It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Has The Golden Ratio Been Suppressed In Academia ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phantom423

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Maybe I'll do both. Do you have a clue what "open minded" means? Please don't answer.

Get in the 21st century. There's more than papyrus. Videos are a very effective way of communicating knowledge. Judge the knowledge itself, not whatever is presenting it. Your prejudice is preventing you from understanding different perspectives.

Still waiting on your response in this thread

edit on 23-7-2019 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

edit on 23-7-2019 by Phantom423 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   

edit on 23-7-2019 by Phantom423 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   
The average sinuosity of rivers around the world is pi. No grand design there, just a relationship that is a result of a process that had nothing to do with Pi causing rivers to behave that way.

Pi's relationship to the golden ratio is of the same ilk... it is the nature of the universe we live in. We should not infer causal relationships and patterns as having to do with a grand scheme of anything.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Observationalist
a reply to: rnaa

I read your little condescending demonstration with the date and phi, very fascinating.
You obviously don’t understand what I did.

I appreciate the unwarranted insult to my intelligence. I hope you fee better about yourself and I hope my sarcasm and passive aggressiveness bugs the hell out of you.

Mods, If you take this post down then take his down too. Thanks

Whatever. Your arithmetic is wrong.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

originally posted by: Phantom423

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Maybe I'll do both. Do you have a clue what "open minded" means? Please don't answer.

Get in the 21st century. There's more than papyrus. Videos are a very effective way of communicating knowledge. Judge the knowledge itself, not whatever is presenting it. Your prejudice is preventing you from understanding different perspectives.

Still waiting on your response in this thread

You're in no position to make demands about responding to a post. How many posts have you totally ignored? You want to be regarded as a scientist and have your opinion respected, but you never engage in the real discussion. It's your way or the highway. When you're willing to respond to comments and questions in a real discussion, let me know.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

No it's not being suppressed as there's nothing supernatural or special about it. Lots of geometric shapes appear in nature, but there's no grand design associated with it

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ziplock9000

No it's not being suppressed as there's nothing supernatural or special about it. Lots of geometric shapes appear in nature, but there's no grand design associated with it

Phi is called an irrational number because its infinite non-repeating decimal sequence is incomprehensible to the human mind. Atheists can bury their head in the sand, but the evidence is everywhere... You're just too stubborn to admit it. Let go of your meaningless convictions and see the intelligently contrived ordered systems all around you.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Phi is called an irrational number because its infinite non-repeating decimal sequence is incomprehensible to the human mind. Atheists can bury their head in the sand, but the evidence is everywhere... You're just too stubborn to admit it. Let go of your meaningless convictions and see the intelligently contrived ordered systems all around you.

Math is created by humans. Noticing patterns in nature is not evidence for any designer, sorry. Numerology is not science. Believe what you want, but you guys just seem SUPER desperate to want some grandiose explanation for something that is relatively simple.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

Math is created by humans.

The order systems involved in keeping the universe in order go according to mathematically predictable patterns. Humans did not create it, we discovered it.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   

The order systems involved in keeping the universe in order go according to mathematically predictable patterns. Humans did not create it, we discovered it.

Could this mean that Matter is mathematical and anti-matter is non-mathematical ?

After all - if this Universe was created from a 50/50 Matter / Antimatter explosion (big bang), then it seems the mathematically predictable patterns won.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rapha
After all - if this Universe was created from a 50/50 Matter / Antimatter explosion (big bang), then it seems the mathematically predictable patterns won.

That's what it looks like to us at this point. Ignoring that math is a pretty inaccurate way to describe the universe, since it has a lot of difficulty dealing with nested infinities and points-of-view, we're still a long way from parsing out what the universe is actually made of.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Math is created by humans.

100% false. Math is our interpretation of measurement and calculation of what is already out there. It's a tool to describe quantifiable concepts.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Math is our interpretation of measurement and calculation of what is already out there. It's a tool to describe quantifiable concepts.

Math is not up for interpretation. It is concrete and objective. We didnt create the laws of physics, we only discovered them, and found they act according to mathematical laws.

originally posted by: Rapha

Could this mean that Matter is mathematical and anti-matter is non-mathematical ?

Interesting point for sure. Maybe that's why anti-matter has befuddled scientists for so long, maybe it's because it behaves irrationally.
edit on 25-7-2019 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

The problem here is the OP does not actually get what academia is. He seems to want school kids to learn it. with out saying why this is critical.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

Also: Chaos Theory

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 01:39 AM
link   

We didnt create the laws of physics, we only discovered them, and found they act according to mathematical laws.

Uh, negatory, good buddy.

We observed phenomenon and discovered ways to describe those phenomena using mathematics.

We did not 'discover' gravity and then find that gravity acts according to mathematical laws. We observed gravity and how it works and found that we can model the way gravity works using mathematics.

I'll repeat that again using different words because this is one of your fundamental misunderstandings about science: The Map Is NOT The Territory.

In other words Gravity does NOT obey mathematics - mathematics MODELS gravity. Gravity is the Territory and the Model (Newton and/or Einstein) is the map. They are not the same thing.

We (and by 'We' I mean Newton and Einstein) discovered a mathematical model that helps us predict how gravity affects us. Nothing more, nothing less.
edit on 26/7/2019 by rnaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 01:57 AM
link   
This is so cool that I get back here and everyone's talking about Phi and Pi.
Sweet!!

I don't think it's been "suppressed" per se, rather I believe it's at the highest level of our thinking and we humans are generally so distracted or under-educated that we simply haven't even begun to discover what's really going on here.

Maybe you folks are ready to read my "Secret of 42" threads again?

The link above is part 2, so if you haven't check part 1 first (linked at the beginning of part 2 for your convenience). Take your time with it, especially part 2 because there's a ton of good info compressed into a small space and I jump around a lot trying to cover as much as I can.

Seriously ATS give those threads a shot.
That 137 thing is one of the coolest things I ever stumbled upon and wrote about, IMHO.
A lot of this stuff is only being recently discovered and I believe that we will be uncovering way more in the near future as the Information Age progresses onward = which is really just us re-discovering Lost Knowledge the Pyramid builders somehow knew way more about than we ever could have imagined!

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 04:54 AM
link   

The proper definition of an irrational number is: A number that can not be made by dividing two integers (not a ratio of two integers). And guess what, there is an infinite number of irrational numbers.

The golden ratio is interesting because it describes a certain algebraic relationship:

phi = a / b = (a + b) / a

or

phi = 1 + 1 / phi

There is nothing incomprehensible about that.

And yes you can find it in nature, as you can find an infinite number of other "ratios".

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Capitalists schools don't teach the method of loci an ancient method of memory recall that if used gives the user an ability like a photographic memory, people with "photographic memories" don't want to work in factories......Fact!
Oh and big pharma don't want you knowing about the nocebo effect either, no no people they don't want you learning this shhh its bad for their business.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join