It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What agenda is behind Social Media and News Media promoting domestic terrorism?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   
This may seem far out there, but it really isnt. Ill try to keep it short.
There is a large group of over 1 million US citizens that have been openly plotting the take over of a U.S. military installation.
Even more egregious, is that FB, twitter, Local and National News media has openly discussed and promoted this.
The group: "Storm Area 51".
That's right! In this post 9/11 world, I believe the DOD would classify them as domestic terrorists right? A group of people plotting an attack on a Military base?

BUT WAIT!!!! ITS A JOKE!!!

Really? I know a better joke, walk onto a plane and say you have a bomb, but then tell them you're joking. Everyone will laugh and applaud your humor saying, "boy! He/she really got me on that one!!!"
Since when has this become acceptable? I missed the memo for sure.
The military has responded saying they dont think its funny. And I doubt anyone will be laughing when they have to shoot their fellow Americans.
Ive seen numerous people kicked off of FB for hurting peoples feelings, sharing a news story that FB branded as "fake news", making "offensive" comments, etc.
But talking about, or CONSPIRING to take over an active Military Installation is fine with them?
We could spend weeks pointing out the medias hippocracies, but thats not what I want to do here. I want to look at a possible agenda being carried out.
Lets imagine for a moment that 1,000 of the 2 million people pledged to storm area 51 show up. Lets say 100 of them are bold enough to take a run in, and they get injured or worse, eliminated. How long would it be before the News media starts preaching about, "if there was government regulation over the internet, these people wouldn't have died!!!"
Zuckerberg was just in some hot water with the Government. Maybe they had a little verbal agreement for fb to push this garbage so they can get their reasons.

We've all seen similar situations happen at least once. I guarantee that whoever is reading this, knows of an instance that someone did something REALLY stupid and hurt themselves, or others, and as a result the local law enforcement and government imposed more laws and regulations.
I see a trend of people thinking this is a step to disclosure. If it is, it is the most horrible way to disclose anything!!! Having a millennial who resembles a power ranger make a FB page in order to openly admit to the public that we are not alone?!?!?!?!?!
Not buying it.
If I post a "storm your local police station" page what will happen? It will be taken down, if it ever posts at all.
So why allow this? Sure there's T-shirts, and Merchandise, but no one's getting rich off of this. Facebook's blatant violation of its own t&c, and every news station in the country has ran the story with it being completely irrelevant to 99% of the worlds population.
I feel there's another patriot act written for the internet, and that this is probably just one of the stepping stones to get it signed.
Dont beat me up too bad!!! Remember this is General Conspiracies!!!

If you think they would not shoot their fellow citizens, prepare to be disappointed. "Battle of Blair Mountain" 1921. A lot of Americans were killed by The US army. Its also were the term 'Redneck' was coined. Check it out.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Their storming it to free all the captive aliens.
Maybe the media is on side as it a just cause?
Or maybe because it so ridiculous it’s hard to take seriously?

My moneys on one of those 2 options

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Oh, this one is easy.

If a portion of the US population storms a military base, and the military open fires on them, the media already has their reports written.
"Breaking news, TRUMP personally shoots and kills 10,000 american citizens"

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Brian4real

Ya know what? This could all be a trap. Sure, many, maybe most, could be taking this as a facebook joke and sign up. Lot's of fun, idle fun. But you are right. Maybe just a joke or maybe serious.

But what if this guy who started the idea was really an agent for some alphabet agency and all they were seeking to do was to gather names for a list. A list that already has all the information about the signees that they put on Facebook. All those people have at least gone up from one level of surveillance to the next level.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Whats that song....oh yeah. Send in the clowns.

Truth is...out of that million...yad get 10 or 15 show up. Most wouldnt even have a car much less gas money.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   
They allow conversation about killing a sitting President to continue unabated, what's the big deal about taking over a military base? You must be a free speech Nazi or something.

Eta: I think you are spot on about an internet bill of rights waiting in the wings. More control, more power. It's all they care about.
edit on 27-7-2019 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Brian4real

Personally when a small group of tinfoil hat wearing basement dwellers attempt to storm Area 51 (and you know at least a few hundred of them at least really ARE that stupid) and get shot down by the hired mercenaries that guard and patrol the base I hope Zuckerberg gets the pants sued off of him for intentionally allowing the page and "movement" to exist thereby being to some extent responsible- especially since FB has been shutting down any conservative pages they can with any violations of T&Cs they can come up with. You can't pick and choose when and if you enforce terms and conditions without being sued just by making some half-assed disclaimer!

