It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians, STOP IGNORING the Lord's Day

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   
We can offer the Lord no excuses for ignoring His holy day. Had it been impossible to keep the Lord's Day holy, He never would have commanded it in the first place. An entire nation (Israel) could keep the Sabbath holy, with no problems, and were without excuse when they broke it. "But", say some, "I must work on the Lord's Day to support my family." This shows a lack of faith in God. This says to the world that the requirements of God are so overbearing; that we cannot live happily obedience to all His requirements; that we must sin to be happy and protect our families. This position justifies Satan and his angels, and the fallen human race. We do not trust God to protect us, and our families, rather we trust Satan in his rebellion with our lives.

Were we to keep the Lord's Day holy, what should we expect?

Isaiah 58:13-14 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words: 14 Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

Those who have the faith, those who will trust God with all their hearts, will enter into rest with Christ.

Hebrews 4:3-4 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. 4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

Hebrews 4:9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ScatteredThirdAngel
Every day is the Lords days because He is our sabbath rest 24/7.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck
Every day is the Lords days because He is our sabbath rest 24/7.

Exodus 20:10  But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

The Lord is not His Sabbath. He is Lord of the Sabbath Day, not the Sabbath itself. And consider this:

Even if Jesus was our Sabbath, that would give us no right to break the 7th Day Sabbath. He is the way, truth, and life, right? So, because He is life, can I murder? Because He is truth, can I lie? Then even if He was the Sabbath (which He is not), then I could not ignore the Lord's Day.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Why the word "Lord"? Why not the word "Steward" or some other word a little less totalitarian and little more egalitarian.

It just seems to it's rather peculiar the type of government that is considered to be divine is the same one favored by King James who's name appears on the version of the translation. I doubt very much monarchy is the one true divine form of government. An omnipotent God needs absolutely nothing from us.

God is perfect, complete, and whole without any desires or needs. If we want to honor God then we should stop being selfish and self-centered and give up our entire being and commit our lives to be in the service of others 24/7.

Just my two cents.

edit on 2-8-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Does anybody really know what day it is? Im calling today Friday, but Im baking chicken

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Why the word "Lord"? Why not the word "Steward" or some other word a little less totalitarian and little more egalitarian.

It just seems to it's rather peculiar the type of government that is considered to be divine is the same one favored by King James who's name appears on the version of the translation. I doubt very much monarchy is the one true divine form of government. An omnipotent God needs absolutely nothing from us.

God is perfect, complete, and whole without any desires or needs. If we want to honor God then we should stop being selfish and self-centered and give up our entire being and commit our lives to be in the service of others 24/7.

Just my two cents.

Because He is King of kings, and Lord of lords. He is not our equal. He is our Creator. He has rules we must abide by to live in perfect harmony. Only He knows perfectly well what will be a good idea, and not be. We may have good intentions, but what we intend might not be the best for us, or for the others we seek to bless. Therefore, if He says, no, then the answer is no. Now, He allows you freedom to choose whether you want Him to be your Lord or not. If not, then you don't have to. You may choose to do your own will, and lose the benefit of having the Divine wisdom on your side in blessing others. The choice is yours.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Does anybody really know what day it is? Im calling today Friday, but Im baking chicken

Anyone Christian who claims this, by default doesn't know when Jesus resurrected as well. The Bible only says first day of the week. But if I can know what day is the first day of the week, then I can know which day is the 7th day of the week.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Christ really ripped the religious leaders of his time on Earth. He tore them a new one over their religious behaviors

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScatteredThirdAngel

Anyone Christian who claims this, by default doesn't know when Jesus resurrected as well. The Bible only says first day of the week. But if I can know what day is the first day of the week, then I can know which day is the 7th day of the week.

As Yeshua pointed out, there are more important things. Love

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Sunday would be the first day of the week in his time

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Christ really ripped the religious leaders of his time on Earth. He tore them a new one over their religious behaviors

He ripped on their heinous traditions, and their hypocrisy. Not once will you find Jesus rip on the 10 Commandments. Not once. As a matter of fact, the Bible prophesied He would do the exact opposite.

Isaiah 42:21  The LORD is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Sunday would be the first day of the week in his time

Thank you for your honesty. By default then Sunday is not the Sabbath Day, neither is it the Lord's Day.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   
You are dealing with an OT concept that was fulfilled by Christ.

“There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; for anyone who enters God’s rest also rests from his own work, just as God did from his” (Hebrews 4:9-10)

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   

He ripped on their heinous traditions, and their hypocrisy. Not once will you find Jesus rip on the 10 Commandments. Not once. As a matter of fact, the Bible prophesied He would do the exact opposite.

Isaiah 42:21  The LORD is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.

Yep, those rascal disciples picking and eating grain on the Sabath. Naughty naughty!

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck
You are dealing with an OT concept that was fulfilled by Christ.

“There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; for anyone who enters God’s rest also rests from his own work, just as God did from his” (Hebrews 4:9-10)

The 10 Commandments are meant to be eternally obeyed.

Isaiah 66:22-23  For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.  23  And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

Why is it that the only commandment, literally, of the 10, with the word "Remember" in it, is the very one everyone is being conveniently taught to forget?

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Just my two cents.

