supposedly 'ignoring (violating) the Sabbath' sounds familiar to me.

Note that there are 2 examples where the Pharisees were basically accusing him or his disciples for "ignoring" (violating) the Sabbath day (see my previous comment).

Do you hear your argument? You're saying Jesus is defending breaking the Sabbath, which is literally sin. The LORD had a man gathering sticks on the Sabbath put to death. Yes, plucking a little bit of wheat/corn and eating it right there was not sin, because it was not being reaped, and brought back to their place. Jesus wasn't defending sin, He was proving that if it's perfectly lawful for David to eat of hallowed bread, then it's perfectly lawful for them on the hallowed day to be walking through and pluck the wheat. Why? Because there was no work being involved. If you want to stretch the definition of work to be literally any type of movement, then you will have quite the difficulty understanding the benefit of the Sabbath, and see only a curse in it.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
The Lords day is today.
Today is ignored because man believes that he lives in time.
Today is overlooked because thought stories speak of other times.

The Lord's Day is different from the time of salvation being now, or hearing His voice now.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oleandra88
a reply to: Itisnowagain
Yes it is sunday.. and you are here, on a computer, working hard to push your religion. Think about it

Sunday is not the Lord's Day, and the commandment says keep the day "holy". Holy labor is acceptable on the Sabbath. It is meant for spiritual, and holy benefit.

You also said:

People should keep whatever they want I would say.

People can do whatever they want. As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Nehemiah was not a Christian so had to live under the law
Stop preaching Judaism at me, I am a christian under Christ’s covenant
I am not a Jew

You can’t answer my simple questions so stop acting like you know everything

What have I failed to answer?

By the way, 1 Corinthians 6:10 doesn't defend lawless behaviour. Having all things being lawful to us, does not mean that murder and theft are now lawful for the Christian.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: whereislogic
Below are some additional examples of Jesus / God 'working' on the Sabbath.
I think he would have considered the OP one of those hypocrites who he " looked around at them in anger and, deeply distressed at their stubborn hearts"
Mark 3:5

Luke 13:10-17 New Living Translation (NLT)

10 One Sabbath day as Jesus was teaching in a synagogue, 11 he saw a woman who had been crippled by an evil spirit. She had been bent double for eighteen years and was unable to stand up straight. 12 When Jesus saw her, he called her over and said, “Dear woman, you are healed of your sickness!” 13 Then he touched her, and instantly she could stand straight. How she praised God! 14 But the leader in charge of the synagogue was indignant that Jesus had healed her on the Sabbath day. “There are six days of the week for working,” he said to the crowd. “Come on those days to be healed, not on the Sabbath.” 15 But the Lord replied, “You hypocrites! Each of you works on the Sabbath day! Don’t you untie your ox or your donkey from its stall on the Sabbath and lead it out for water? 16 This dear woman, a daughter of Abraham, has been held in bondage by Satan for eighteen years. Isn’t it right that she be released, even on the Sabbath?” 17 This shamed his enemies, but all the people rejoiced at the wonderful things he did.

John 7:23 Verse Concepts

"If a man receives circumcision on the Sabbath so that the Law of Moses will not be broken, are you angry with Me because I made an entire man well on the Sabbath?

Mark 3:4

And He said to them, "Is it lawful to do good or to do harm on the Sabbath, to save a life or to kill?" But they kept silent.

All around the world Christians are being taught Jesus defended breaking the Sabbath. He did NOT do this. Jesus did NOT defend breaking the law of God, He did NOT defend sin. He was TEACHING what IS appropriate on the Holy Sabbath Day, in the same way He taught that ADULTERY condemned wicked heart actions. Their outward observance of the Sabbath with overly strict laws was condemned. If you honestly believe that healing someone on the Sabbath means it's okay to break the Sabbath, they you are entirely misunderstanding the Sabbath commandment.

By the way, John 7:23 literally proves, they kept the Law of Moses (circumcision) on the Sabbath (the law of God). Jesus literally separates the two right in front of people, and they do not see it.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

I see you continue to choose to gloss over the fact that all of those verses claim that it was part of the Old Covenant that God made with them at that time.

The Bible does not teach us that the Sabbath was only for the children of Israel, seeing as how:

1) It was seen in Genesis before a single child of Israel existed.
2) That day in Genesis was made for man, according to Jesus.
3) The Sabbath will be kept by all flesh in heaven.