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   
A lot of great input!!! I think any of the replys above could potentially be the answer!!
I definitely believe theres a good chance that the organizer(s) are "assets" to 1 or more of the Alphabet boys. It could also be used as a mudslinging point to blame the right or left. This 'joke' has gotten far too much coverage from far too many Media Corporations.
I STILL see this 'collusion' argument being made. Whether you believe it did, or didn't happen, the momentum is heading toward some type of internet TSA.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I am in disagreement. The FB post is an obvious ploy to garner likes, hits, friends, interactions - whatever the current measures of internet influence (alleged) that social media users seek. And site traffic, click thrus, etc.

Probably a t-shirt and trinkets commercial endeavor as most FB people spend so much time on FB they don't necessarily have any real intent to travel hundreds or thousands of miles to do anything else.

There are the dedicated delusional that may attempt this (even though its already been debunked as a joke by the FB user) -
I hope things don't escalate to injuries.

Best advice I've heard on internet "movements" in general: Be Careful Who you Follow!

ganjoa

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Thought you was talking about ANTIFA

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   
It isn't that hard to figure out. Before the internet, TPTB had complete control over everything (basically). You didn't hear, read or see anything they didn't have complete control over. And if anyone tried to say anything they didn't like, they could just cut them off and use their dominance to demonize that person (those persons).

The internet was a game changer but they can still regain complete dominance if they can come up with a good enough excuse as to why people cannot freely express themselves online. And of course they have been hard at work laying the framework for "free speech is the most dangerous thing in the universe" for at least the last 20 years.

"Social media" is obviously made of big brother. It's really just putting all your eggs in one basket (or a couple of baskets, if you really believe all the social media giants are separate entities or that they don't all actually have the same goals). Think back before the blight of Facebook. AOL (back in the day when AOL was as dominant as Facebook is now) might not have exactly seemed like the wild west but compared to what's going on now, it kinda was. It's almost getting to the point to where you can't create an email account without a retina scan (kind of a joke but it doesn't seem all that far fetched anymore).

Can they afford to allow the internet to continue as it has? No. They know they won't be able to control it if they don't do something.

edit on 28-7-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I believe this is the real story of the SM evolution and purpose: it was kind of dumb luck this came along and it’s purpose now is for TPTB - whosever they are - to control or destroy the masses.

Here’s what I think happened:

Zuckerberg comes up with the FB idea at Harvard (with a little help) and it catches on. This is now viewed as a viable thing and it gets expanded to more and more major universities Around the country. Being for colleges only, you ingrain FB into their lives for pictures, likes, party invitations, campus events - the whole of it. Now students like it and are becoming reliant on it. In the process, you’re building a base of literally millions of the next educated generation - and on repeat with every new freshman class.

About this time, the Feds decide this isn’t a flash in the pan, and like Zuck are “shocked” at what people will turn over for information. Remember, these are college kids - low boundaries/little to lose at that stage in the game and that info can be associated with them forever. Users also don’t seem to care about being tracked, turning over sensitive information or talking about things that might be of interest to TPTB. The Feds find this fantastic as they couldn’t legally collect some of this information en mass on its citizens. Jackpot. Feds move in and cut a deal with FB - FB can continue on, will make a lot of people rich, and they’re going to “share” their data with the NSA. Oh, and the Feds make it clear it needs to be opened up to everyone in the world - not just the US college students. Need a big drag bet. I bet the Feds has a slogan like “you monetize it, we analyze it” for the agreement between them and FB. This works out great as Zuck just wanted to get rich and F with people anyway.

FB now opens up to the masses and shares data with the NSA. The dragnet is huge. Data is flowing. More SM platforms pop up - instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc. all just more ways to connect with SM and catch more users/data. The Feds drag Zuck in front of a few house oversight committees, kick him in the shorts publicly and shake him down/extort a few billion here and there from him to make it look like they’re doing something... and then it’s back to business as usual.

That’s what happened/how we got here IMO.

As for the purpose, it turns out that the Feds figured out pretty quickly that SM can be weaponized and politicians, particularly far left ones, now have a mircophone to reach the masses. This is perfect for them because younger voters are a huge demographic for them and they heavily engage with SM - hence they “connect” and “get them” - thus they can influence. This is exactly what Trump does in reverse - and he’s not the first politician to weaponize SM - he’s just the first president to do so.

