It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google to pay multimillion-dollar fine for 'targeting children

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

The settlement — backed by the agency’s three Republicans and opposed by its two Democrats

Why why why? So all of this hell raising over children of illegal immigration at the Border but look at this. Hell its only a financial fine and no one goes to prison, but the Democrats didn't even want that. I mean come on. Well I posted the article from the UK as you wont initially find it here among MSM although the Brits story referenced the Washington Post. Ask yourself why is it so hard to seek the truth here in the USA.

Oh and the law they violated was put in place back in the year 2000.

Google

Google inadequately protected kids who used its video-streaming service and improperly collected their data in breach of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, or COPPA, which prohibits the tracking and targeting of users younger than 13, the people said.

The company is expected to pay a multimillion-dollar fine as part of findings it inadequately protected kids who used its video-streaming service

The Federal Trade Commission has finalized a settlement with Google in its investigation into YouTube for violating federal data privacy laws for children, said two people familiar with the matter who were not authorized to discuss it on record.

edit on 20-7-2019 by Waterglass because: quote didnt post correct

edit on 20-7-2019 by Waterglass because: added

edit on 20-7-2019 by Waterglass because: added

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

What do those two dems on the ftc have to do with the many dems that are out fighting for the safety of children on the border?

I don't see the connection unless your trying to say those two dems somehow represent the entire party and make anything a dem has ever done for kids void?
And if that's your stance, well that's just silly.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I'd be happier with this if they were fined multi-million dollars for each child they exploited. And if decades-long prison sentences were served. Must be nice to have a firm grip on the planets balls...
edit on 20-7-2019 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

You don't see a connection because there is none. Because if there was a genuine interest by the Democrats in this country TO PROTECT CHILDREN they would have voted in favor of the fine. Take a look at those children exploited or missing along the East Coast. Suburbs around DC are ranks #1. The immigration kid thing is a photo op at best.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

They were fined $1.7 BILLION by the EU on March 21, 2019 on another matter.

edit on 20-7-2019 by Waterglass because: revised March 201 to 21

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Didn't the spooks start Google?
Is this like the ransomeware scam cities were pulling?
"We had to pay the 600k, someone(cough, cough) encrypted all our stuffs."

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

I know a company that had to pay $100,000s+ Two months later and system is still not completely back on line. Billion dollar company and its NOT a clown show. Its well run. Expert IT forensic former FED guy said If you have 1000 PCs in an office environment and just one employee forgets to turn off their PC when they go home Ransomware can get in. That's It!

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

They were fined $1.7 BILLION by the EU on March 201, 2019 on another matter.

How will they ever survive?
/s

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   
So the government gets a payday by claiming data abuse of children. The government is a never ending victim.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

What do those two dems on the ftc have to do with the many dems that are out fighting for the safety of children on the border?

I don't see the connection unless your trying to say those two dems somehow represent the entire party and make anything a dem has ever done for kids void?
And if that's your stance, well that's just silly.

If Democrats were so concerned about the safety of children on the border, then they would change the laws so that there were no children on the border.

But they have no issue piling the bodies of children so high that it would make a border wall...

As long as they can use them for political gain.

Disgusting, is it not?

Are you a Democrat?

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Democrats don't care about anyone under voting age. Want to murder your child 1 week before he/she is born? Go to a liberal Democrat state to do it. You might even get a Visa Gift Card at certain Planned Parenthood clinics.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   

They need to be broken up like ATT was back in the day.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

They need to be broken up like ATT was back in the day.

I couldn't agree with you more on that.

top topics

join