It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eternal damnation how bad can it be

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: Deetermined

His disciples, they died loving others, no violence, NO VIOLENCE!

Let me refresh your memory on why Jesus told his disciples they would be killed...

Matthew 24

9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

Too bad Matthew did not forsee Peter, Paul, Mary is being revered now by the churches. So basically sentence 9 is a moot, since it does not have any everlasting impact.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: EasternShadow

We've already been through this 1,000 times and there's no point in rehashing it again here, but you might want to go research a Christian definition for what the Trinity is and how it works.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Lazarus Short

Matthew 3 states that Jesus will burn up "the chaff with unquenchable fire" but wait - you make the mistake of thinking chaff is a class of people. See First Corinthians 3:15 = it states that it is our WORKS that are burned up. These works are our personal chaff, tares wood, hay and stubble. The person possessing these things, and we all do, will suffer loss, a lot or a little, be we will be saved.

Matthew 5 says "hell" in many versions, BUT the Greek word is "Gehenna," a place in the real world that you can visit today.

Luke 16 contains the parable of Lazarus and the rich man, but that parable is not about hell - it is about the future fate of the nation of Judah.

This is when you need to compare Matthew 3 with the parable of the wheat and tares in Matthew 13 to help you get a better understanding.

What's your point about Matthew 5? The use of the term "hell" revolves around PERISHING. Regardless of whether it's a place you can visit today or not, it's comparing it to death. The whole chapter discusses what judgement, the Kingdom of Heaven, etc.

The parable in Luke 16 can be summed up in the last few verses...

29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.

30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.

31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   

How do you figure? You're not making much sense.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   

We've already been through this 1,000 times and there's no point in rehashing it again here, but you might want to go research a Christian definition for what the Trinity is and how it works.

The definition for Trinity already contradicted the Oneness of God. It's a Greco-Roman Pagan ideology. There is nothing more to discuss about it.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   

As I said, you don't understand it. For one, you're constantly putting limitations on God because you think of him with a limited mind.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   

How do you figure? You're not making much sense.

How do I figure?

Christianity does not even reach ALL NATIONS pre-Columbus era, so how on earth nations like Mayan and Aztec supposedly hate the apostles?

Even modern day nations like Israel does not hate the apostles. Otherwise they would have ban the use of Saint Peter images in Churches.

The Pagan Roman Empire is long dead. But of course Matthew never know it.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I stick to the Oneness of God. You don't.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   

What exactly is your definition of "Oneness"?

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   

There is only One God. And He can't be the son because He is Always The First. The Son God is ridiculous notion. God is not Human.

All Glory belong to the Father, said Jesus. Not the son. Not the Holy Spirit. And certainly not the Virgin Mary either.

There is no other gods beside me, said the Lord God.

edit on 25-7-2019 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   

There is only One God. And He can't be the son because He is Always The First. The Son God is ridiculous notion. God is not Human.

God said He was the FiRST AND the LAST. Jesus said the same thing about himself in the book of Revelation. Since you don't understand the Trinity, I don't expect that you'll understand how God can be the First and the Last at the same time either.

edit on 25-7-2019 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   

God never said He is the first and the last AT THE SAME TIME. You added it.

He said He is the last implying He always exist when everything else ends.

Revelation is non canon Gospels for some reasons. Go figure it out.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Read it very carefully...

Isaiah 44:6

6 Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, AND HIS redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Read it very carefully...

Isaiah 44:6

6 Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, AND HIS redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Did he said AT THE SAME TIME? Nope.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   

You're funny. This will be my last statement on the matter since you don't understand it.

There's a reason that both the Old Testament AND the New Testament use the phrase below, so go do some research on it...

Deuteronomy 6:4

4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord:

Mark 12:29

29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

The Jews didn't understand it, so my hopes may be too high for you to get it either.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   

You're funny. This will be my last statement on the matter since you don't understand it.

There's a reason that both the Old Testament AND the New Testament use the phrase below, so go do some research on it...

Deuteronomy 6:4

4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord:

Mark 12:29

29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

The Jews didn't understand it, so my hopes may be too high for you to get it either.

That is exactly what it said. ONE. Not Godhead. Not Three in One. Not 3 persons or whatever trinity try to force it.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   

1 Corinthians 8:6

6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

1 John 5:7

7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word (Jesus), and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Isaiah 41:4

4 Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   

1 Corinthians 8:6

6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

One Lord is not One LORD. Lord in the bible is a title. LORD on the other hand refer to God. Hebrew translations clearly show it.

1 John 5:7

7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word (Jesus), and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

The infamous comma Johannes. We've been through that already.

bible.org...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Go read Isaiah 41:4 again that I added.

Now you know why Jesus said...

John 8:19

19 Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Go read Isaiah 41:4 again that I added.

That was God talking. Not Jesus. Notice that God never use "My Father" to pronounce Himself throughout the Old Testament? He even make sure Moses to reveal His True Name to the Israelite so that everyone does not mistake who was talking.

God never glorified anyone as Jesus did.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join