It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Has The Golden Ratio Been Suppressed In Academia ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 10:34 PM
link   
So this is a great ATS topic, this video claims that "The Golden Ratio" is not being taught properly in high school and university and is suppressed as the math relates to the possibility that it is a trademark of intelligent design.

Please watch the video and share your thoughts.

This video is very interesting and says there is a true conspiracy to suppress the science of the golden ratio because it lends too much credibility to intelligent design, and thus suppresses the real truth in this field of science.

edit on 21-7-2019 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I learned about it in community college design class. Though, I personally already knew of it...they did talk about it in my class. reply to: Blue_Jay33

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I have read about this quite often over the last ten years. It is not hidden from us, our focus is purposely being drawn away from recognizing this pattern more some reason though. I am not sure what the benefit of making us focus on other things would be, but it is very common that those running societies and government want us to focus only on what they think is worthy. Science is the same, funding and profit steer what they research. I doubt if they would pay a scientist these days to spend time studying all the aspects of this pattern and ratio. Is it useful for us? I am sure it is, if it wasn't, then they would be teaching us about it.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 11:46 PM
link   
This and the fibonacci Sequence too.
How they correlate.
edit on 21-7-2019 by TheGreatWork because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

During my undergrad, a Debussy piece I was working up for a recital had the Golden Mean written into it; my prof made me analyze the piece and find where it occurred. It was pretty damn cool, and it was a beautiful, rich, dark piece that I loved playing.

ETA: That WAS the first I had ever heard of it. So, I was taught about it during my sophomore year of college, by a music professor. 😕
edit on 22-7-2019 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 12:12 AM
link   
(Edit; reply to KansasGirl...)
What was the name of the piece? Sounds really interesting, it's funny how mathematics and music are so well interconnected.
edit on 22-7-2019 by BlackIbanez because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 12:38 AM
link   
The Golden Ratio and the Fibonacci Sequence are both related to the number e = 2.71828...

It does lead into concepts of infinity and how the self replicating nature of life works. Perhaps it is too much for some to consider that there is no end?

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 12:49 AM
link   

I have been teaching it to my kids. Point it out whenever I can.

I first focus on the Fibonacci sequence. Simple additions, with an intriguing pattern.
Then I have them draw the square so they can see the sequence more visual.

I think it’s not tught because it makes math more than what it’s meant to be. Math teachers don’t want philosophy sneaking into their assembly line math classes.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 12:50 AM
link   

A) if I’m right it’s precedence is overly hyped.. meaning there are countless things that do not have that measurement AND the margin of error for things “matching” the golden ratio is pretty crazy..

Meaning kinda like the guy finding measurements on mars/the moon, he is giving hella leeway for what “matches”..

B) assume all life came from the same puddle, that could have been in the mix for some reason..

C) it might just be structurally better..

For example, pretty much every culture on the planet uses some form of Ma and pa for their parent names.. no matter what language.

It isn’t random chance every language uses such similar parent names.. those are the easiest syllables for a human baby to say..
The golden ratio might be the best way

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 12:54 AM
link   

It's not been supresed, it's on the discovery channel quite regularly. I did it in math class, too.

link   
i am an artist, and i use it to draw and photograph all the time.

link   
a reply to: kwakakev

Actually, 1.618...

The relationship with pi is what is really interesting.

Although if you really want to crunch the math then any sequence that will tend to infinity the ratio of any term to its preceding term will yield us Golden ratio irrespective of whether it is Fibonacci sequence or not.

It's pretty, but isn't a mystery in itself.

edit on 22-7-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I learned about that and Fibonnaci sequences in high school. Both in math and in art classes.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackIbanez

Music is mathematics

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Actually, 1.618...

Yeah, that is how I remember it. So what is going on with Wikipedia and NIST calling it 2.71828...? Did it get stuck in their model after they had to fudge the numbers to account for 9/11?

I found 1.618 by progression through Fibonacci and finding the ratio between the numbers as they roll. 1.681 is the golden ratio through the art world.

Maybe I just messed up and got my e's wrong. Having a clearer definition between the dimensions of an equation helps. Good catch.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

It is approximately equal to 2.71828,[1] and is the limit of (1 + 1/n)n as n approaches infinity, an expression that arises in the study of compound interest...

and are one the five constants appearing in one formulation of Euler's identity.

Link Is this going to be trouble?

any sequence that will tend to infinity the ratio of any term to its preceding term will yield us Golden ratio irrespective of whether it is Fibonacci sequence or not.

Looks like some pushing of boundaries. Wikipedia has e squared as the default setting. With all the ridiculous nature of it, kinda makes sense.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
suppresses

The enemy of the creator of this Universe is programmed to suppress all truths of his enemy.

Amazing how many LIFE(LIVE) forms follow the Fibonacci Cycle - God's Fingerprint.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Phi is 1.618 which is the basis of the golden ratio.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 05:16 AM
link   
If we can't fathom it we like to brush over it with a "oh that's weird, lets move on".

If we truly focused on things like this our whole concept of reality would be different.

A wonderful thought.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 05:30 AM
link   
No, the "golden ratio" has not been suppressed by academia. It's an interesting thing, but not exactly a base for education. It's part of the curriculum for art, observational science and maths, often as a principle.

Edit to add that it would be a poor architecture degree if you did not learn the golden ratio and study its impact through the history of building design and aesthetics.
edit on 22/7/2019 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join