Genesis 2:3  And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Mark 2:27  And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:

Isaiah 66:22-23  For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.  23  And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 11:43 PM
link   

I just wanted to ask about something here, why are you giving it such importance that you try to enforce it on other people, when it is, like most of other things in religion, something that normal humans decided to observe?

Hear me out, who said this was something actually required by God? I did not think God had a preference for days or followed a human made calendar? As it is, it doesn't make any sense to me why this day is more important than any other day, dates are a human made thing!

Isaiah 8:20  To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Either one believes it is the Word of God, or they do not. God spake clearly to the prophet Isaiah if you do not agree with the law, if you do not agree with His Word, it is because you have no light in you.

I don't think you understand the concept of a all-loving God, you only understand the concept of how God must behave in accordance to human beliefs

You are looking at things from inside the picture that was drawn for you by another human. You are conditioned to think anyone who doesn't agree is automatically bad. This is simple black or white attitude. That concept of black or white is not something a God would consider. Can you see the flaw in that statement? It points to it being written by egotistic humans and not God.

In other words, you are forcing your concept of God into us, without even knowing God yourself in the first place. Think

Too bad

Yes, actually, if you don't agree with God, you are evil. If you don't agree with what He is saying, you agree with what Satan is saying. He is all-knowing. You are a finite being, in a fallen world.

God is not black or white, how did you happen to miss this all your life? That's how a human thinks, a controlling one.

You are basically acting like the people that crucified Jesus and think that's all cool and pure and it will gain you God's favor.. LMFAO!

You are deceived by Satan if you do not have a clear concept of right and wrong, and think there is no standard which God upholds. Yes, everything is black and white, whether we understand where the line is drawn or not.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 12:05 AM
link   

All around the world Christians are being taught Jesus defended breaking the Sabbath. He did NOT do this. Jesus did NOT defend breaking the law of God, He did NOT defend sin. He was TEACHING what IS appropriate on the Holy Sabbath Day, in the same way He taught that ADULTERY condemned wicked heart actions. Their outward observance of the Sabbath with overly strict laws was condemned. If you honestly believe that healing someone on the Sabbath means it's okay to break the Sabbath, they you are entirely misunderstanding the Sabbath commandment.

By the way, John 7:23 literally proves, they kept the Law of Moses (circumcision) on the Sabbath (the law of God). Jesus literally separates the two right in front of people, and they do not see it.

Teaching and healing is not I understand to be resting.

Colossians 2:16-17
16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Too bad

You are deceived by Satan if you do not have a clear concept of right and wrong, and think there is no standard which God upholds. Yes, everything is black and white, whether we understand where the line is drawn or not.

LMFAO!

This is so sad, but fun at the same time, like Gray instead of black & white

Like whisky, you can have some fun but you don't know how ridiculous and sad you look while getting drunk

Now here you are guy, speaking in God's name. You must know him well you feel entitled to speak in his name, about things he never said

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 12:36 AM
link   

I am not a Jew

By the way, 1 Corinthians 6:10 doesn't defend lawless behaviour. Having all things being lawful to us, does not mean that murder and theft are now lawful for the Christian.

I didn’t say lawlessness was acceptable, I am not preaching antonomianism. Christians are not Jews, we are not under the Mosaic covenant
Is stealing ok to feed those dying of starvation? Not for you, let the sick and poor die so you can be acceptable for God. Even Jesus worked on the sabath to heal, you condemn Him like the Pharisees condemned Jesus

I don’t abide by laws that are exclusive of love
I am not a Jew, everyday is the Lords day, not just the one you want
If you want to keep the laws that’s fine, exclude me, I have a valid theology that allows me to
Yours is not compatible so stop forcing your opinion on me, it’s not love, it’s legalism.
Jesus ended religion

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: EasternShadow

16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.

It’s amazing that you can quote the written word and it is completely ignored and invalid by seventh day adventists
It’s like they are still blind to the truths of Christ

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Your works, your personal righteous efforts are useless and worth nothing
Only faith and grace in Christ will make you acceptable to God

You sound like a banging gong or clashing symbol

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Totally off topic sorry guys, but Raggedyman i sent a pm to ask something. I know the msg icon is not working so i just wanted to let you know, thank you

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: EasternShadow

You must read the entirety of the commandment, not only part of it.

