It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not Again...Natalie Portman Is The New Thor God Of Thunder

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Portman, who played Jane in the first two Thor films, will be remerging as the female Thor. She ran out on stage to thunderous applause and accepted the hammer from a kneeling Taika Waititi.

apnews.com...

I really enjoyed the Thor trilogy, starring Chris Hemsworth as Thor, but now actress Natalie Portman will be "taking up the hammer." The Norse deity has always been a male character, ever since Thor's comic book debut, way back in 1962.

Coincidentally, the James Bond "007" franchise also started in 1962, with the release of "Dr. No." Earlier this month, we found out that a black female actress was chosen to be the new "007" in Bond 25.

Many people are starting to ask if SJW politics are ruining movies. IMO, I would say that many are delighted that women are being asked to play iconic characters on the silver screen. That doesn't mean that they should.

Whatever happened to catering to the target audience of your films? People believe that Liberal identity politics has ruined the Star Wars franchise, after the release of "The Last Jedi" and "Solo." Why not just write more original scripts with a strong, female character, instead of shoehorning a female character into a beloved movie series, just to make a point?

Who besides me, believes that these statements are fairly accurate?

All of these obvious attempts to change attitudes is also an indirect insult to the people you’re targeting. It’s implying that people’s attitudes are not good enough, and that something or someone needs to change and adapt the distorted views of the SJW. The patronizing and condescending messages is a big part of the problem, causing much of the back lash.

People watch movies and play games as a form of escapism, not to have ignorant, uneducated SJW nonsense thrust in their faces.

The whole narrative is that there is a problem of oppression and discrimination which is massively exaggerated. They are taking a few bad examples and then magnifying that across the majority. Which is of course insulting the majority, due to the faulty thinking, cognitive biases and other psychological motivations of the sjw.

mindpotentialpower.com...

edit on 7/22/2019 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Well, can't get the link to work, but there is is a character from the comic series that became a female Thor. So, not so shocking.
edit on 22-7-2019 by Jefferton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

To late,

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Saw someone else posted this here this morning. Sucks marvel turned thor into a chic. They did the same in the comics with captain marvel too. The empowering women is good for politics but I dont find strong bad attitude women attractive at all.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Can't believe they picked the scrawniest woman they could find.
edit on 22-7-2019 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   
There is already a Active thread on this subject. As has been pointed out on that thread Jane Foster as Thor has been going since 2014 in the comics but she has appeared as the "Goddess of Thunder" since 1978.

It is not a literal turning Thor into a woman its just that Jane Foster is going to be wilding Mjolnir and thus have the powers of Thor.

It pisses me off how people with little to no understanding of source material get annoyed about this but I think what pisses me off even more is how people like to take their politics and use it to hate on a movie. All this crap about SJWs and liberals doing this and that, must be rather dull to live lift like that, only liking anything that aligns perfectly with your own politics.

Jane Foster is going to be taking up the hammer because Taika Waititi is looking for something new to try that will sell tickets not because of some liberal SJW feminist agenda.

edit on 22-7-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
Well, can't get the link to work, but there is is a character from the comic series that became a female Thor. So, not so shocking.

Squirrel girl beat thanos in the comics too but that doesnt make it a good idea for a movie.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   
If the left wants to write strong female characters they should look at Ridley from the Alien movies...especially Aliens. She was such a strong, iconic character that was a woman, but also well written. It didn’t matter if she was a woman or a man because it was a good story.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I don't know what it is, but seeing her in strong roles gives me an innie.
I usually like strong women too.
I think it's the dudejaw.
I will still probably watch it though.
:

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
If the left wants to write strong female characters they should look at Ridley from the Alien movies...especially Aliens. She was such a strong, iconic character that was a woman, but also well written. It didn’t matter if she was a woman or a man because it was a good story.

Don't forget Erin Brockovich, or Norma Rae. Both strong female role models that you hear not a peep about today. I'll bet most women in their formative years to their 30's now don''t even know who they are or what they did for people.

Sad really. The PC SJW movement needs to usurp male characters when they have ample female role models to pull form everywhere. Why, because the femnazi movement want's to send the message "all men bad".

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Many people are starting to ask if SJW politics are ruining movies.

Or, the studios are simply looking for and targeting another, and different, audience.

IMO, I would say that many are delighted that women are being asked to play iconic characters on the silver screen. That doesn't mean that they should.

So, because some are delighted to see women play these characters, they shouldn't because it doesn't cater to *you?* They should cater to *your* audience and not other audiences? Lol

Whatever happened to catering to the target audience of your films?

That's exactly what they're doing: targeting an audience.

Same with Ghostbusters.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   

This would not happen to any deity that did not originate in Europe and in my opinion is a continuation of the subversion and estruction of our native religions, spirituality, culture and history.

The same character that is a (lame) comic book character to some holds an extremely specia position in the religion an mythology of northern and Western Europe.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM

This would not happen to any deity that did not originate in Europe and in my opinion is a continuation of the subversion and estruction of our native religions, spirituality, culture and history.

The same character that is a (lame) comic book character to some holds an extremely specia position in the religion an mythology of northern and Western Europe.

Or the middle east. Like a female Mohammed character.

Why is that???

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

And Ghostbusters tanked because of why? Because it sucked and it was a blatant attempt to change the entire premise of the first movie, by inserting women into the original roles. So, what's next? Having Ronda Rousey play Rambo? LMAO

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Exactly. It was a well written script, with a strong female lead character. I have no problem with Hollywood writing original scripts that include more lead roles for female, black or gay actors. Just don't shove them in iconic roles that have been loved by a generation of fans and expect people to jump for joy.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I'd like to tell her where she can put that hammer.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
As has been pointed out on that thread Jane Foster as Thor has been going since 2014 in the comics but she has appeared as the "Goddess of Thunder" since 1978.

And nobody watched that crap for a reason. It didn't work in 1978 and it won't work today.
edit on 22-7-2019 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   
In the comics, this actually made Thor more compelling of a character. And its come full circle now with "War of the Realms".

I'm curious to see if this will bring about Old King Thor or Gorr the God Butcher into the MCU.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   
They sure don't make them like they used to.

Where i'm from at least men and woman still fit some traditional stereotypes. Hell i can still even guess someones gender just by looking at them. I'll enjoy it while i can.

edit on 22/7/19 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I'm ok with it except for the name. It should be Jane Goddess of Thunder. Beta Ray Bill didn't change his name when he got the power of Thor.

Plus, she should get a beard and a beer belly like Thor Odinson had in Endgame.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join