It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eternal damnation how bad can it be

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Why does Jesus send the goats and unfaithful servants into outer darkness. Jesus spoke of it so it has to exist. You calling Jesus a lair?

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
Not that bad, apparently.

There is, of course, a third way: Universal Reconciliation. I am convinced that UR is the true way, having run down the meanings of key verses and words...also their historical meanings.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lazarus Short

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck
There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth in the near term, but glory and happiness in the long run, because God will become All in all.
a reply to: Lazarus Short

I do not find any scripture that states there is a way in to the presence of God from the wailing and nashing of teeth that ocures in the realm of the outer darkness out of the presence of God. Could you give me a scripture reference for your statement?

It's simply a matter of putting it all together...perhaps with a leap of faith. We all know of the judgments in the Revelation, how some are tossed into the Lake of Fire, and yes it seems rather final. Death everywhere: Revelation 19:21, 20:9, 20:15. But it gets a bit confusing, as we see stated in Rev. 21:4 "...there shall be no more death." In verse 8, however, we see a list of the wicked who are relegated to the LoF, again called the second death. Almost lastly, in 22:15, we see that those wicked are still outside the Holy City. Is that really the end? No, for we are shown in First Corinthians 15:26 that Death is the last enemy to be destroyed, as mentioned in Rev. 21:4. Further, we are told that the Son will turn the Kingdom over to the Father, Who will then be All in all (verse 28). I conclude from all this that if Death is destroyed, no one can remain dead, and if God is All in all, then all are saved, redeemed, reconciled. The process is not exactly specified, thus my leap of faith comment, but I note that fire and sulfur/brimstone are purifying agents. So...you must ask yourself if the Lake of Fire is for punishment/destruction or for purification. If God is to become All in all, then it must be the latter, Hell theology to the contrary notwithstanding.

Im not speaking of Hell Im talking about outer darkness a permanent separation from the presence of God. There are rewards in heaven too.
edit on 27-7-2019 by PhilbertDezineck because: words

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

Do you construe outer darkness as Hell? The KJV translators missed a good chance here to insert "hell," but sometimes they just had to be honest.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   

There is, of course, a third way: Universal Reconciliation. I am convinced that UR is the true way, having run down the meanings of key verses and words...also their historical meanings.

The word does say that all thing were made by Him and all things will be reconciled back to Him.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Outer Darkness must be temporary if God is going to become All in all.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Do you construe outer darkness as Hell? The KJV translators missed a good chance here to insert "hell," but sometimes they just had to be honest.

It says outer darkness not burning hell so outer darkness is not burning hell.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   

The word does say that all thing were made by Him and all things will be reconciled back to Him.

You're on the right track.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Outer darkness is for those who know the Master yet are unfaithful to His did you not see e condemnation of the goats who thought they were the sheep. The unfaithful servant who hid what was givien to him yet brought no increase.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Outer darkness is for those who know the Master yet are unfaithful to His did you not see e condemnation of the goats who thought they were the sheep. The unfaithful servant who hid what was givien to him yet brought no increase.

Agreed, but do you see that God's punishments are corrective and temporary, not punitive and eternal?

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 04:16 AM
link   

a reply to: Itisnowagain

Why does Jesus send the goats and unfaithful servants into outer darkness. Jesus spoke of it so it has to exist. You calling Jesus a lair?

Would you mind posting the bit in the Bible that states what you have stated so I can read how it is written in the Bible please?

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Seems that 'outer darkness' is being cast out of Gods presence.

It is about how much time you spend looking in time.... past and future is not what is actually appearing presently.

Here and now there is light appearing in plain sight.
It is thought (the whispering fork tongued serpent) that speaks of other times within presence that may convince one that there is more than presence.

When it is recognised that the present is happening and no past or future exists....... Only the present is then it will be found that there is no thing separate in presence...... then who can be judged?

An example is; when sitting in a traffic jam there is actually just sitting in a traffic jam...... but the thoughts maybe saying 'this should not be happening'.... 'if I had left earlier this would not be happening'.
See how thought judges and makes what actually is present wrong.

Thoughts can't see that 'what is' actually is. Thought speaks about what happened and what should be happening or what will happen.

Those that have eyes see. Those that have ears hear.
edit on 28-7-2019 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join