Because He is King of kings, and Lord of lords. He is not our equal. He is our Creator. He has rules we must abide by to live in perfect harmony. Only He knows perfectly well what will be a good idea, and not be. We may have good intentions, but what we intend might not be the best for us, or for the others we seek to bless. Therefore, if He says, no, then the answer is no. Now, He allows you freedom to choose whether you want Him to be your Lord or not. If not, then you don't have to. You may choose to do your own will, and lose the benefit of having the Divine wisdom on your side in blessing others. The choice is yours.

I disagree for four reasons. First, based on human experiments there is no amount of evil God will not tolerate in order to preserve our free will. The bombing of Dresden comes to mind as completely unnecessary evil.

Second, God needs absolutely NOTHING from us. It's not like God is going to die if not enough people make it into Heaven. In 1000 years there will be millions of people in Heaven and billions in Hell. What difference does it make?

And third, my faith is in an omnipotent God of unconditional love. This means everyone is allowed to enter through the gates of Heaven regardless of our Earthly sins, how we practice or not practice our religion, or who our parents may be.. What difference does sin make if everyone gets to experience eternally heavenly bliss. Why do you care if Hitler is forgiven by God. It makes no difference. Every one is saved. What else does unconditional love mean?

And fourth, the Bible is the word of man not the word of God. How can the Bible be so wrong on slavery, misogyny, and baby killing:

“This is what the Lord Almighty says... ‘Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction all that they have. Do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.’” (1 Samuel 15:3)

“Happy is he who repays you for what you have done to us – he who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks.” (Psalm 137:9)

“So the man took his concubine and sent her outside to them, and they raped her and abused her throughout the night, and at dawn they let her go. At daybreak the woman went back to the house where her master was staying, fell down at the door and lay there until daylight. When her master got up in the morning and opened the door of the house and stepped out to continue on his way, there lay his concubine, fallen in the doorway of the house, with her hands on the threshold. He said to her, ‘Get up; let’s go.’ But there was no answer. Then the man put her on his donkey and set out for home.” (Judges 19:25-28)

“Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the cruel.” (1 Peter 2:18)

“Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord.” (Ephesians 5:22)

You may think I will burn in Hell but that is because your faith in God is not as strong as mine. My faith is in an omnipotent God of unconditional love and there is certainly nothing I will be able to do in my pitiful life that would cause God to lose any sleep over. I wish you nothing but eternal Heavenly bliss when you die. Is your faith as strong as mine where you will wish the same for me? I doubt it.

edit on 2-8-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Yep, those rascal disciples picking and eating grain on the Sabath. Naughty naughty!

Anyone who thinks that the Sabbath condemns walking through a grain field to go preach with the Lord Jesus, and learn of Him, and thinks to pluck the grains is sin doesn't understand the Sabbath Day at all. That's why Jesus defended His disciples. God says do not work. If they harvested the entire field, they would be in sin. For example, if I plucked a few apples from an apple tree --> no sin involved. If I went out and harvested the entire thing, to bring it home --> that is sin.
edit on 2-8-2019 by ScatteredThirdAngel because: text mistake

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Just my two cents.

I disagree for four reasons. First, based on human experiments there is no amount of evil God will not tolerate in order to preserve our free will. The bombing of Dresden comes to mind as completely unnecessary evil.

Second, God needs absolutely NOTHING from us. It's not like God is going to die if not enough people make it into Heaven. In 1000 years there will be millions of people in Heaven and billions in Hell. What difference does it make?

And third, my faith is in an omnipotent God of unconditional love. This means everyone is allowed to enter through the gates of Heaven regardless of our Earthly sins, how we practice or not practice our religion, or who our parents may be.. What difference does sin make if everyone gets to experience eternally heavenly bliss. Why do you care if Hitler is forgiven by God. It makes no difference. Every one is saved. What else does unconditional love mean?

And fourth, the Bible is the word of man not the word of God. How can the Bible be so wrong on slavery, misogyny, and baby killing:

“This is what the Lord Almighty says... ‘Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction all that they have. Do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.’” (1 Samuel 15:3)

“Happy is he who repays you for what you have done to us – he who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks.” (Psalm 137:9)

“So the man took his concubine and sent her outside to them, and they raped her and abused her throughout the night, and at dawn they let her go. At daybreak the woman went back to the house where her master was staying, fell down at the door and lay there until daylight. When her master got up in the morning and opened the door of the house and stepped out to continue on his way, there lay his concubine, fallen in the doorway of the house, with her hands on the threshold. He said to her, ‘Get up; let’s go.’ But there was no answer. Then the man put her on his donkey and set out for home.” (Judges 19:25-28)

“Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the cruel.” (1 Peter 2:18)

“Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord.” (Ephesians 5:22)

You may think I will burn in Hell but that is because your faith in God is not as strong as mine. My faith is in an omnipotent God of unconditional love and there is certainly nothing I will be able to do in my pitiful life that would cause God to lose any sleep over. I wish you nothing but eternal Heavenly bliss when you die. Is your faith as strong as mine where you will wish the same for me? I doubt it.

I'm gonna be honest. This thread is not the place for all of this. Unless we're talking about the Lord's Day, then we'll skip this conversation.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Isaiah 42:21 The LORD is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.

Yes, for the Jews since "the law" is what some of them will be judged by.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I agree.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join