What’s the point of this? To kill people without losing a single life. People can be slandered, without much fact or support, by a skilled SM user. This means they know how to silence opposing views and “troll” people to ensure their voice is louder than data, facts or rational discussion. Search engine optimization in reverse.

What’s the end game? I think it follows one of a couple paths:

1. The aim is total destabilization of society which allows the Feds to take over most things - install a single-party/NWO government to restore order and it’s the end of our democracy.
2. The aim is to move the country more left to align with Europe (and then possibly play out the scenario above) and it turns out that liberals are just far better at using social media to push their agenda - which just makes it seem as if the above is playing out.
3. What’s happening with SM is just the natural evolution of SM - lots of cooks in the kitchen playing not so nice and stirring each other up to the point of depression, segregation and violence. This allows the government to step in and collect more data, publicly, from SM users - by virtues of “oversight” and ensuring “safety” or “national security”. They eat the elephant one bite at a time and ultimately make people further ok with government involvement in their lives towards some political end.

When I really stretch myself ... FB took off - along with social media - following 9/11 and the massive expansion of the NSA.... now there’s an interesting angle to explore!

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaChaser
I believe this is the real story of the SM evolution and purpose: it was kind of dumb luck this came along and it’s purpose now is for TPTB - whosever they are - to control or destroy the masses.

Here’s what I think happened:

Zuckerberg comes up with the FB idea at Harvard (with a little help) and it catches on. This is now viewed as a viable thing and it gets expanded to more and more major universities Around the country. Being for colleges only, you ingrain FB into their lives for pictures, likes, party invitations, campus events - the whole of it. Now students like it and are becoming reliant on it. In the process, you’re building a base of literally millions of the next educated generation - and on repeat with every new freshman class.

About this time, the Feds decide this isn’t a flash in the pan, and like Zuck are “shocked” at what people will turn over for information. Remember, these are college kids - low boundaries/little to lose at that stage in the game and that info can be associated with them forever. Users also don’t seem to care about being tracked, turning over sensitive information or talking about things that might be of interest to TPTB. The Feds find this fantastic as they couldn’t legally collect some of this information en mass on its citizens. Jackpot. Feds move in and cut a deal with FB - FB can continue on, will make a lot of people rich, and they’re going to “share” their data with the NSA. Oh, and the Feds make it clear it needs to be opened up to everyone in the world - not just the US college students. Need a big drag bet. I bet the Feds has a slogan like “you monetize it, we analyze it” for the agreement between them and FB. This works out great as Zuck just wanted to get rich and F with people anyway.

FB now opens up to the masses and shares data with the NSA. The dragnet is huge. Data is flowing. More SM platforms pop up - instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc. all just more ways to connect with SM and catch more users/data. The Feds drag Zuck in front of a few house oversight committees, kick him in the shorts publicly and shake him down/extort a few billion here and there from him to make it look like they’re doing something... and then it’s back to business as usual.

That’s what happened/how we got here IMO.

As for the purpose, it turns out that the Feds figured out pretty quickly that SM can be weaponized and politicians, particularly far left ones, now have a mircophone to reach the masses. This is perfect for them because younger voters are a huge demographic for them and they heavily engage with SM - hence they “connect” and “get them” - thus they can influence. This is exactly what Trump does in reverse - and he’s not the first politician to weaponize SM - he’s just the first president to do so.

What’s the point of this? To kill people without losing a single life. People can be slandered, without much fact or support, by a skilled SM user. This means they know how to silence opposing views and “troll” people to ensure their voice is louder than data, facts or rational discussion. Search engine optimization in reverse.

What’s the end game? I think it follows one of a couple paths:

1. The aim is total destabilization of society which allows the Feds to take over most things - install a single-party/NWO government to restore order and it’s the end of our democracy.
2. The aim is to move the country more left to align with Europe (and then possibly play out the scenario above) and it turns out that liberals are just far better at using social media to push their agenda - which just makes it seem as if the above is playing out.
3. What’s happening with SM is just the natural evolution of SM - lots of cooks in the kitchen playing not so nice and stirring each other up to the point of depression, segregation and violence. This allows the government to step in and collect more data, publicly, from SM users - by virtues of “oversight” and ensuring “safety” or “national security”. They eat the elephant one bite at a time and ultimately make people further ok with government involvement in their lives towards some political end.

When I really stretch myself ... FB took off - along with social media - following 9/11 and the massive expansion of the NSA.... now there’s an interesting angle to explore!

*slow clap*

Well done! Hadn't thought of if quite like that, but I think you're likely pretty spot on with your theory.

new topics

top topics

join