Exodus 20:8-11  Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.  9  Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:  10  But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:  11  For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

"To keep it holy" literally shows the very purpose of the Sabbath. It is a holy day of rest for mankind away from secular duties and activities. Church, Teaching, and even doing the miracle of healing, loosing someone from the bonds of Satan, is part of keeping the day holy. You are interpreting the Sabbath just like the Pharisees of old, instead of the way that Christ Jesus did it Himself.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I am not a Jew

I didn’t say lawlessness was acceptable, I am not preaching antonomianism. Christians are not Jews, we are not under the Mosaic covenant
Is stealing ok to feed those dying of starvation? Not for you, let the sick and poor die so you can be acceptable for God. Even Jesus worked on the sabath to heal, you condemn Him like the Pharisees condemned Jesus

I don’t abide by laws that are exclusive of love
I am not a Jew, everyday is the Lords day, not just the one you want
If you want to keep the laws that’s fine, exclude me, I have a valid theology that allows me to
Yours is not compatible so stop forcing your opinion on me, it’s not love, it’s legalism.
Jesus ended religion

NO, stealing is NOT okay to feed those dying of starvation. When did God EVER say it's okay to break His law? Never! He might wink at our times of ignorance, but you honestly think the only way to help them is to STEAL? That means you have NO FAITH, and you believe God's law is TOO STRICT, EXACTLY like the OP says. If you can only "Trust the Lord" in disobedience, you don't trust Him at all.

See my previous post to Malisa about healing on the Sabbath. Long story short, healing someone, loosing them from the bonds of Satan, is in harmony with what the Sabbath day is about. In the very first verse in the law about the Sabbath it says, "to keep it holy." Helping someone else to be holier, and to keep it holy, loosing them from the bond of Satan on the Sabbath, is LITERALLY what you SHOULD be doing on the Sabbath Day.

The Sabbath is not exclusive from love. Keeping the Sabbath is part of showing our supreme love for God. Everyday is not the Lord's day, though you can regard everyday to the Lord if you so choose. Only one day is the Lord's Day, and it is the Sabbath Day. And no, the Sabbath is not legalism. Keeping it like a Pharisee is legalism. But resting from secular labor,and healing, and preaching, as the Lord Jesus Christ did on the Sabbath, is love. I will abide by what He did, not by what the Pharisees did.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Romans 2:13  (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

James 1:22  But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

I will be a doer of the law. Jesus died for my sins, and I can do all things through Christ, and have been made a servant of righteousness. You do as you please, but if you knowingly choose iniquity (lawlessness), your fate will be sealed once the plagues begin, and you will be doomed to the fire reserved for the devil and his angels. Your only hope is to rely on Jesus AND keep the 10 Commandments, for it is written:

Revelation 12:17  And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Revelation 14:12  Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Revelation 22:14  Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
edit on 11-8-2019 by ScatteredThirdAngel because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-8-2019 by ScatteredThirdAngel because: Needful

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 04:35 AM
link   

No wonder atheists can’t stand christians, your babbling is spite filled rhetoric
There is no love

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 05:03 AM
link   

You must read the entirety of the commandment, not only part of it.

Exodus 20:8-11  Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.  9  Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:  10  But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:  11  For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

"To keep it holy" literally shows the very purpose of the Sabbath. It is a holy day of rest for mankind away from secular duties and activities. Church, Teaching, and even doing the miracle of healing, loosing someone from the bonds of Satan, is part of keeping the day holy. You are interpreting the Sabbath just like the Pharisees of old, instead of the way that Christ Jesus did it Himself.

Exodus sermons and convenant on Mount Sinai by Moses had become obsolete.

Hebrew 8:13
8 But God found fault with the people and said: “The days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of Judah. 9 It will not be like the covenant I made with their ancestors when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they did not remain faithful to my covenant, and I turned away from them, declares the Lord. 10 This is the covenant I will establish with the people of Israel after that time, declares the Lord. I will put my laws in their minds and write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. 11 No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’ because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest. 12 For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.” 13 By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.

Ephesians 2:15
15 by setting aside in his flesh the law with its commands and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new humanity out of the two, thus making peace.

1. "We are not under the law" (Rom. 6:14; Gal. 5:18).
2. We are dead to the law (Rom. 7:4).
3. We are delivered from the law (Rom. 7:6).
4. Christ is the end of the law (Rom. 10:4).
5. "Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us to Christ .... we are no longer under a schoolmaster" (Gal. 3:24, 25).
6. "The law" has been abolished (Eph. 2:15).

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join