It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not Again...Natalie Portman Is The New Thor God Of Thunder

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
a reply to: Liquesence

And Ghostbusters tanked because of why? Because it sucked and it was a blatant attempt to change the entire premise of the first movie, by inserting women into the original roles. So, what's next? Having Ronda Rousey play Rambo? LMAO

Maybe it did suck (I haven't seen it). Did it suck because it had women instead of men, or because of a bad script/filming/cinematography/production/etc?

There's a difference.

If you say it sucked because it "insert[ed] women into the original roles" that is on you. Sounds like you just have a problem with women in certain roles.

But a female Rambo would be pretty badass, actually.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   

No, I have a problem with movies that were originally written for a male lead, then remade with the exact same script, with a woman lead, just to be PC correct.

I'm sure there are women out there who would complain if "KILL BILL" (which was a GREAT movie) was remade into a movie called "KILL BRENDA" with the same storyline as the original, except a male in the leading role. Or, how about "THE FIRST WIVES CLUB" remade into "THE FIRST HUSBANDS CLUB" with guys in the leading roles? Not only would those movies probably SUCK, but it would infuriate many fans of those movies as well.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

No, I have a problem with movies that were originally written for a male lead, then remade with the exact same script, with a woman lead, just to be PC correct.

I'm sure there are women out there who would complain if "KILL BILL" (which was a GREAT movie) was remade into a movie called "KILL BRENDA" with the same storyline as the original, except a male in the leading role. Or, how about "THE FIRST WIVES CLUB" remade into "THE FIRST HUSBANDS CLUB" with guys in the leading roles? Not only would those movies probably SUCK, but it would infuriate many fans of those movies as well.

Or 9 to 5 with all male lead characters, and a bitchy female boss. The original 9 to 5 was great because it empowered women to stand up to quid-pro-quo and sexual harassment in the workplace. Would it be OK to remake that with men in the leads? IMO, it would not because it taints the premise. Even though there IS female sexual harassment that goes on every day in workplaces across the globe.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Haven't seen it, can't comment.

But who is a male to say what should or shouldn't be made about women and their empowerment or lack thereof?

a bitchy female boss

There ya go.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

But who is a male to say what should or shouldn't be made about women and their empowerment or lack thereof?

a bitchy female boss

There ya go.

If you never saw the movie, how can you even comment on my statement. You can't. GO watch the movie, then you will understand that phrase and why it is apropos.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

a bitchy female boss

There ya go.

If you never saw the movie, how can you even comment on my statement. You can't. GO watch the movie, then you will understand that phrase and why it is apropos.

I can comment on the general sentiment, which is the problem some males have with female leads of perceived male dominant films.

But thanks.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

a bitchy female boss

There ya go.

I can comment on the general sentiment, which is the problem some males have with female leads of perceived male dominant films.

But thanks.

Well, in this case you are making a false assumption. Until you have seen the movie and know what the hell it is about, perhaps not commenting is better?

edit on 7/22/2019 by Krakatoa because: fixed spelling errors

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 11:23 PM
link   
It's no different than those Lego movies..

"Hey you guys, I got an idea. Let's take this really popular movie, and redo it with Legos!"

Thor Lego.

And it will be relegated to the same pile, that only the kiddos watch and get bored with.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I have absolutely no problem with this. And I also have no problem with a female Bond character. I think it's great. I just wish they didn't have to do it in a way that is vindictive towards men. I get that women should have been treated with respect and as equals all along. I just don't think there's anything to be gained from doing it in a spiteful, retaliatory and inflammatory way. We have more of that then we know what to do with already. The impact it's having on society is not good. Trump is one of the examples of what happens when this mindset dominates common sense.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Lol your problem is not that the history changes from a man to a woman, because that happens on the comic as well and it is not like original thor is rewritren to being a woman. It's More like he loses the right and and she takes over

Your problem is just that she's a woman, if another guy was written on the story to replace the original Thor and they would explain it with the exact same reason, that the original lost the ability and right to be Thor, you would be cool and support it.. But no woman! Ever!

Patheticus Totallus!
edit on 23-7-2019 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

It’s actually the people most critical of Trump who are most guilty of this mindset from what I have seen.

You are correct though restorative justice for perceived ills in the past is not a suitable replacement for natural justice.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

where did ian fleming ever say bond was a woman never it would be like turning sherlock holmes into shirley holmes if they want a woman character invent one don't steal the author's choice of character gender just for pc

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Steveogold

where did ian fleming ever say bond was a woman never it would be like turning sherlock holmes into shirley holmes if they want a woman character invent one don't steal the author's choice of character gender just for pc

Since Bond is still male what is it you are complaining about?

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

have you read the tread they are are making bond a female ok

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 03:40 AM
link   
This is quickly becoming a trend in Hollywood now.

Examples:

Sequel to "300" became female-led cast...

Bond 25 now female-led cast...

Marvel with Thor etc

Blah blah blah.

I think the only thing that about makes much sense right now is Black Panther being a black male... (as opposed to being a white female hahahahahaha)

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 03:44 AM
link   

a reply to: ScepticScot

Yeah, there was the initial uproar about this.

But it turns out the actual "Bond" is in retirement and the moniker "007" has passed on to a black female who is supposed to bring "Bond" (the dude) out of retirement.

Same thing with Thor. Not so much "Thor" being female, but Jane having the powers of "Thor".

The media deliberately put in the hyperbolic and wrong headlines to cause uproar. Jane isn't Thor and "007" isn't Bond; Jane has the powers of Thor and 007, codename for an agent, is now someone else (as Bond, former 007, is in hiding).

Still, seems to be a trend in Hollywood now that there are more female-led casts. Goodness knows why...
edit on 23-7-2019 by AnakinWayneII because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Steveogold

And where is James Bond going to be a woman?

No where.

007 has been James Bond, there are many other 00 agents,

Women have already played 00 agents in Bond movies of the past

No, you seem very confused.

James Bond is not going to be woman.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

In both the DC and Marvel comic universes over the years there have been role reversals. It's a nature of the beast, particularly to stop things getting stale. Why does it upset you so much?

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: BoneSay
Lol your problem is not that the history changes from a man to a woman, because that happens on the comic as well and it is not like original thor is rewritren to being a woman. It's More like he loses the right and and she takes over

Your problem is just that she's a woman, if another guy was written on the story to replace the original Thor and they would explain it with the exact same reason, that the original lost the ability and right to be Thor, you would be cool and support it.. But no woman! Ever!

Patheticus Totallus!

Maybe you should write the script for Sara Wick: Gayfag Chronicles.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   

She will be playing 007 not Bond Daniel Craig will be playing the title character.

Just like how Natalie Portman isn't playing Thor she is playing Jane Foster who gets Thors power.

Not the same thing but hey if it going to hit the right political buttons just you keep peddling that crap

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join